Spring Challenge- April 2015 *Updated With Winners*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1386

Spring Challenge- April 2015 *Updated With Winners*

Post by Sara Scraps »

*BECAUSE WE HAVE SO MANY NEW CHERRIES ON THE BOARD AND ALL THE NSD FUN KEEPING US BUSY I HAVE DECIDED TO EXTEND THIS CHALLENGE TO MAY 15th SO THAT THOSE WHO ARE NEW HAVE A CHANCE TO PARTICIPATE*
THE WINNERS OF THE $5 GIFT CARDS ARE CHRISTI S. AND SCRAPSTEPH CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!

Hello cherries!Welcome to our Spring Challenge for April!Spring Cleaning ChallengeIt is that time of year again...open the doors to let in fresh air, clean the dusty blinds, go through the junk drawer.... So I challenge you this month to do some spring cleaning on your stash! Use the oldest things in your scrapbook area to create a project. At least 90% of your project needs to include OLD product. Pull out those Hot Of The Press paper pads, dust off the Cosmo Cricket and Creative Memories. I will give an extra entry to anyone who uses product from a now non-existant company. My layout uses some of my Creative Memories stash (Technically still exists but not at all in the way it did the first 10 years I scrapbooked and used their products almost exclusively)

I will randomly select TWO people this month to receive a $5 ACOT gift card instead of a RAK- so you can refresh your stash with new goodies after spring cleaning for this challenge!
*SINCE I HAVE DONE CHALLENGES FOR A YEAR NOW I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO CONTINUE WITH THE SEASONAL CHALLENGES OR MAYBE TRY SOMETHING ELSE...MAYBE A RECIPE CHALLENGE FOR EACH OF THE SUMMER MONTHS??? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS Thanks!*-
Challenge Rules-
Due May 15th 2015 
*layouts, cards, altered items, digital layouts, Project Life spread, all accepted
*Multiple entries allowed
* NO COMBINING this month please- let's use up our old products on lots of projects!*
I will starta gallery for this challenge ..as long as your layout is there, or linked up here I’ll count it.
HAVE FUN AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT KINDS OF OLD PRODUCTS/COMPANIES EVERYONE HAS LAYING AROUND!
Participating Cherries-
emmapaige-X2
koala1966-X2
sweetsour-X4
shoorn-X13
Retiree3
Average_Kim
tracydacy
  joannie- X2
Always Amy
Charleneanne-X2
scrapsteph
SherrieLynne
scrappinmom99-X4
butterfly843
Sandi Pressley-X2
Christi S.-X22
Karen C.
blfonty-X2
Deanna13-X2
Christi S.- X4
pawprints-X4
scrappininAK
1scrappymom-X2
MacSarah-X2 
kateW.-X2
Shutterbug-X2
CNMommy
blbabe1234-X2
hsblair-X6
scrapy1967-X2
beachlover
Sandi0805-X6

Last edited by Sara Scraps on Sat May 16, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 40 times in total.
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1381

Re: Spring Challenge- April 2015

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Oh this challenge speaks to me LOL!!! Hot off the Press LOL! I have so many old, now-defunct companies' supplies LOL! Does Provo Craft still exist? OH I know--- who remembers Scrap in a Snap (SIAS)....I attempted to be a consultant but it was really just to get the discount. Then they went out of business.

As for the challenges...I love the seasonal challenges you've been posting but recipe challenges are also fun. I guess I am no help here Image
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1381

Post by scrappinmom99 »

By the way, how old is considered "old" ?
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1754

Post by beachlover »

oh Sara, you had me at spring cleaning Image  this is an awesome challenge!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5472

Post by Deanna13 »

ooohhh....this is a GREAT challenge using our OLD STASH! I've been loving your seasonal challenges, Sara but whatever you come up with will be fine. Image
Image Image ImageImage
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Post by Sara Scraps »

scrappinmom99 wrote:By the way, how old is considered "old" ?

So that everyone that wants to participate can, I'll say at least a year old or more...but the older the better!
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

LOVE this challenge!!  I have been trying to dip into my old stash for a while...it can certainly use some spring cleaning!!  As far as challenges...I would be good if we repeated this one every month! Image  I've seen this challenge (or one similar) called a "hoarder's challenge"...which basically forces you to use the stash you have been holding on to.  Thanks again for hosting challenges!!!  
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Sara Scraps
Cherry Bing

Post by Sara Scraps »

1scrappymom wrote:LOVE this challenge!!  I have been trying to dip into my old stash for a while...it can certainly use some spring cleaning!!  As far as challenges...I would be good if we repeated this one every month! Image  I've seen this challenge (or one similar) called a "hoarder's challenge"...which basically forces you to use the stash you have been holding on to.  Thanks again for hosting challenges!!!  

Oh!...love the idea of a Hoarders Challenge! Maybe pick one old type of product or tool to focus on each month....I think I might host one for the summer...great suggestion!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3732

Post by blbabe1234 »

gorgeous layout and great challenge!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2888

Post by shoorn »

What a great idea - I have so much older stash!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2077

Post by MTCanuk »

I have really been trying to make an effort to dig into my old stash and get rid of it. 
There is so much fun new stuff out there I want to make room for. 
Thanks for doing this challenge.
Leslee
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Yankeegirl
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1533

Post by Yankeegirl »

As I said somewhere else, I am moving in 7 weeks, so this challenge is made for me!  I think it is time to purge some of those oldies, like Chatterbox, Scenic Route (I am truly hoarding this one), Rusty Pickle, Daisy D's, and I could go on and on!!!  Thanks for a push to purge!!!  And have fun at the same time! (Of course, I shouldn't be scrapping, but packing, huh?)!!
I like the season challenges, but you could throw in a recipe seasoning, too!  Either way is good for me!
I am running away from my responsibilities,
and it feels good!

Kathy

Image  Image  Image Image  Image      
ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

Just gave away some of my older stash!!Image
Guess I will have to dig a little deeper . . . .
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

I am so on this challenge. I bought my daughter a scrapbook in 1997 and she never used it so a while back she gave it to me. I couldn't believe the stickers and embellishments that I had bought for her. This will be a fun layout. Now just to find pictures.
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 330

Post by Flasher »

Boy I could do this . . . I still have some stuff from Scenic Route and Chatterbox!!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 938

Post by StacyLee »

Laura wrote:Boy I could do this . . . I still have some stuff from Scenic Route and Chatterbox!!
Oh, I MISS Scenic Route!!  They were one of my fave lines back in the day, along with Daisy D's! 
Stacy

ImageImageImage

joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2472

Post by joannie »

I still have a TON of Junkitz to use!! (among others)!!! Great challenge!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 938

Post by StacyLee »

Fantastic challenge, Sara!   I like the seasonal challenges, too.  I actually accomplish a fraction of the ones I want to attempt each month, but you always come up with great challenges.  I started putting together a Snap! recipe album and would like to add to it, so that idea appeals to me, too!
Stacy

ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2489

Post by emmapaige »

Oh my gosh...this couldn't happen at a better time.  I am reorganizing my scraproom (again) and have come across some really old collections that I almost tossed but couldn't bear to throw them in the trash can!  Thanks so much Sara!! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2489

Post by emmapaige »

And I love your seasonal challenges, too  I just wish I had more time to complete all the fabulous challenges everyone posts!  Image
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Return to “Contests & Challenges”