We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Party Planning Frustration
So, my daughter's birthday is next month.  Ever since she was in kindergarten, she has asked for a theme that is non-existent.  It's a video game character from the Kirby series.  So, I figured since she's turning 18, she's graduated and she's driving . . . I would finally surprise her with it this year.  Since there is no merchandise to buy, everything has to be home made.  I thought it would be easy, but did you know the color "coral" is different at every freaking store you go to?  It's more of a red at some party stores, and more of a pink at others, and more of an orange at others.  UGH!  I've decided to buy a mixture of each store's "coral" and mix them up with each other.  I think it will work.  I'm just frustrated by so many versions of "coral".  Thanks for listening to me whine!!

This is the little creature I'm trying to plan around:

OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Berta R.

Cherry Bing

Re: Party Planning Frustration
Oh, I remember that little guy!  Good luck with your party preparations.  I totally know what you mean about the color variations...aaarrrggg!! 
***Berta***

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Would you believe I'm actually making a piñata of him?

Yep.  I'm crazy.  Image
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

You may win Mother of the Year award.  :)  Can't wait to see photos!
Laura
 Image    Image         

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I've decided to use one of those big blow-up punching balls for his form.  I'm worried about his feet, though. Image

PurpleGoddess

Cherry Blossom

Try making the feet out of orange cardboard and glue them to the bottom.

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I'm sure it will be a wonderful party. A few years ago a friend wanted yellow and gray for her bridal shower and now of course I see it everywhere, but then was so tough I had to order a bunch of stuff online.

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Party planning always start out great for me then it takes a very ugly turn and I swear I will never do it again. I always plan to take photos of my scrappy creations and of the party itself, but by the time the actual party arrives I'm in a bad mood and don't even pick up my camera. I'm over it by the time everyone arrives, lol Image

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

Laura...she will absolutely LOVE whatever you put together for her. This is SO sweet!!!!!!!! ImageImageImage
SUS ImageImageImage

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

OMG!!!  Mother of the Year definitely in order!  I know she will absolutely love all of your hard work and creativity!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee