Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

MMC - July 1 -Gallery Search
For this week's MMC, here is a gallery search...your own gallery!   Bring me back layouts for the following list and be sure to link them, so people can leave some love!  (There will probably be a random winner drawn for a prize goody, just sayin'.  ;)  )

1.  A layout of yours that is your oldest layout (first one in the gallery)

2.  A layout of yours that you would like to re-do, but probably won't (what don't you like about it?)

3.  A layout of yours that is the most recent one you've done

4.  A layout of yours where you tried something new/adventurous (how do you think it turned out and would you do it again?)

5.  A layout of yours that is 100% your idea/design

6.  A layout of yours that is your favorite scraplift

7.  A layout of yours in a color scheme that you rarely use

8.  A layout of yours in your favorite color scheme

9.  A layout of yours that is All About You!

10.  A layout of yours from the best vacation you have ever had  (if it isn't obvious, where did you go, and why did you love it?)
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Re: MMC - July 1 -Gallery Search
Love this Laura. Saving my spot.

My dd expecting Maddie, posted September 7, 2008.

2.  A layout of yours that you would like to re-do, but probably won't (what don't you like about it?)

This part of a two pager. I'm not happy with the very busy background. I should have blocked more of it off.

Just posted this one on July 1st

4.  A layout of yours where you tried something new/adventurous (how do you think it turned out and would you do it again?)

I cut a piece of white cardstock in the shape of a hill and covered it with swirls of texture paste, then on top of that I used a paw prints stencil with the texture paste to make it look like doggie paw prints in the snow. I think it turned out great other than the large amount of texture paste that I used made the whole bottom of my layout curl. I would do something like this again but go easier on the amount of texture paste that I use, or prime with gesso first.

Well basically all of mine are my own design as I don't use sketches and very rarely scraplift. It must be the graphic designer in me since I did a lot of page layout. I love doing my own page designs, but it makes me a very slow scrapper lol. I had a good time with this one because I loved setting up the four different seasons and then embellishing each one differently for each particular season.

I scraplifted a particular layout by Susan (suewho372) because I loved her incredible banner. I had so much fun making a banner of my own.

Susan's layout: 

I'm not really one for green, and especially green with brown. It seemed like such a dull color combination to me. But I did this layout using the Olive Garden logo colors for inspiration and I surprisingly loved how it came out.

I really do love teals/blues with violets/purples. I notice I have quite a few layouts in my gallery with that color scheme.

This one is about my birthday being on Back to the Future Day.

10.  A layout of yours from the best vacation you have ever had  (if it isn't obvious, where did you go, and why did you love it?)

When we were younger dh and I did do some traveling, but now we are real homebodies and don't care to go away too much. But back in 2011 my nephew and niece got married out in Montauk (the very end of Long Island that faces right out into the ocean) and we went a few days earlier than the wedding. We rented a cottage and had little Maddie with us, and we enjoyed going to the beach with dd and Maddie, as it was Maddie's first time at the beach. I just love this photo of dh and Maddie walking to the beach in front of me.

ImageImage Image Image  

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Saving my spot

JAire

Cherry Bomb

I have too much going on. It's too busy.
My 'something different' is that I traced inside the stencil with gel pens. That I would try again, maybe, gave an interesting background. However, this page doesn't make me happy because my attempt at spatters didn't work well and I the dies aren't good here.
I rarely use such plain/pale colors.
This one has all my favorites: aqua (or any blue), coral/peach, yellow.

Haven't gone on a vacation since posting here, so here is a page that I scraped with older photos from a little trip to Hollywood Beach. I do love the beach.
Joyce Ann
ImageImageImageImageImage

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Love this :)  Here I go:

Image March, 2004

Image It's not that I dislike anything other than there is no journaling.  It is really simple, lol

Image Loved doing the mixed media this way. Loved how it turned out and will definitely do it again.  Did I say I love it?
Image I had to go way back as all of my layouts after 2005 are inspired by something or someone with all the great ideas out there :) 

ImageImage Total lift of Brandy and I love how it turned out!

Image After I did this, I will definitely use this orange/blue combo again ;)

Image This is the only layout I have where we went somewhere I have scrapped.  We took Jeremie's girls to my Mom's cabin and had a fantastic time.  Love getting together with family :) 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

Christi S.

Cherry Bing

Link to Layout
link to layout
I'd like to redo this one because it's so messy, even though I was trying to emulate what my coworkers and students had done to my office..

Link to Layout
link to layout
This isn't a good example of my style but I did it to fulfill a challenge.  I sprayed metallic ink on a doily and used a feather.  Even the way I positioned the elements was "adventurous".
My favorite part are the candy canes made out of baker's twine.  I made the paper piecing from a coloring book. Link to Layout
Link to Layout
Link to Layout

I like bright, bright colors.  Link to Layout

Link to Layout
Link to Layout
We literally traveled around the world when I was 4-5.  We went to Tahiti and Fiji, lived a year in New Zealand and came home by way of Australia, Madagascar, and several countries in Africa.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

sherelm wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:26 am
Saving my spot

1. A layout of yours that is your oldest layout (first one in the gallery)

2. A layout of yours that you would like to re-do, but probably won't (what don't you like about it?)

3. A layout of yours that is the most recent one you've done

4. A layout of yours where you tried something new/adventurous (how do you think it turned out and would you do it again?)

5. A layout of yours that is 100% your idea/design

6. A layout of yours that is your favorite scraplift

7. A layout of yours in a color scheme that you rarely use

8. A layout of yours in your favorite color scheme

9. A layout of yours that is All About You!

10. A layout of yours from the best vacation you have ever had (if it isn't obvious, where did you go, and why did you love it?)

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Oh how fun! I can't believe my first layout here was uploaded in October 2011!!!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

lewisbaby

Sweet Cherry Pie

1.  A layout of yours that is your oldest layout (first one in the gallery) - from August 12, 2007. Wow

2.  A layout of yours that you would like to re-do, but probably won't (what don't you like about it?) - I'd like to redo this one because I was a terrible stamper. lol

3.  A layout of yours that is the most recent one you've done - from June 13, 2019

4.  A layout of yours where you tried something new/adventurous (how do you think it turned out and would you do it again?) - I used Nuvo drops and spread them around with a credit card, something I learned from Rita Barakat. I think it turned out pretty cute!

6.  A layout of yours that is your favorite scraplift - I can't remember who I lifted.

7.  A layout of yours in a color scheme that you rarely use - I don't think I use orange very often.

8.  A layout of yours in your favorite color scheme - I love using black and white with bright colors like pink or red.

9.  A layout of yours that is All About You! - This is about as close I get to a page about me.

10.  A layout of yours from the best vacation you have ever had  (if it isn't obvious, where did you go, and why did you love it?) - This is from my kids' first trip to the beach. We went to Galveston, Texas. I loved that they were able to see the ocean for the first time. :)

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... 8-snow-day

I think the layout is too cluttered...just did too much. Love the photo.
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/197023
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... a%27s-arms

This was one of the first times that I used mixed media on a digital layout. I think it turned out well. I would do it again.
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... r-sunshine

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... 7n-stop-me

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... bout-a-boy

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... 44579-love

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... -baby-girl

https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... fully-made

We went on a family trip to Daytona, Florida. It was by no means my dream trip but I loved it. It had been years since I was physically able to take my boys on a vacation and drive a long distance. 
https://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/us ... -road-trip
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Figured I would share mine, but still leave you all with a clean copy. ;)

My oldest layout was posted on Aug. 1, 2003!  Called Cold Night, Warm Smiles, but for some reason the photo has disappeared. Hmmm....  Anyway, this one is soon after that.  Note my CM scrapbook training. ;)

When I did this layout of my dh and my goddaughter, I didn't know we would be unable to have children.  These photos are very precious to me, and I wish I had done a more special layout design/embellishments, etc.  But, since they were actually film photos, I will probably never go back and re-do them, because it would me scanning and printing each one. :)

For this layout, "cutting" the photos into the curved shapes of the template was just as difficult with digi as it would be in actual paper (although I didn't have to worry about ruining the photos ;) ).  I love how it turned out and I would probably do it again, though it took forever.  lol

I tend to use a lot of sketches!  Nothing wrong with that, just hard to find one that I didn't use a sketch to create. ;)  I always struggle with what to do with one large photo and I like how this turned out!

I love everything about this one, from the layering, to the neutral colors that let my precious Paisley photo pop. :)  It was a scraplift from a Pinterest layout.

As I said when I posted the challenge to use orange and grey, I had never thought of that color scheme and I rarely use orange, if I can help it, but I love it!

ImageImage
Blues and greens with neutrals are probably my favorite color scheme to use, at least by looking at my layouts. ;)

I don't do a ton of layouts about myself. This one was for a challenge, and I do love how it turned out...was the beginning of me starting to go digi, as all the journaling was designed with fonts and printed.

Our trip to Germany/Austria in 2011, was a once in a lifetime trip. Although we have been to Europe before, this one was special. We celebrated our 21st anniversary and picked up dh's BMW and drove it around Germany before it was sent back to the States. :)
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

VickiR

Cherry Jubilee

I don't have a lot of time for crafting right now, but did have some free time to play along with this.    My LO gallery is slacking, so I hope to be able to upload more soon.

1.  A LO of yours that is your oldest LO. (first one in the gallery)

2.  A LO of yours that you would like to re-do, but probably won't.  (What don't you like about it?)
Same LO...I think I would add a little sparkle to the page.

3.  A LO of yours that is the most recent one you've done. 

4.  A LO of yours where you tried something new/adventurous.  (How do you think it turned out and would you do it again?)

5.  A LO of yours that is 100% your idea /design.  I typically use my own design unless I am participating in a challenge  of some sort.

6.  A LO of yours that is your favorite scraplift.

7.  A LO of yours in a color scheme that you rarely use.  I rarely use darker colors, especially gray and black tones, but I love how this turned out!

8.  A LO of yours in your favorite color scheme.

9.  A LO of yours that is all about you.

10.  A LO of yours from the best vacation you ever had.  (If it isn't obvious, where did you go and why did you love it?)

ImageImage

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Here is my spot:
ImageImage  This little boy is now SEVENTEEN and a senior in high school!!
Image  I don't like the overall composition of it. He's looking off the page, etc. 

Image I used a lot of mixed media to add to the drooly feel of the layout. I like how it turned out. 

Image I like to use a lot of photos and block patterns
ImageWe stayed in the Florida keys and it was awesome. We went to the Hemingway House, went shopping, cruised on my BIL's yacht, went to the sea turtle hospital and dolphin rescue. Just a nice place to be. 

Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee