We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

stateless

Cherry Garcia

Re: Has your style of scrapping changed?
Interesting thread! I started posting in May 2012, so there's not much to compare... So here my first layout on ACOT and one from exactly a year later. Strangely they are both 8x8 layouts (I don't do many of those) and both involve cats!

May 12, 2012:

May 12, 2013:

- Valerie/stateless

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Oh what fun it has been looking at everyone's LOs. I started scrapping in 2009, but didn't join here until Nov. 2010. Here are mine:

First ever LO posted here Dec 2010

Jan 2011

Jan 2012 - Oh my - look at how little Tucker was.

Jan 2013

Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

ss20ts

Cherry Blossom

I know my style has changed over the years. I've been scrapbooking over 10 years. The trends have also changed dramatically. I look through my old albums and layouts and there are some I just shake my head at. All the gingham! And the teeny tiny polka dots available in a rainbow of colors. We're so spoiled now! But man it's sooooo fun. :-D

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

ss20ts wrote:I know my style has changed over the years. I've been scrapbooking over 10 years. The trends have also changed dramatically. I look through my old albums and layouts and there are some I just shake my head at. All the gingham! And the teeny tiny polka dots available in a rainbow of colors. We're so spoiled now! But man it's sooooo fun. :-D

I agree!! When I first started out around 18 years ago I cropped my photos. I cringe everytime I look thru those early books. I've redone most of them but there are a 1 or 2 left!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

christinec68

Cherry Bomb

I haven't been here too long to post a real change in style but it surely has changed since I started scrapbooking in 2002. The biggest changes are journaling, color palette & use of patterns. My earliest pages have little to no journaling, were mostly solid cardstock with maybe a pattern here or there and primarily jewel or neutral toned papers. Now I love love love mixing patterns & colors and almost always journal.

debamas

Wild Cherry

Image from 2009 mostly stickers

MIA a few years, then

Image 2012, but a cricut now

Image jan, 2013, learning to layer

and toward the end of this year, more layering, using kits and journaling:
Debbie

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

What a fun thread to read thru!!!!
SUS ImageImageImage

sweetsour

Wild Cherry

I agree, it's interesting seeing how things develop.

I started scrapping in 2001, joined ACOT in 2009, but didn't post in the gallery until this one, this year, June.
It was my very first ever time using a sketch! and I now have no idea how I ever scrapped before without sketches and challenges.
 Karrie

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Thank you, Joannie for starting this thread. It has been really fun just reading everyone's comments about their "styles".
Laurie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

letumom wrote:Thank you, Joannie for starting this thread. It has been really fun just reading everyone's comments about their "styles".
I agree wholeheartedly!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Ayla wrote:
letumom wrote:Thank you, Joannie for starting this thread. It has been really fun just reading everyone's comments about their "styles".
I agree wholeheartedly!

thanks! I've enjoyed it too!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee