Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

pagal74

Cherry Blossom

Re: Do You Crochet?
Oh man, I don't crochet either.  I don't know which I would rather do, knit or crochet...I guess I should try to learn one of them, huh?

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Yes, I learned from our live in babysitter when I was in like 3rd grade. I usually make afghans. Back in the day when those crochet collars were super popular I made those.... That was a long time ago! Lol
speaking of crocheting- Oliver ( our 4 month old black lab) found my yarn and crochet basket in the garage. I had not thought anything about it, the other dogs never bother stuff. I had yarn strung out the dog door into the yard , and all through the garage into the kitchen and living room as well!!! Still looking for my hooks.... I am hoping o had them stored somewhere else! 
Susan

stephc

Cherry Blossom

No, I tried to learn but failed.

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

I knit but don't crochet but would like to learn.  Maybe after I retire???
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Somewhere in my mid 30's I taught myself to crochet, again from a how-to book from the dime store.  I find crochet easier to travel with.  I made a huge queen size afghan in waiting rooms at dr.s and hospitals when my mother had cancer.   Nowadays I make a lot of baby blankets and booties as it seems everyone is getting grandkids and even great grandkids and all want a home made baby blanket for their little ones.  
It is relaxing to crochet.  No worries if you mess up, just pull out a bit and redo in in about 3 minutes.  lol  

Christi S.

Cherry Bing

I want to learn!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

Yes I can crochet. My sister Linda taught me. I don't make mush since I started scrapbooking, but I've made several afghans and I made a fancy baby dress for my oldest dd. I think it was the pineapple stitch or a variation. It's been 26 years so I don't remember exactly.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

My friend got me a learn to crochet book for kids (my request for a birthday present!) last year.  I thought if it was for kids, it would be easy, right?  I can get the kinds of stitches, but got lost on the first few directions on the projects.  My DD#1 has a teacher that has talked about teaching us . . . so, we might get together with her this summer . . .
Kim

Image Image  

1scrappymom

Cherry Garcia

Re: Do You Crochet? points sprinkled
I used to crochet a lot.  I normally make afghans.  My adopted grandmother taught me when I was a kid.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

thank you  :)

funwithpaper

Cherry Blossom

A little bit. I prefer it to knitting.

CNMommy

Cherry Picker

No :( but my friends do so they make those type things for me and I make scrappy/altered things for them.
~Crystal

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

I don't sadly. But my Bff does. Hopefully she'll teach me soon, she's just starting.
- Jillian

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

I learned where I used to teach- I am left handed, and our nurse's aide also was left handed, so she taught me. I think I started with too ambitious of a project- I wanted to make doilies.  I made doilies....about a quarter in size! LOL

Olesya

Cherry Tart

yes, i learned early on and i still do from time to time. it's a great craft and I love making lacy tops, i even had a dress made once . No doilies, period!!!

kguercio

Cherry Bing

I would like to learn, not sure I could handle it though!
****Kelly****

eriksen123

Cherry Tart

I learned when I was about 8-9 yrs old.  But just started doing it again the last 5-7 years and I love it!

tweaker

Cherry Tart

No but would like to !  Lefty

ratgirl

Sweet Cherry Pie

I don't, but I'd love to learn how so I can make amigurumi. So cute!

xmashall2

Cherry Picker

A girlfriend taught me to crochet.  She had to crochet so much time before she could play.  So she taught me and we got out faster.  Her mother sold them at the factory she worked in.
I've taught one daughter to crochet.  The other is a leftie and for the life of me, I couldn't explain it enough.  A close friend took over and she does excellent work.
Growing up it was doilies and baby blankets and baby set.  Have been able to teach my granddaughters some but they are happy making a chain.  They would make long chains and then run all over the house like they had kites in their hand.  The youngest one has actually done some things on her own.  She's a lefty but learned right handed.  Potholders, little purses (her own design :).  Every one in a while she will make something.
June

Return to “NSD 2015”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee