NSD 2021 - Anyone making kits?

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 858

NSD 2021 - Anyone making kits?

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

Is anyone making page kits in anticipation of the fun?  I don't normally but I'm thinking I should to reduce my stress and indecision.
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

mrozwood
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 347

Re: NSD 2021 - Anyone making kits?

Post by mrozwood »

I wouldn't call it a kit, but I'm definitely making piles. For cutting, adhesives, embellishments, patterned paper, cardstock in every color, etc.
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

I usually do a simple kit of my photos, papers, and a list of anything I want to do for the layout.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2071

Post by MTCanuk »

I am going to try to make a few.  Then I am not hunting for things and wasting my time.  But I did order lots of adhesive the other day as I don’t want to run out.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

SiriF
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 76

Post by SiriF »

I’m planning on creating Shimelle Laine’s Best of Both World kit from stash. I also just organized all the photos from last year, so I know what photos I want to scrapbook. I might go through the ones taken so far in 2021 and do the same!

I find selecting photos takes almost as long as picking papers, so having that sorted before the crop will help. I might also cut some cutfiles, but I usually do that as I scrap.

The most important thing to me is to have a tidy space when I start! I have to make about 23 invitations for my 40th birthday (it’s not until the end of November, but I want to give people a lot of time to plan as they don’t all live nearby) before the crop. I really need to get started on those so that I can have everything back in place before the crop starts!
traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 766

Post by traveler »

I’m printing photos and I’ll make a list, but that’s probably it.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1754

Post by beachlover »

definitely!!!  I have found over the years that it saves my sanity otherwise I spend the whole time digging for stuff and printing pictures!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2486

Post by emmapaige »

I stink at making kits so I use collections that I've bought to use as kits.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Jan G.
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 86

Post by Jan G. »

Printing some photos!
Jan G.
ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:58 pm
I stink at making kits so I use collections that I've bought to use as kits.

I've never gone to a crop so never had to make kits.  Tried it for the first time earlier this year for a mini paper pad class and I found it very helpful.  Or so I thought.  For 7 of the layouts I made for that class I used my kits once.  BUT, what was successful was pulling out so many older bits and bobs that would have otherwise sat in one bin or another even longer than they already have.  As I have only bought a full collection twice in my scrapping career (both only 3 weeks ago), I have to rely on pulling the pieces together myself which takes me ages.  SO long story short - while I PLAN on building some kits for the weekend, (1) we'll see if I actually do; and (2) if I do we'll see if I actually use them or so my usual "wing it".

ImageImageImage

ScrappyDistractions
Cherry Bing

janannemd wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:05 am
Printing some photos!

Yup - that's where I started.  And then I ran out of printer ink, got more only to be told off by my printer that the sheap non-brand I bought wasn;t compatible.  So new expensive ink cartridges on order.  THEN I ran out of photo paper.  Thank goodness I have another 2 weeks (+/-)!

ImageImageImage

Mommyof5
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 186

Post by Mommyof5 »

I have ordered enough from ACOT this past year that I haven't even had time to touch yet...I think I have kits already preassembled and still in the shipping boxes!! :greenlol:
 Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty
 Image  Image   Image

LoreenC
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 1286

Post by LoreenC »

I don’t remember knowing what so many things that we are going to do was posted before, or I missed it !, So I am going to Look at the schedule and get some things together as for theme or photos etc! I have photos from amazon coming in 2 days, Yay! And I just git a Big pack of ATG tape ! 
ImageImageImageImageImage
karen c.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1164

Post by karen c. »

No kits but ordered adhesive and I am printing photos.
ImageImageImage          ImageImage
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2881

Post by shoorn »

Not kits per se but will get together papers and embellies of the same theme - baby boy, girl, summer and maybe some specialty kits where I match different manufacturers by colors. 
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3731

Post by blbabe1234 »

I don't normally make kits unless I scrap elsewhere. But I'll be home with access to everything! I just make sure I have plenty of cardstock, ink, photos and other basics 
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 537

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

I'm DEFINITELY into making kits these days; it's a GREAT timesaver for when I want to scrap. Also, kits often tend to provide a jumping off point for designing a LO.
Karyn_Sue
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 746

Post by Karyn_Sue »

I'm definitely making Kits!  I have a bunch made already and I am working on more. I go to lots of crops and now I find that it is second nature to make kits when I come up with an idea for a page that I amy not be able to get to right away.
“The next best thing to the enjoyment of a good time, is the recollection of it.” — James Lendall Basford

ImageImageImageImageImage
Elysandrra
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 92

Post by Elysandrra »

I am making kits too! I am going to be traveling for the crop so I have to be smart with my supplies and keep them to the minimum! I’m really grateful for the schedule being posted and all the hints because it give me clues on what to bring!

I’m also going to do my Week in the Life project for the week we’re traveling, so all of the journaling elements are coming with me! I think thats a great place to start making kits since I can do background pages to fit into my project and print the photos when I get home. And the colors for this year’s kit are my favorites- hot and bright!
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1379

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I just received my latest ACOT order that has all the supplies I bought for the Breast Cancer Walkathon we did in 2019. I'm going to add some stash stuff to that and work on those pictures. I also bought ALL THE THINGS from the latest Simple Stories school line, so I'll see what stash stuff I can add to that too. I also have old kits that I've made previously still bagged up and handy. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “NSD Online Crop 2021”