Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

APRIL CHERRYLAND CHALLENGE - EDITED WITH WINNER
And the winner is MILDRED!!

Story of the Two Princesses of Cherry Land

Once upon a time there were two princesses that lived in a faraway land – Cherry Land. One princess – Princess Maraschino– was very dutiful to the laws of Cherry Land, and heeded all warnings given by her subjects and court. The other Princess, Princess SourCherry wasn’t evil, but more spiteful, and always did things a bit unconventional.

Cherry Blossom Time in Cherryland of course brings many visitors from even far away lands.  The trees are bursting with pink blossoms, and the smell reminds everyone spring has arrived. 
The two princesses awake each morning with the sun shining and the aroma coming thru their bedroom windows.  While most of the year the traditional color of Cherryland is red, it’s all pink this time of year.
And of course, our two lovely gals are still different, even with the shades of pink.  Princess Maraschino cannot get enough of the soft pink, the flowers, the smell.  Meanwhile Princess Sour Cherry says if you are going to go pink, then go hot pink!! 
And it’s time for their festival dresses.  Far be it from them to agree on them, either.  Princess Maraschino came down with her dress to show the Queen, who was quite pleased.  The King was beaming as she descended the stairs.  She stopped halfway down the steps so they could take in the stunning party dress.  It was soft pink organza, with lots of flowers, ribbons, and pearls.  She came the rest of the way down only to catch her father’s tear in his eye.  She said “Father, I am growing up” and he added “too quickly”. 
The moment was broken when the racing to the steps and the clomping of the patented leather platforms hit the stairs announcing the arrival of Princess Sour Cherry, who was, as usual, late even getting dressed for the festival.  She stood, and all three of her family members’ jaws dropped.  Not all what they expected, she stood there in of course the hottest of pinks, almost neon, and it was tulle with a satin bustier that made her look quite the . . .   well you know.  The King looked at his queen and said “I suppose arguing will just be a waste of time.”  The queen meanwhile was taking in the entire pink dress.  She muttered “Who would think a pink dress could be. . . . “ and stopped.  Rhinestones, glitter, all in pink – and by that we mean DISCO pink was the color.  She didn’t even bother to stop on the stairs (may have been smart, as well as a good thing) and grabbed her pink “shades” and hollered “Maraschino, let’s go”.  
So. . . . . Which shade of pink Princess are you?  Baby soft pale pink with pearls and ribbons?  Or Neon wild hot pink with rhinestones and any other tacky pink thing imaginable?   Let us see what you got, but this thread better be loaded with lots of pink!!!! Because those “cherry reds” are just around the corner. . . . . .
Same rules as before – digi, paper, cards, layouts, anything goes.  And you have until the end of the month, and just do your thing, I’ll count whatever you come up with, as long as it’s PINK!!!

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

Re: APRIL CHERRYLAND CHALLENGE
So you couldn't resist sharing another story about our beloved Cherryland, Sher! LOL Image It's a beautiful story! Really love that along with the challenge! You're amazing! Image
Image Image ImageImage

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Sher, another great challenge!!! Image
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Love it! You are so creative in this story telling!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I think I'm officially over the "no can do" stuff.  I decided I was acting like, well, Princess Sour Cherry.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

LOL, love it! but this time I will have to see what papers, etc I DO have  and go from there!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

Awesome!   I was going to miss your storytelling and now don't have to!   
So great you're over the funk!  Image
 Karrie

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

sweetsour wrote:Awesome!   I was going to miss your storytelling and now don't have to!   
So great you're over the funk!  Image
Time freed up here at work, now I can "join" you guys again, at least for now, and I missed you all so much!!  So I'll do what I can - and NOT stress if I have to take a day away!! Sigh. . . . thanks!!

Cherry Blossom

Ah, pinks....so many pinks in springtime!!!    Great challenge!
"If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun."

Kathy

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Thanks for the challenge, Sher!  Love these stories and the way you can make a double option challenge out of it!
Kim

Image Image  

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Very interesting...thanks for hosting again!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I SO love your Cherryland stories and I'm really hoping you're writing these down together somewhere for a later date! 

LOVE hte Pink challenge, I've got tons of it of course, and I'll be happy to oblige with a pink layout!

Is this to be ONLY pink, or can we have other colors? Just asking for clarification's sake, since I've got some hearts paper that has bits of other colors in it, including red and teal etc. 

SOO glad you're back with another great installment this month and this great challenge! 
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Ohhhh, I am so glad the saga continues!!!! You are super! And I know just who I am this time!!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

cajenkins81 wrote:I SO love your Cherryland stories and I'm really hoping you're writing these down together somewhere for a later date! 

LOVE hte Pink challenge, I've got tons of it of course, and I'll be happy to oblige with a pink layout!

Is this to be ONLY pink, or can we have other colors? Just asking for clarification's sake, since I've got some hearts paper that has bits of other colors in it, including red and teal etc. 

SOO glad you're back with another great installment this month and this great challenge! 
One thing with my "RULES" is it's YOUR page.  It absolutely doesn't have to be all pink, just have some pink on it.  I want you to be happy with the layout you complete.  If that means you can do a lot of pink - Fantastic!- but if it means you will accent in pink and are happy with that much - that's absolutely fine.  In other words, this challenge is to get you out of your comfort zone, try new things each month, but bottom line, YOU must be happy with what you end up with.  OK???

kate W.

Sweet Cherry Pie

This is awesome!  I haven't yet had time to do one of your cherryland challenges but I read them every month just because they are so creative and fun. So glad you are back because this months story was so much fun to read. Oh, and I have TONS of pink so I'm going to try and fit this one in this month!
2014 Totals 51 layouts
8 cards

Janet Perafan-Babar

Cherry Tart

wow, that was a fun read! My daughter and I read it together and had a kick. Very cute!

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

JanetPerafanBabar wrote:wow, that was a fun read! My daughter and I read it together and had a kick. Very cute!
Tell your daughter to scrap a princess, too!!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Here's mine...it's a remake of a layout I lost in the Great Computer Crash of 2013 lol. I think it must make me Princess Sour Cherry as it's mostly bright pinks?! lol

Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Here's my entry!  I went with Princess Sour Cherry and used bright pink.  Bazzill's Bubblegum cardstock was the closest to "neon" pink that I had.  But, you'll see that my title and story behind the layout are "sour," too!  (And, actually, this LO looks brighter IRL!)

The story:  My DH and his daughter wanted to play a joke on the kids for Easter, then her daughter ended up the brunt of all the joking!

Journaling opens up to reveal the rest of the story, and here it is:  What started out as a harmless joke turned into hurt feelings this Easter!  I filled lots of plastic eggs with candy, stickers, toys, and money.  Some had notes like, "You get a Dr. Pepper!"  Christina & Dave said I should put chores on some like, "Take out the trash."  and "Do the laundry for a week." We never would have thought that one kid would get all five of those--Lexy!  Christina's own daughter!  Of course, we were just kidding about doing the chores, but she was upset for a while, until I traded her notes for more candy and Dr. Pepper!

Kim

Image Image  

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

Here's my layout.  I chose Princess Maraschino and used soft pinks, pearls and ribbons.  Pics of our breakfast with the Disney Princesses at EPCOT 2009.

Image ImageImage

Return to “Contests & Challenges”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee