Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

stateless

Cherry Garcia

March 2016 Make a Mess Challenge - winners!!
Sorry to be a few days late, but here are the winners for the challenge!!
- $5 gc - Krystle!!
- RAK from my stash - keatonsgtgram!! PM me your address, so I can send it out.
Thanks to all for participating! I'll get a new challenge up soon.

Hi all!  After a crazy few months full of illness, unexpected gall bladder surgery and other fun, I am now back in the scrapping groove... so it's time for a challenge!  I got some cool things for Christmas (watercolor pencils, gelatos, brush markers and other assorted goodies), and I finally have time to start using them. 

For this layout, I used a heart stencil and modeling paste on the background. I then used watercolor pencils to paint over the hearts - it was my first time using them, and I really like how it turned out!

For this challenge, I want you to get messy to create a background. Use paints, inks, mists, whatever you want!  Here's the fine print:
  • Cannot be combined with other challenges.
  • You can enter up to three times, but there is a twist!  Each time you enter, you must use a different item to create your background. (For example, watercolors the first time, spray inks the second, and gelatos the third.) Please state what you used for each.
  • Can be a layout or card.  Digi gals can enter too by creating a background with anything that has a messy look (brushes that look like paint splotches, for example).
  • Post your layout/card to this thread and/or in the gallery I'll create by March 31.
At the end of the month, I'll draw a winner to receive a $5 ACOT gift certificate. If I get more than 20 entries, I'll draw another name for a RAK from my stash.  Have fun!

Participants:
1) blbabe1234/Brandy
2) Berta R.
3) oceanbreezes423/Susan
4) HeatherS1974
5) MelissaS
6) jcsmaestra/Mary
7) joannie
8) keatonsgtgram
9) robkaynel
10) Retiree3/Donna
11) Meli
12) MelissaS #2
13) Deanna13/Deanna
14) ScrappyDistractions/Lisa
15) Yankeegirl/Kathy
16) KrazSparkle/Kristi
17) emmapaige/Chris
18) scrapy1967/Janet
19) HeatherS1974 #2
20) Sara M.
21) scrapy1967/Janet #2
22) ScrappyDistractions/Lisa #2
23) Krystle
24) meterr70/Terri
25) Scrap Bug/Melissa
26) emmapaige/Chris #2
27) Sandi0805
28) scrappininAK/Heather
29) KrazSparkle/Kristi #2
30) average_kim/Kim
31) Tammey
32) HeatherS1974 #2
33) Anne K.

- Valerie/stateless

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: March 2016 Make a Mess Challenge
This sounds really FUN, Valerie! I have some mixed media products I haven't used yet. Thanks for the challenge! Image
Image Image ImageImage

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Here is a perfect opportunity to use those stencils I had to have!! Image thanks!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

57Diana

Cherry Bomb

I'm not usually a messy scrapper, but I may give this one a try!!!!
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

beachlover

Cherry Addict

oh what a great challenge!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Yankeegirl

Cherry Cola

So sorry to hear of all your crazy times, Valerie.  And happy to hear you are ready to scrap again!  What a perfect challenge for me, as I am taking a month-long mixed media class this month that started today!  I have some of every different mixed media product, yet I rarely use them because I hate getting messy!  So I am going to MAKE myself do this!  Thank you!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Super fun challenge!!  Can't wait to check out some of my messy supplies!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Fabulous challenge! I LOVE getting messy! Been doing that more and more lately! Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Sorry you've been sick, and glad you're better now!  Thanks for this fun challenge!  It will push me to use some items that have just been waiting!
Kim

Image Image  

Berta R.

Cherry Bing

Ooooo, this sounds fun!  I haven't played with messy stuff in a while.  Bet my grandson would like to help with this one...LOL!!  Image
***Berta***

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

great challenge Valerie - love your page - getting my gall bladder removed worked out so well for me - no more agonizing pain - hope you heal up fast
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

What a great challenge! I love it! And you page is just beautiful!!

ImageImage Image Image  

Scrap Bug

Cherry Bomb

I know I have messy things in my stash - now if I can just get myself to get my layout/card messy.  I'm going to try!
Melissa

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Here's mine:

Used the packaging technique with my gelatos. Used various little stamps and splatters
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Berta R.

Cherry Bing

Here's what I did using water color pencils and ink.

***Berta***

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I can't wait to give this a try!! Love your layout.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Here is my entry. I chose spray mist, for the twister's that I stenciled, inked my bricks, and a gel pen for the stitching.\

ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

HeatherS1974

Cherry Blossom

MelissaS

Cherry Blossom

Hello!  Valerie, I'm glad you're feeling better - that's a lot to go through!  Here's my entry.  I used watercolors and the packaging technique.  I tried Gelatos but didn't get the coverage I wanted.  I've got lots to learn!

Thanks for the challenge!  Looking forward to seeing everyone's entry!

MelissaS

Cherry Blossom

stateless wrote:Hi all!  After a crazy few months full of illness, unexpected gall bladder surgery and other fun, I am now back in the scrapping groove... so it's time for a challenge!  I got some cool things for Christmas (watercolor pencils, gelatos, brush markers and other assorted goodies), and I finally have time to start using them. 

For this layout, I used a heart stencil and modeling paste on the background. I then used watercolor pencils to paint over the hearts - it was my first time using them, and I really like how it turned out!

For this challenge, I want you to get messy to create a background. Use paints, inks, mists, whatever you want!  Here's the fine print:
  • Cannot be combined with other challenges.
  • You can enter up to three times, but there is a twist!  Each time you enter, you must use a different item to create your background. (For example, watercolors the first time, spray inks the second, and gelatos the third.) Please state what you used for each.
  • Can be a layout or card.  Digi gals can enter too by creating a background with anything that has a messy look (brushes that look like paint splotches, for example).
  • Post your layout/card to this thread and/or in the gallery I'll create by March 31.
At the end of the month, I'll draw a winner to receive a $5 ACOT gift certificate. If I get more than 20 entries, I'll draw another name for a RAK from my stash.  Have fun!
Valerie, it turned out so great! I really love that color blue and love the gold mixed in there!  Terrific!  This is a great challenge I really wanted to join in on!

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee