Spring Challenge- April 2015 *Updated With Winners*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Sandi Pressley
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 77

Re: Spring Challenge- April 2015

Post by Sandi Pressley »

Here is another entry for the April challenge to use up my stash.  This Fancy Pants collection has been untouched in my drawer for over a year.  I am so glad I found it and used it....I had the perfect photos for this paper.  thanks for inspiring me.

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/use ... light-risk
Christi S.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1467

Post by Christi S. »

Here's mine:

The Suzy Zoo stickers are from like 2000 or so.  The dot paper is Chatterbox from 2002.  I am not sure either is in business anymore.

Christi S
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

karen c.
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1165

Post by karen c. »

I also combined with April Whats on Tv Challenge. I used Basic Grey Origins from 2009.
ImageImageImage          ImageImage
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1381

Post by scrappinmom99 »

I am loving this challenge! Everything on here is old. The main papers (all except the blue with white dots) are from Junkitz's Baby collection. They don't exist anymore and I miss them! Pompom yarn...have tons of it LOL! Felt brads that I've had forever. The Baby Power Fresh sticker is from Phrase Cafe, which I used to loooooooove!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1386

Post by Sara Scraps »

scrappinmom99 wrote:I am loving this challenge! Everything on here is old. The main papers (all except the blue with white dots) are from Junkitz's Baby collection. They don't exist anymore and I miss them! Pompom yarn...have tons of it LOL! Felt brads that I've had forever. The Baby Power Fresh sticker is from Phrase Cafe, which I used to loooooooove!

Cute page! So glad you are enjoying my challenge. Thanks for playing along.
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 446

Post by DN in MN »

Sara M. wrote:
1scrappymom wrote:LOVE this challenge!!  I have been trying to dip into my old stash for a while...it can certainly use some spring cleaning!!  As far as challenges...I would be good if we repeated this one every month! Image  I've seen this challenge (or one similar) called a "hoarder's challenge"...which basically forces you to use the stash you have been holding on to.  Thanks again for hosting challenges!!!  

Oh!...love the idea of a Hoarders Challenge! Maybe pick one old type of product or tool to focus on each month....I think I might host one for the summer...great suggestion!
YES!! Like Eyelets... Make me use my Crop a whatever it's called.. lol! 
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

DN in MN wrote:
Sara M. wrote:
1scrappymom wrote:LOVE this challenge!!  I have been trying to dip into my old stash for a while...it can certainly use some spring cleaning!!  As far as challenges...I would be good if we repeated this one every month! Image  I've seen this challenge (or one similar) called a "hoarder's challenge"...which basically forces you to use the stash you have been holding on to.  Thanks again for hosting challenges!!!  

Oh!...love the idea of a Hoarders Challenge! Maybe pick one old type of product or tool to focus on each month....I think I might host one for the summer...great suggestion!
hahaha! I know what you are talking about...I could never call it right either and Bibi used to laugh at me when I asked for the croc a dile, LOL!
Debbie

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1000

Post by blfonty »

Here's mine: Spring 1955 (using no new products). Supplies: Basic Grey "Origins" (2009) PP, alpha stickers and clip; Heidi Grace Ribbon (2007), Quickutz alpha and scallop border diecuts (Quickutz now owned by Lifestyle Crafts); EK Success circle punch; Tsukineko ink; Zig pen; and Studio Calico wood veneer camera (2011). 

Last edited by blfonty on Wed May 13, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2472

Post by joannie »

LOVE the idea of this challenge repeating!!!! I've had fun getting out my older stuff and playing with it!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Post by Sara Scraps »

DN in MN wrote:
Sara M. wrote:

LOL!!
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Post by Sara Scraps »

joannie wrote:LOVE the idea of this challenge repeating!!!! I've had fun getting out my older stuff and playing with it!!
I think I could come up with something...ImageImageImage Maybe our Summer Challenges can have a theme of sorts. 
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5472

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine using all older stash from Basic Grey and October Afternoon and Crate Chipboard Accents. Image

Photos of DD Michelle and her sweet kids having some snowy fun, December 2013. Image
Winter Snow
Image Image ImageImage
Christi S.
Cherry Bing

Post by Christi S. »

Here's a card by me - Me and My Big Ideas from 2009.

Thanks for looking.
Christi S
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015

Christi S.
Cherry Bing

Post by Christi S. »

I can't remember who makes these butterfly stickers but they are at least 5 years old.  The Debbie Mumm papers are older - probably at least 10 years old.

Thanks,
Christi S
~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015

Christi S.
Cherry Bing

Post by Christi S. »

Sara M. wrote:
joannie wrote:LOVE the idea of this challenge repeating!!!! I've had fun getting out my older stuff and playing with it!!
I think I could come up with something...ImageImageImage Maybe our Summer Challenges can have a theme of sorts. 

"Take a Vacation from Clutter!"    (Some ideas off the top of my head)
     June's challenge could be to use ( __ number of ) items that are tiny (no bigger than 1/2", for example):  brads, eyelets, tiny buttons, sequins, etc
     July could be to use ( __ number of ) items that are long (over 7" long, for example): ribbons, washi, borders, border punches, ric rac, etc
     August could be to use ( __ number of ) items that are leftovers: from a kit, sticker sheet, chipboard, etc.

Just a thought.  :)

Christi S

~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1058

Post by pawprints »

Thank you so much for this challenge! Way back I hoarded the whole Cloud 9 doggie line that I planned to use for pages of my Boomie. I even have the matching album for his book. But I had not done any pages for him using it yet! So this got me getting it all out… papers, rain dots, tab stickers, chips fabric tape… all of it!

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1058

Post by pawprints »

Another one from me! I've been going through all my old doggie stash. For this I used a really old paw print paper from ATD, plus papers and embellishments from Basic Grey's Max & Whiskers line. The alphas have also been around a while… K & Co Pet alpha and Basic Grey Curio alpha. This is such a great challenge because it is making me want to get in there and use this stuff I've had for so long!

Image Image Image

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

here's a page from me - hopefully it has enough old stuff on it - very old Teresa Collins papers, making memories papers, Maya Road chipboard and butterfly, Sassafras Lass and making memories and Colorbok sticker alphas, Crate Paper sticker.  New is the stamp and Jillibean soup sticker arrow
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Re: Spring Challenge- April 2015 *Updated With New Due Date*

Post by Sara Scraps »

btt
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2472

Post by joannie »

Christi_S wrote:
Sara M. wrote:

"Take a Vacation from Clutter!"    (Some ideas off the top of my head)
     June's challenge could be to use ( __ number of ) items that are tiny (no bigger than 1/2", for example):  brads, eyelets, tiny buttons, sequins, etc
     July could be to use ( __ number of ) items that are long (over 7" long, for example): ribbons, washi, borders, border punches, ric rac, etc
     August could be to use ( __ number of ) items that are leftovers: from a kit, sticker sheet, chipboard, etc.

Just a thought.  :)

Christi S

those are some great ideas Christi!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”