Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

redsonic20

Cherry Cropper

Ugh, You Know You're An Addict When...
So, my rule of thumb is to never pay full price for anything scrappy related. I buy far too much to be able to buy the things I want...I'd be screwed if I had to pay full price for everything. Twice now (in the past two weeks) I've paid full price for things that I've wanted after waiting until they're becoming hard to find. ACOT doesn't appear to be getting two things back in stock as it says 'discontinued by the manufacturer' on the item pages and EVERY other etailer is already sold out. I ended up having to call Archiver's (closest one is SIX HOURS from me) and had to pay as much to have it shipped as the items themselves cost...all because I HAD to have them!!!! Thank goodness I've gotten a ton of sweet deals lately or else I'd feel more guilty about it than I do.
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps

ernstem

Cherry Cola

Re: Ugh, You Know You're An Addict When...
Ouch! I go in spurts when I HAVE to have something......and usually end up not using it like I intended :?

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

Yep, sounds like you have a problem, lol! We are all in the same boat, lol!

Once my aunt (who didn't scrap) went with me to a not so local scrapbook store once, and I spent about $100 total. Then we were at Wal-mart and looking at some non-scrappy item. (I don't remember what it was . . .) Anyway, I liked it and wanted it, but said I wouldn't pay that much for it. And she said, "You just spent $100 at that store!?!" And my reply was "But I can't find that stuff anywhere cheaper! And, it was scrapbooking stuff!!" My purchase was totally justified IMO!
Kim

Image Image  

redsonic20

Cherry Cropper

That's the funny part, I don't even have any plans for it, yet. I got the paper at HL for a really good price before anyone else had it and I don't have anything that matches. Soooo, I wanted the accessories and whenever I can, I buy from here. But, I've been hoarding points and waiting to make a HUGE order in a few weeks and the items I'm wanting sold out. Clint said they were trying to get it back and then I saw that it says it won't be back. I went to my backup and she had JUST sold the last two she had hours before I asked. It has so much in it, so it's not too too bad spending so much for it, but next time, I might just have to cave and order it here so I don't have to spent twice as much as retail to get it.
Denise

redsonic20

Cherry Cropper

average_kim wrote:Yep, sounds like you have a problem, lol! We are all in the same boat, lol!

Once my aunt (who didn't scrap) went with me to a not so local scrapbook store once, and I spent about $100 total. Then we were at Wal-mart and looking at some non-scrappy item. (I don't remember what it was . . .) Anyway, I liked it and wanted it, but said I wouldn't pay that much for it. And she said, "You just spent $100 at that store!?!" And my reply was "But I can't find that stuff anywhere cheaper! And, it was scrapbooking stuff!!" My purchase was totally justified IMO!

Haha! I won't spend $20 on a shirt, but I easily spend $200 (usually more) a month on scrapbook supplies...most of which get put away for weeks (or months) before I even use it. To me, it makes sense, but now that I actually NEED clothes, I'm going to have to change my thinking a little bit. It's easier to buy paper that's pretty because fit doesn't matter. Plus, when you're looking at a handful of things for $20 versus one clothing item for $20, it's harder for my mind to compute the price being worth it for one thing. I clearly buy too many scrapbook items!!
Denise

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

redsonic20 wrote:
average_kim wrote:Yep, sounds like you have a problem, lol! We are all in the same boat, lol!

Haha! I won't spend $20 on a shirt, but I easily spend $200 (usually more) a month on scrapbook supplies...most of which get put away for weeks (or months) before I even use it. To me, it makes sense, but now that I actually NEED clothes, I'm going to have to change my thinking a little bit. It's easier to buy paper that's pretty because fit doesn't matter. Plus, when you're looking at a handful of things for $20 versus one clothing item for $20, it's harder for my mind to compute the price being worth it for one thing. I clearly buy too many scrapbook items!!

Me, too! And, you're right--scrapbooking supplies are truly "ONE SIZE FITS ALL!!" (unless, I guess, you're talking about album size, lol)
Kim

Image Image  

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Thats too funny, I am the same way as far as I will spend $$$$$$ on scrappy things, and will actually torment myself over a piece of clothing!!! I love the one size fits all mentality of scrapping products, lol!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

redsonic20

Cherry Cropper

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Thats too funny, I am the same way as far as I will spend $$$$$$ on scrappy things, and will actually torment myself over a piece of clothing!!! I love the one size fits all mentality of scrapping products, lol!!!

I think part of it might be because I've gotten so used to my spending on scrap supplies that it feels completely normal. Clothing has never really been a priority. We also eat out more than we should and I don't blink at $20 for a meal because we're USED to doing that (and boy does that add up faster than a few pieces of clothing would every month). The scary part of it is that I look at how much I spend in a month and I don't even blink, but if I go out and spend even $80 (which I did a few months ago, 4 pairs of jeans for under $10 each which is a rare bargain for jeans, in my opinion, a couple pricier tops and things for my boys) I kick myself and feel guilty. But, spending $50-$60 on grab bags and things seems so worth it to me and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.

Sigh, the way the mind works!!
Denise

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Whoo hoo I wish I had your monthly scrapping budget!!!! That is awesome!
:-D
Susan

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

lol! I can totally relate! I hate paying full price for ANYTHING, but especially scrapbooking related. I wait until things go on sale to buy them then. But in the past week, I purchased at least 3 things full price at Michaels - and a bit expensive! $7 for a pack of butterflies that I just HAD To have for a LO i had in my head, plus spray mist (for same LO).But I'm Soooo excited with how the layoutturned out, it was worth it! Then there have been a couple other things here and there lol. but when I see something like that, I just HAVE to get it! But I've spent so much money this week on scrappy supplies, I'm outta scrappy budget money for at least a month - or at least until Black Friday! lol
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

I feel your pain!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

debamas

Wild Cherry

Glad to see I'm not alone! Buying clothes for me is hard even when it's down to dire necessity. New scrapbook papers come and go so quickly that even though I do look for the sales and coupons , sometimes it IS a necessity! At least in my world, LOL.
Debbie

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I do the same too, with buying scrappy supplies versus other things. but, with a good sale, $20 can get you A LOT of scrappy supplies! lol. I do try to watch it and budget tho, and since I lost my job and just started a new one, we've had a few months of barely scraping by. ON everything. So I went a little crazy this week buying stuff, but that's it, I got the kids some clothes, me new pair of pants and a sweater (at the resale shop no less!!) and lots of scrappy supplies (I hit up the paper sale at HL and stocked up on CS, tho I still want to get one of the packs of black CS, will have to wait til the packs go on sale.) but yeah, to me, buying clothes and buying scrapping supplies are two different things! haha. And I enjoy one MUCH more than the other!
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

lol...I can relate. I rarely pay full price. But, occasionally, you need something specific and you have to buy it before it is gone. Or, for example, I wanted the actual Carnival Cruise line papers and album. Only place I found them was on the cruise...so I bought them.
ImageImageImage

cort

Cherry Bing

ernstem wrote:Ouch! I go in spurts when I HAVE to have something......and usually end up not using it like I intended :?

I think we all do this. My had to have item was the sew easy...I have not found it so easy! It's sitting in my room unused.
ImageImage

redsonic20

Cherry Cropper

cort wrote:
ernstem wrote:Ouch! I go in spurts when I HAVE to have something......and usually end up not using it like I intended :?

I think we all do this. My had to have item was the sew easy...I have not found it so easy! It's sitting in my room unused.

Yep. I should sell mine or something. I don't really use it. If I want to sew, I use a template anyway...the only part of it that has seemed really useful has been the mat. Even some of the string was hard to use because it was coated and therefore not really pliable. I'm on the hunt for a sewing machine now. I may have to cave and get the Brother one that is coming up on Black Friday at Wal-Mart. After that, it will probably be a vintage typewriter.
Denise

Scrapmariner

Cherry Tart

Yup, I'm the same as Kim!

Thought nothing of spending $20 on adhesive refills in Meijers yesterday but couldn't bring myself to spend $4.19 a lb for ground sirloin in the meat aisle. How sad is that? We can't very well eat the adhesive...

Oh and I love my Sew Easy, especially since I got the accessory that let's you make circles :-D

knitwitrosie

Cherry Blossom

kennabeans wrote:lol...I can relate. I rarely pay full price. But, occasionally, you need something specific and you have to buy it before it is gone. Or, for example, I wanted the actual Carnival Cruise line papers and album. Only place I found them was on the cruise...so I bought them.

I'm kicking myself in the pants right now.... we went on a cruise back in November of 2010, but I didn't start scrapbooking until that following Christmas, so I didn't think to pickup the actual Carnival Cruiseline scrapbook kit. Now I'm wanting to scrap those pictures and resorting to looking on eBay for them... willing to pay an arm and a leg :-(

But... Like the rest of you... have a hard time spending the money on new clothes, but will drop mega $$ on scrapbooking supplies without second thought. Lol
** Jess (a.k.a. Rosie) **

cort

Cherry Bing

Scrapmariner wrote:Yup, I'm the same as Kim!

Thought nothing of spending $20 on adhesive refills in Meijers yesterday but couldn't bring myself to spend $4.19 a lb for ground sirloin in the meat aisle. How sad is that? We can't very well eat the adhesive...

Oh and I love my Sew Easy, especially since I got the accessory that let's you make circles :-D

If scrap supplies were edible i doubt any of us would starve..LOL :-D
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee