We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

July 2016 Pet Challenge
Pet Challenge – July 2016
“A little birdie told me”. . . that “a dog is a man’s best friend”.  I’m not sure, but a “Leopard cannot change his spots.”
Well I’m telling you (not the little birdie) that “Your best friend” this month is going to be a quote/saying.
You can use ANY photos you like – no animals necessary – but I will give you an extra entry if there are animal(s) in your photo(s) – but you must use a saying about animals.    You can google “Animal Sayings” and you’ll find a lot of them.  Make this influence or be your TITLE this month. 
Here’s a link to get you started. . . http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/animal-phrases.html
I’m sure your layout will make us as “happy as a clam”!! 
And for those of you that “flock like a moth to a flame” where sketches are concerned – here’s this month’s sketch – use it or not – your choice as always.  I love the layering and the two different orientations of the photos.

And I’ll pull a name for a $5 ACOT gift card after this closes at 11:59 July 31st.  Because after all, “no one looks a gift horse in the mouth”. 

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: July 2016 Pet Challenge
OH this sounds like fun!! Image
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ImageImageImageImage
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Sher this is a great challenge and your use of phrases in your description is AWESOME!!

ImageImage Image Image  

Sara Scraps

Cherry Bing

Love this!

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Really sounds FUN, Sher! Image
Image Image ImageImage

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

LOL....how do you THINK of such things!  Too funny, still laughing!  Will be a fun challenge to complete, for sure!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

Awesome Challenge! I was busting up going through that list reading some to my parents asking if they've ever them!! Gonna have fun with this and definitely love that sketch! Its gorgeous!
~ Carissa ~

Christi S.

Cherry Bing

Awesome challenge!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Here's one for me using some of my favorite shots of my son and our puppies.  I used a couple of quotes and combined with BF sketch
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

keatonsgtgram

Sweet Cherry Pie

Quote abt animals, sketch
Bonus photo of animal
Sketch too
Did all Image

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

Here's my page!  I used the animal phrase "Birds Eye View", which was a perfect title for my daughter's hike up a very high peak in CA.  I used some birds for the word 'birds' in the title!
I have no pets, so none in my photos.

I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

keatonsgtgram wrote:   Quote abt animals, sketch
Bonus photo of animal
Sketch too
Did all Image

Oh wow, you sure did!!!  Great job!  I feel like your dog on the left today- just want to sink into a comfy position instead of working.  LOL  Thanks for doing the challenge! 

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

1scrappymom wrote:Here's one for me using some of my favorite shots of my son and our puppies.  I used a couple of quotes and combined with BF sketch

LOVE your layout! the paper is stunning, and the way you played on the challenge is wonderful!! THanks for playing along! 

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Yankeegirl wrote:Here's my page!  I used the animal phrase "Birds Eye View", which was a perfect title for my daughter's hike up a very high peak in CA.  I used some birds for the word 'birds' in the title!
I have no pets, so none in my photos.

I'm loving the birds on the curved arrow - I have so many ducks/geese photos from living on the lake that I am definitely stealing that idea!  And what a great idea for the quote!  Love it - all of it!!!  Thanks for playing along! 

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

Here is my layout Sher. I used your sketch and my saying Dog Days of Summer. All 5 of my furbabies. This is what they think of Hot, Humid July Summer Days!!!

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

SherrieLynne wrote:Here is my layout Sher. I used your sketch and my saying Dog Days of Summer. All 5 of my furbabies. This is what they think of Hot, Humid July Summer Days!!!
What a happy layout, even if they are lying down on the job! Layouts like this are why I love hosting this challenge,  thanks for joining in.

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

I did the title of "MOUSIN' AROUND'! I also combined this with the Disney Challenge! Hopefully my Disney Characters still count as using 'Animals' in the twist of this challenge ;)

~ Carissa ~

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

DolphinSoul wrote:I did the title of "MOUSIN' AROUND'! I also combined this with the Disney Challenge! Hopefully my Disney Characters still count as using 'Animals' in the twist of this challenge ;)

Of course they count!!  Mickey Mouse is a Mouse, Donald Duck is a Duck, Goofy is a dog, Pluto is a dog. . . etc. . . . .  lol
I love how well you placed the four different orientation photos on the page, it works well with the vertical and horizontal to the title!! Thanks for doing the challenge! 

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

Of course they count!!  Mickey Mouse is a Mouse, Donald Duck is a Duck, Goofy is a dog, Pluto is a dog. . . etc. . . . .  lol
I love how well you placed the four different orientation photos on the page, it works well with the vertical and horizontal to the title!! Thanks for doing the challenge! 
Aww thank you So Much! Funny thing is..this is the fastest layout I've put together! I am having vision issues and the color yellow, esp patterns really causes me to get blurry vision and feel very sea sick (don't worry going in for more test to find out why)...but I LOVED that paper with those pictures...so I kept covering it up, placing, covering up, then begged my dad to come in and do the title work b/c I couldn't look at the pages. Found some simple stickers and threw them on!! I was shocked how well it turned out!! lmao 
~ Carissa ~

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee