Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

beachlover

Cherry Addict

help for doggy moms
I think we boasted too much lately about Lily being so good these past few weeks...  she got herself into some kind of candy (unknown), Milano cookies and ate or chewed up a diaper.  I am still at work and dbf called me (from work) - his daughter woke up to Lily and her mess...  we don't know if she ate any of the diaper or just ripped it apart so I don't want her drinking water, knowing the crap in diapers could explode her stomach and ill her.  Apparently she did vomit and so far is acting like Lily...  I can't take her to the vet ---  Unless absolutely necessary.  I already have her scheduled for being fixed in 4 weeks and am still saving for that, then there is every spare dime that is STILL going toward a house...

anyone ever experience anything like this with a monster pet?? 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: help for doggy moms
No, I haven't. I've never had a puppy (we always adopted adult dogs) so I really haven't had to deal with much of that. I hope she's ok!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Oh boy...Lily is sure a handful. I'm sorry, I do not know how to help you. My two black labs (have had them since they were 8 wks, they are now 9 yrs old) have never chewed/ate a diaper.

As for the Milano's, as long as she is vomiting, that is good. She is getting "whatever it is" out of her system. And you say she is still acting like herself afterwards? Then I really don't think there is anything to worry about  with the cookies.

I'm hoping that some other cherry could help you with the diaper issue.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

Sophie eats everthing in sight! She loves to chew up her potty pads.
ImageImage 

beachlover

Cherry Addict

scrapy1967 wrote:Sophie eats everthing in sight! She loves to chew up her potty pads.
 Lovely!  Does she feel ill after that or is se her normal self?

Kari_H

Cherry Bing

Rev eats EVERYTHING!
I usually give him peroxide to induce vomiting. He gives me heart trouble that one. I would still consult with your vet over the phone if nothing else.
Kari ----- "Women with whips, 82% more likely to get what they want."

Check out my site! http://countryroadphotography.zenfolio.com/

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Kari_H wrote:Rev eats EVERYTHING!
I usually give him peroxide to induce vomiting. He gives me heart trouble that one. I would still consult with your vet over the phone if nothing else.
Geez!  The fur babies are worse than kids sometimes, huh?

I tried calling the online help at the vet and it was $$$, they want money before helping you AND your info too!  Reminded me of when my son was 4 and climbed up on the cupboards and ate 4-5 chewable kids vitamins and my SIL insisted I call poison control - I felt like the worlds worst mother after THAT - DYFS (Division of Youth And Family Services) is definitely coming after me!!!

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

Kona once ate a bag of balloons (not blown up).  We only found out about it when the balloon pieces showed up !!
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

My boxer ate a 1/4 of the filling out of his large bed and threw up for three weeks before it was finally out of his system.. He was eating, pooping and drinking water... just barfing fluff... Did he learn????  ah, no... He picks up everything and anything if it hits the floor.

Good luck with your pooch.  I'm sure she'll be just fine!
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

scrapy1967 wrote:Sophie eats everthing in sight! She loves to chew up her potty pads.
 Lovely!  Does she feel ill after that or is se her normal self?She is her normal self. She has only thrown up one time while I have had her and she ate to fast.
ImageImage 

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

beachlover wrote:
Kari_H wrote:Rev eats EVERYTHING!
Geez!  The fur babies are worse than kids sometimes, huh?

I tried calling the online help at the vet and it was $$$, they want money before helping you AND your info too!  Reminded me of when my son was 4 and climbed up on the cupboards and ate 4-5 chewable kids vitamins and my SIL insisted I call poison control - I felt like the worlds worst mother after THAT - DYFS (Division of Youth And Family Services) is definitely coming after me!!!
I know your worried.  Throwing up is a good thing!  Now if she stops pooping I would definitely rush her to the vet as it could be an intestinal blockage.

As for your vet......if mine I would FIRE him/her!  Whenever I have shopped for a new vet I make ask about charges for phone consult or after hours.  If they charge I say sorry you can't be my vet and have done that twice and walked out.  I also have walked out of a human doctor's office once and didn't pay the bill.  I always promise I will never call them unless I really really really need them.  They figure out pretty quick I mean it.  I truly believe a vet needs their private family time.

