Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

Do you ever wish?
After you finish a layout, do you ever wish you'd used a different background color?
I'm so tempted to pull this all up and stick it down on a different color.
I bought the gray cardstock because it went with the paper pad, but I don't think I used any of the sheets that had gray in them. I'm just not loving that background.Image
What color would you have used?
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Do you ever wish?
I think it looks fine...but pink would've worked also  :)

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Your layout looks fine, but to answer your question, YES! Thats why I tell DH I need paper all the time, each picture has the perfect paper, I just need to find it, lol. 
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

CNMommy

Cherry Picker

I actually just tore it all up on another layout. I was experimenting with messy stuff so it was easy enough to cut out the good parts and repaste it. I like the gray, but maybe a white/cream would have more impact if that is what you are going with?
~Crystal

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I like the gray - it allows all the other little hexagons to be showcased as well as the photo!

THAT being said - I'm so VERY sick of hexagons!!!  I only half liked the initially, but now, I'm feeling like I could do a book with just the layouts I used hexagons on.  I'm ready for something different, really. . . . (Which is probably why I stitched these hexagons for this "yet another" hexagon layout. . . . )

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

Adorable layout, but yeah the gray is a tad on the darker side, but I figured maybe the scanner shadowed it.

I'm the same as you though the background paper has to work. I can go right to the gallery and find you the layouts that I want to re-do just b/c of the background. I will go through my entire stash and be like 'nope none of these papers work, need to run to the store for that one paper!"
~ Carissa ~

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

Yes!  In fact, I have a similar issue for the layout I made for this challenge as well.  I used a denim patterened paper which I LOVE with other papers in the same collection and it just feels a little drab. It's crazy because I really love all the patterns but not together.  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

I love your layout as is.

But yes, I usually go back and have second (or third) thoughts about the colors or papers I have used.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

I like the grey also, it makes everything else bright. But I know how you feel,  I change my mind on background and accent papers so often that I I've learned not to stick anything down until I am happy with the end result.
 Karrie

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

It's happened to me before and I'm too lazy to fix it so I just put the layout next to a better page in my album. This way everyone's eyes are drawn to both layouts and photos without focusing on my background.

I like your layout and wouldn't change it. I think we are our own worse critics.

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I am like Sher, I love the gray!  All of the elements POP!  My first impression before I read anything was 'Oh WOW!'

I invariably on my layouts at some point use permanent adhesive so if I feel like you do right now I get this feeling of, 'Just go with it, chalk it up as lesson learned.' 

Honestly I love the layout!

xmashall2

Cherry Picker

I like the gray.  Leaves your attention on the important things on the page. 

NJohnson

Cherry Blossom

I don't mind the gray but might have went with a taupe or mocha brown instead. Love the layout though!

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I'm not alone in finishing a page and wishing I'd done something different.
And thank you for the suggestions.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I like it too.  The background allows me to look at the baby.
Bibi

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee