Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

An NSD nightmare...
Have you ever had this nightmare?

It’s the night before the NSD festivities start and your dog (or cat) eats all your adhesive. All your tape, all your glue, all your paste, all your glue dots ... gone.  Your beloved pet throws up all over the inside of your car. Luckily your pet is fine, but you have no adhesive and you can’t go to  the store because of the mess in your car. And you can’t get adhesive delivered because all the deliveries people took the week off to work on their own NSD challenges. You have all your photos printed, all your favorite paper collections, and fabulous embellishments - but no adhesive. 

or perhaps you had this nightmare...

it’s the night before the NSD festivities start and your husband (or housemate, child, grandchild) uses up all your adhesive on a work (or school) project. All your tape, all your glue, all your paste, all your glue dots ... gone. And then he took the project away in the car so you can’t go to the store to buy more adhesive. And all the delivery people are taking the week off so you can’t order more. You’ve made page kits with photos, embellishments, papers, even matched up the inks, but no adhesive. 

so, the question is 
What are you going to use to hold your pages together?

(there may be sprinkles so start brainstorming now)
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

SiriF

Cherry Blossom

Re: An NSD nightmare...
Gum or acrylic paint. I also have a 10 years old tub of wallpaper glue stashed somewhere. That would probably work, right?

I am in the middle of a true iNSD nightmare at the moment myself. I have a really old Mac, and it was working fine, but slow. I had issues with my laser printer, and my brother downloaded new drivers for it using his new laptop. I hooked it up to my Mac, and now any program I try to print from stops responding as soon as I try to open the printer dialogue box. If I can’t get this fixed, I won’t be able to print photos at all for iNSD! I just spent a lot of money buying ink and photo paper for my photo printer (it’s not wireless so I have to use my Mac to print), so I can’t afford getting photos printed 😭😬😖

I’ll be trying to fix it tomorrow, wish me luck!

wendycrowe

Cherry Bing

I think I would start with paperclips, maybe staples.  But then I would start to worry about those leaving marks.  I would probably switch over to the kids icky glue sticks, which will only hold for about 6 minutes.  As a last resort, I would sneak into the garage when hubby wasn't looking to borrow some of his gorilla glue.  Hey, if it can be used as hairspray, it should be able to hold some papers together!

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

The gorilla glue, wallpaper glue, and kids glue sticks are also gone. There is no adhesive anywhere in the house.
Louise

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

disneydarling wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:18 pm
I think I would start with paperclips, maybe staples.  But then I would start to worry about those leaving marks.  I would probably switch over to the kids icky glue sticks, which will only hold for about 6 minutes.  As a last resort, I would sneak into the garage when hubby wasn't looking to borrow some of his gorilla glue.  Hey, if it can be used as hairspray, it should be able to hold some papers together!

Paper clips and staples would work.
Louise

SiriF

Cherry Blossom

I’m wondering what my targeted ads will look like tomorrow. I just googled homemade glue 😂

After serious consideration, I’m making my own glue using corn starch, corn syrup, white vinegar and water. According to google it won’t bubble or ripple my papers. It’s not acid free though, but I don’t have any photos anyways, so that doesn’t really matter!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I'd go with staples or maybe even tie it together with ribbon or twine.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

make glue out of flour... 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

When I was young, we used to make adhesive from flour and a tiny bit of water.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

lissahope26

Cherry Garcia

Fold stickers like tape and use them as tape. Washi works like tape also. This stuff also works like glue
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Just to be clear, your pet also ate the ingredients to make your own glue and everything resembling those glossy accents.
Louise

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

Hmmmm.....staples, washi tape, ???
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:41 am
Hmmmm.....staples, washi tape, ???

great ideas.
Louise

lissahope26

Cherry Garcia

Did they eat all the mixed media too?  Modge Podge?  gesso?  Paint?  acrylic matte?  pastes?  Those all work like glue too.

Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

traveler

Chocolate Covered Cherry

lissahope26 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:07 am
Did they eat all the mixed media too?  Modge Podge?  gesso?  Paint?  acrylic matte?  pastes?  Those all work like glue too.

If it's decorative and things happen to stick to it, then they did not eat it. So, you still have your pretty colors of paint. 
If it is just mod podge being used as glue, then it was eaten with the rest of the adhesive. 
Louise

SiriF

Cherry Blossom

trainmom wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:47 am
Just to be clear, your pet also ate the ingredients to make your own glue and everything resembling those glossy accents.

Oh no! That would mean I wouldn’t be scrapbooking at all, I would be at the vet with my dog. (She’s on a very restricted diet, and gets extremely sick if she eats anything else). 

I do have a tub of Embossing paste that dries translucent, it’s really mat and textured, but it might work. Some kind of fancy origami folding could maybe also be a way to tuck in photos and embellishments?

Renee

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Maybe some bubble gum!! haha
ImageNah, actually, that would probably make me dig out my sewing machine and give that technique a try.  :greenwinkb:

mrozwood

Cherry Bing

I'd use a lot of brads, washi and staples.

I don't know if Nuvo or Stickles would work, so that would be an extreme back up plan...
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.

mrozwood

Cherry Bing

Duplicate post. Please ignore.
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.

ScrappyDistractions

Cherry Bing

sfjortoft wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:11 pm
Gum or acrylic paint. I also have a 10 years old tub of wallpaper glue stashed somewhere. That would probably work, right?

I am in the middle of a true iNSD nightmare at the moment myself. I have a really old Mac, and it was working fine, but slow. I had issues with my laser printer, and my brother downloaded new drivers for it using his new laptop. I hooked it up to my Mac, and now any program I try to print from stops responding as soon as I try to open the printer dialogue box. If I can’t get this fixed, I won’t be able to print photos at all for iNSD! I just spent a lot of money buying ink and photo paper for my photo printer (it’s not wireless so I have to use my Mac to print), so I can’t afford getting photos printed 😭😬😖

I’ll be trying to fix it tomorrow, wish me luck!

OH MY!!!  Good luck!  Worse comes to worse - just leave blank spots for the photos 
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

ImageImageImage

Return to “NSD Online Crop 2021”

Information