APRIL AD CHALLENGE-updated with winner

Moderator: ACOT Employee

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2157

APRIL AD CHALLENGE-updated with winner

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

CONGRATULATIONS TO CRAFTYSHANNON, this months winner.
Thank you to all who played along!!!!

I hope everyone is finally seeing some signs of Spring. For most, it has been a long, rough Winter.
Spring always makes me think of things being born, renewed.
So for this month the challenge will be very specific.

I want your layout to be that of a sunrise
You may do either your paper as such, or the photo. If you choose to do the paper, it can NOT be the paper itself.
It must be a design you have added, such as rays of sun, using paper, ribbon, paint, etc.
If you choose to do the photo, it MUST be 5x7 or larger! We want to really see that warming sunshine!
If you choose to use both on your layout, your name will go in twice.

Must be a new layout only.
Can NOT be combined with any other challenge.
Can be any medium, paper, digital or card. 
Load to this thread by April 30th Winner chosen randomly for a $5.00 giftcard.

I will load my sample asap!

ImageImage

Cherries completing the challenge:

Ayla- Nancy x2
mgehrke
christinec68
retiree3
Quellie T
Charleneanne
Yankeegirlx2
Craftyshannon
love2stamp
jrrah4903
Deanna13
average_kim

Last edited by oceanbreezes423 on Thu May 01, 2014 7:03 am, edited 9 times in total.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2499

Re: APRIL AD CHALLENGE

Post by joannie »

I took some cool sun rise photos with my cell phone about a month ago!!! I hope they print well!!!! Image
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
CarrieG
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1844

Post by CarrieG »

I have some cool ones...will have to see if I can get one of them 5x7 and figure out how to get that on an 8.5x11 page..lol
cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 256

Post by cajenkins81 »

very cool! I'll have to get my sunrise pic from a couple weeks ago printed up and ready for this challenge :) 

Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted
Janet Perafan-Babar
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 8

Post by Janet Perafan-Babar »

Loving this one!
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

I've been wanting to do a sunburst thingy on my layouts; this will give me that extra push I need!  Thanks for the challenge!
Kim

Image Image  
Cherry Blossom

Post by »

Ach!!!  I have lots of sunsets, but I am NOT a morning person.  The sun is long up before I arise, usually, now that I am retired!~!!     I am going to have to set my alarm on a day forecasted to be beautiful this month---and find the perfect spot for a sunrise!

Thanks for the challenge!
"If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun."

Kathy
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee

Katheder wrote:Ach!!!  I have lots of sunsets, but I am NOT a morning person.  The sun is long up before I arise, usually, now that I am retired!~!!     I am going to have to set my alarm on a day forecasted to be beautiful this month---and find the perfect spot for a sunrise!

I am not by nature a morning gal either, but I love the sunrise over the ocean! At least every other month I set my alarm to go catch one! Good luck!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3753

Post by blbabe1234 »

Great challenge!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2509

Post by emmapaige »

I think I have some cool sunrise photos from the shore.  I'd love to try the design too.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Post by pawprints »

The only time I get to see the sun rise is if I haven't gone to bed yet, lol. So I'll probably be doing the design on the paper!

ImageImage Image Image  

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5517

Post by Deanna13 »

Really cool ad and great challenge! Image
Image Image ImageImage
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1393

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Great challenge! But too funny --- I got all excited to do a SLURPEE page LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a picture of my DD and DS posing with her in her WHITE COMMUNION DRESS. It's on instagram here: http://instagram.com/p/ZOEOGbOU_C/   I don't know if this will work  LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Post by Scrap Bug »

oceanbreezes423 wrote:
Katheder wrote:Ach!!!  I have lots of sunsets, but I am NOT a morning person.  The sun is long up before I arise, usually, now that I am retired!~!!     I am going to have to set my alarm on a day forecasted to be beautiful this month---and find the perfect spot for a sunrise!

I am not by nature a morning gal either, but I love the sunrise over the ocean! At least every other month I set my alarm to go catch one! Good luck!
You must be on the East Coast.  I am from the West Coast and we have Sunsets over the ocean.  Image
Melissa
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee

ScrappyBug wrote:
oceanbreezes423 wrote:

You must be on the East Coast.  I am from the West Coast and we have Sunsets over the ocean.  Image
Yes, I am. ALmost as close as you can get. Actually 1.7 miles off the water! I bet your sunsets are amazing too!!!
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Re: APRIL AD CHALLENGE-sample added

Post by Ayla »

Here's mine.... I used both a sunrise picture that is 5x7 exactly, AND a sunburst design! I actually pulled from a group of kits too, which is something I don't generally do. Thanks for a great challenge!

Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

ScrappyBug wrote:
oceanbreezes423 wrote:

I'm in Michigan, but I grew up a mile from Lake Michigan's eastern shores, which gives beautiful sunsets over Lake Michigan. Now I live an hour or so away from Lake Huron, and see sunrises there. I much prefer the time of day of sunsets! lol  But I work nights, so that explains a lot of it. But I got my picture on the way home from work one morning...through the trees. I like early mornings better when seen from the night before! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee

Ayla wrote:Here's mine.... I used both a sunrise picture that is 5x7 exactly, AND a sunburst design! I actually pulled from a group of kits too, which is something I don't generally do. Thanks for a great challenge!

Nancy, this is beautiful!!!!! I love all the extra elements, and the colors are perfect!!!! Thanks so much for doing my challenge!!!!
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

Here's mine - I did both the 5x7 picture and then I added and sunshine puffy sticker.

Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee

mgehrke wrote:Here's mine - I did both the 5x7 picture and then I added and sunshine puffy sticker.

I just KNEW I would love looking at these photo's! Beautiful, and the paper you picked is perfect! Thanks for doing my challenge!!

Return to “Contests & Challenges”