Spring Challenge- April 2015 *Updated With Winners*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2489

Re: Spring Challenge- April 2015

Post by emmapaige »

This was so much fun! I used Daisy D's (Background floral paper and title stickers), Rusty Pickle (wood grain paper), Chatterbox (polka dot paper), Jenni Bowlin (buttons, circle journal spot and ruler), and 7 Gypsies (Food sticker). I loved this challenge so much and since I'm trying to purge, purge, purge, I'd rather use, use, use! LOL!!

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

I need to remember to take my Nicki Sivlis home with me.  I have some SEI and Sassafras Lass, too.  ......and my oldest CM is nine years old and almost gone.

Great Challene and really need to do a layout for me!
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1386

Post by Sara Scraps »

killarney_rose wrote:I need to remember to take my Nicki Sivlis home with me.  I have some SEI and Sassafras Lass, too.  ......and my oldest CM is nine years old and almost gone.

Great Challene and really need to do a layout for me!

I have some Niki Sivlis too...I should pull it out, it was soo cute...the line with the little bees on it.
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1504

Post by Charleneanne »

oh dear. I only went through two pp  boxes (heritage and floral) and came up with paper going back to 2000.  There was paper from at least five out of business companies.  My cardstock sticker drawer yield about the same.  lol
Any challenge you post is fine but I must admit I do like recipe challenges. 
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Post by Sara Scraps »

Charleneanne wrote:oh dear. I only went through two pp  boxes (heritage and floral) and came up with paper going back to 2000.  There was paper from at least five out of business companies.  My cardstock sticker drawer yield about the same.  lol
Any challenge you post is fine but I must admit I do like recipe challenges. 

Thank you! I think Im going to combine them both together .....I have 2 really cute ideas for May and June .
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1058

Post by pawprints »

Fabulous challenge Sara! I have so much Cloud 9 and Heidi Grace! This will be great!!

I love your seasonal challenges, but anything you decide to do to mix things up is fine with me!

Image Image Image

Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Post by Sara Scraps »

pawprints wrote:Fabulous challenge Sara! I have so much Cloud 9 and Heidi Grace! This will be great!!

I love your seasonal challenges, but anything you decide to do to mix things up is fine with me!
I love how everyone keeps bringing up these old companies!! When my youngest was a baby...soo..7 years ago or so, I was crazy about Heidi Grace. I can still remember some of the AWESOME STUFF I had of hers. I've never took photos of those pages and posted them anywhere..I should snap some photos and post some "throwback" pages to the gallery.
emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2489

Post by emmapaige »

andysmom wrote:
pawprints wrote:Fabulous challenge Sara! I have so much Cloud 9 and Heidi Grace! This will be great!!

I love how everyone keeps bringing up these old companies!! When my youngest was a baby...soo..7 years ago or so, I was crazy about Heidi Grace. I can still remember some of the AWESOME STUFF I had of hers. I've never took photos of those pages and posted them anywhere..I should snap some photos and post some "throwback" pages to the gallery.
How fun would it be to have TBT on the ACOT gallery??
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Love this challenge - I still have quite a few sheets of these Rebecca Sower cutouts, they've been in my stash for at least 10 years - I managed to use an entire page of cutouts on this layout. Plus I used some rubons that are at least 7 years old, and some paper from my friend's stash ;-)

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Love love love this challenge!  Most of my stash now consists of OLD!  I always like to use OLD papers and mix new embellishments and techniques... but your "defunct manufacturer" clause really got me going!  When I first started buying up supplies, I was in love with Sassafrass Lass, but found it almost impossible to use, didn't want to cut it, it was so pretty as is, but way too busy to use!  So it gathered dust.  I also loved Daisy D's things, the sheets of stickers and die cuts and tags but they got forgotten when I got new stuff... 
I also loved LilyBee and bought a huge stack of  6x6 and recently they've gone too =(
so I pulled out all these things and challenged myself to use only these papers to make LO's for ALL of this month's challenges.
Thanks so much for the kick!!

and here is the 1st one I've done.
 Karrie

shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2888

Post by shoorn »

First, I have to thank you for encouraging me to look through my oldest supplies. So many times I pass over them. I have done several pages - but they were used in other challenges. This one is for just for this challenge.  Here is one for me - please note that my journaling is deliberately blurred. It is a private note to my DS.  This one uses Creative Memories (now gone) supplies mostly (pps and stickers) that I got over 6 years ago. The tag is HOTP - 7 years old.

Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Another spring cleaning LO! and a Rewind to your GD chll # 4 -outdoor springy activities. (these are from a few years ago now, this year we still have that nasty white stuff!)
The background, fussy cut papers and border are Sassafrass Lass, tags are Daisy D's, and I jazzed it up with relatively new Amy Tangerine foam title and washi tape.
PS I agree any challenge you come up with in the future is fine with me, they've all been great so far!
 Karrie

Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5470

Post by Retiree3 »

Here is my LO. Just about everything I used on this page is leftover scraps that I have had for a very long time.

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Post by Sara Scraps »

Retiree3 wrote:Here is my LO. Just about everything I used on this page is leftover scraps that I have had for a very long time.

Love all the pink with the little yellow accents. Thank you for doing my challenge!
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Here's my entry!  I used an older collection pack from K-I Memories called "Little Guy." I'm not sure how old it is, but it's well over a year old!!  I used patterned paper, rub-ons (I was surprised that they still worked as old as they are!), and letter stickers from that collection. Then I added some newer washi tape and enamel dots.

Kim

Image Image  
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2472

Post by joannie »

emmapaige wrote:
andysmom wrote:

I would love to see a TBT here!! fun idea!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Post by Sara Scraps »

joannie wrote:
emmapaige wrote:
I would love to see a TBT here!! fun idea!!

I love  this idea too... And I have an idea...keep your eyes peeled Wednesday night!

tracydacy
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 45

Post by tracydacy »

I used some old October Afternoon (Sasparilla and Sidewalks) to make this LO. Even the plain white cardstock has been in my stash a good two years or so.

Always Amy
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 15

Post by Always Amy »

I've been scrapping since 1993. Obsessed and hoarding since 2002. I think I can find some OLD stuff!!
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Post by Sara Scraps »

allamy wrote:I've been scrapping since 1993. Obsessed and hoarding since 2002. I think I can find some OLD stuff!!
Can't wait to see what you find!

Return to “Contests & Challenges”