With the number of animals I've have/had my husband tell me I'm the vet without the degree.  I know a huge amount but not near what they do and I am always learning something new.  Most of that knowledge is in horses and cattle.  And I've learned a few things along the way because of not having dollars to help one of our older dogs who is now at the rainbow bridge out with a digestive upset quite by accident.  Told my vet and he looked at me like I was crazy and at the same time told me it wouldn't hurt.  All I know is it worked and continues to work as I now have two senior doggies out of our five dogs!

By the way....I'm really lucky to have Paige seemingly immune to chocolate.  She's gotten into it about five times.  The last time was a bag of Hershey Kisses that Lynn accidentally left out on end table.  She ate half a bag and we had shiny poop!

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Otis, our puggle will eat anything!!!!!!  he once ate an entire bag of Hershey's kisses  (foil and all) and didn't even PUKE....stomache of steel...LOL

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

You can give them pepto bismal to help get rid of the yuckiness, etc.  We had a diabetic mini schnauzer eat a bag of Hershey's - she bloated up real bad but survived.  LOL

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Our puggle has an iron stomach I swear. She has ate just about everything except a diaper. I too think if she is acting herself and is also vomiting she will be fine. Just keep an eye on her. 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Well Boomer has put everything through his system known to man… except a diaper. But man some of the things that boy has eaten over the years. He's gotten a hold of an entire bag of M&Ms, a dish full of candy, not to mention the time he broke a bowl of Apples and we found that he had eaten almost all of them. He's gotten a hold of and eaten a bunch of bananas, entire loaves of bread, hamburger/hot dog rolls, bags of potatoes… the list goes on. He was always so great at jumping up and reaching things on the counters, even if we put them far back. He once chewed a rubber figure eight tug of war toy that he and Cider used to play with. That was the only time he did get a blockage but he somehow managed to pass these long pieces of rubber. A true lab. All of my labs eat or have eaten most of what they find outside… acorns, wood, dirt lol. And some of them have eaten things I won't even mention. Cider was the only one I used the Wee-Wee pads with, and he used to shred them all the time. I'd tape them to the floor and he would still shred them. Twinkie loves to shred towels and she has gotten a hold of them and shredded them and then tries to eat the pieces. We still can't keep her from pulling the toilet paper roll off the holder, and she'll try and eat paper and cardboard if she gets a hold of it. Sigh. Labs, ya gotta love 'em.

ImageImage Image Image  

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I'd keep an eye on her, I always call my vet and my vet doesn't charge for calls. After Princess had surgery I called the vet a few times with questions and concerns and got answers. I'm a big worrier so I'd probably make an appointment, but as long as she's acting normal I'm sure she's ok.

stampaholic85

Cherry Bing

I just googled it, apparently it happens a lot.... A vet had responded to someones question and said to feed the dog a couple pieces a whole wheat bread every 4-6 hours and take for some walks to make sure the bowls are moving things along properly.  If your dog is acting normal and there are no signs of distress all is ok.  The gel in diapers in non-toxic.  Hope this helps :)
Image            Barb H
                                                                        Facebook page: Pink Passion Stamper

beachlover

Cherry Addict

scrappininAK wrote:Kona once ate a bag of balloons (not blown up).  We only found out about it when the balloon pieces showed up !!
oh no! 

beachlover

Cherry Addict

Lily acted herself all last night, although we did not give her water because of the diaper concern (swelling).  She knew she had done something wrong to because daddy told her she was bad and they didn't have play time.  This morning life was back to normal and she even ate her breakfast.  She hasn't eaten well in almost a week, so I don't really have concerns about anything toxic being in her system right now.  But I am putting my foot down about the kids coming over and leaving crap all over the house, not closing the doors, ect, because when Lily gets out of the crate, she goes in bedrooms, bathrooms that are not closed and this is when these episodes happen!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Thanks for the update!Image
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee