Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas
To the ladies that did this last year, do you think it was worth paying for the class? I am considering doing it this year, but wanted to make sure the 36.00 fee was really worth it. Any thoughts?
ImageImageImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas
Keeping an eye on this, because I'm considering it, too.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

interested too...
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I really enjoyed the whole concept of the prompts everyday and the ideas for pics and stuff. I think that looking at the themes from last year and also all the ideas of themes that were posted here last year I am going to combine my notes from last year and do my own. Shimelle has great prompts though, and they are lengthy and she gives great examples of what she means.
Susan

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Hmmm...I'm going to have to give this some more thought.
ImageImageImageImage

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

Sue, do you think the end result is very similar to the Learn something new every day albums that were created this past September?

I'd like to take that idea and do it in December, but do you think that ends up something different than what the journal your Christmas is intended to be?
- Jillian

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I paid for it last year and then life got in the way and I never did the album. But the nice thing is that once you pay for the class, you have access the following years! Hopefully this year I'll keep it together and get it done lol.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

I signed up years ago and still enjoy getting the prompts every year. I have never stuck with it through the entire season, but that's just me. However I've recorded some great memories and I cherish the pages that I have done.
I plan to work at it again this year and be ok with getting a few pages done every year.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

btt
ImageImageImageImage

jnet

Sweet Cherry Pie

This class is REALLY worth the money. I signed up last year and did a whole album of wonderful memories that would not have been recorded otherwise. I was very happy with the class. If you have specific questions let me know.
Jeannette

debamas

Wild Cherry

I've not really looked into this, I guess cause my own thoughts with my kids all grown was what would I be scrapping daily about December? I might be missing something here and perhaps a great opportunity. Can anyone expound on Shemelle's concept?
Debbie

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

debamas wrote:I've not really looked into this, I guess cause my own thoughts with my kids all grown was what would I be scrapping daily about December? I might be missing something here and perhaps a great opportunity. Can anyone expound on Shemelle's concept?
debbie let me get my notebook from last year! Ok! For everyday there is a layout prompt and a photography prompt. I liked being able to print and then have it in front of me to write my thoughts and notes down. So a few of the days themes are: having a christmas manifesto --memories of christmas countdown of years past and how it is diff now--focus on a gift that made you happy and why it was so special--christmas trees--christmas mentors (shimmelle's AND mine is Elf! Lol)--white christmas??? --happenings of the actual day--presents given and received. There are like 30 or 31 days in that lead up New Year's Eve. I hope this helps!
Susan

debamas

Wild Cherry

suewho372 wrote:
debamas wrote:I've not really looked into this, I guess cause my own thoughts with my kids all grown was what would I be scrapping daily about December? I might be missing something here and perhaps a great opportunity. Can anyone expound on Shemelle's concept?
debbie let me get my notebook from last year! Ok! For everyday there is a layout prompt and a photography prompt. I liked being able to print and then have it in front of me to write my thoughts and notes down. So a few of the days themes are: having a christmas manifesto --memories of christmas countdown of years past and how it is diff now--focus on a gift that made you happy and why it was so special--christmas trees--christmas mentors (shimmelle's AND mine is Elf! Lol)--white christmas??? --happenings of the actual day--presents given and received. There are like 30 or 31 days in that lead up New Year's Eve. I hope this helps!

Thanks, that does help. I see it's not just the daily happenings in your family but thoughts, rememberences, etc. I could do a good bit of journaling with this and maybe some past photos if I have nothing current. Then again, with Skittles...a Christmas tree going up might be quite a daily challenge and story itself! I don't go to parties anymore, no youngsters to take to church Christmas activities..so I still might be able to do something. I'm horrible about daily scrapping though but at least I think I understand more and will look at this.
Debbie

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

debamas wrote:
suewho372 wrote:

Thanks, that does help. I see it's not just the daily happenings in your family but thoughts, rememberences, etc. I could do a good bit of journaling with this and maybe some past photos if I have nothing current. Then again, with Skittles...a Christmas tree going up might be quite a daily challenge and story itself! I don't go to parties anymore, no youngsters to take to church Christmas activities..so I still might be able to do something. I'm horrible about daily scrapping though but at least I think I understand more and will look at this.
That's one of the reasons I was looking at this one, instead of a December Daily. It seems a little less "strict" then the December daily.
ImageImageImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I understand what you're saying. My sons are grown and Christmas and the whole season are so much different now. I don't do the decorating I used to do. The tree is smaller and I can't even fit all of my ornaments on it. The guys just bring me out one or two containers, and the rest sit until next time (maybe). I think I'm going to try it this year, because I have such wonderful memories of my childhood and of raising my children. It may help me document stories that will be gone when I am.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

debamas

Wild Cherry

writerlady wrote:

I understand what you're saying. My sons are grown and Christmas and the whole season are so much different now. I don't do the decorating I used to do. The tree is smaller and I can't even fit all of my ornaments on it. The guys just bring me out one or two containers, and the rest sit until next time (maybe). I think I'm going to try it this year, because I have such wonderful memories of my childhood and of raising my children. It may help me document stories that will be gone when I am.

Yes, Sandy, so true here too about it not being the same with the kids out of the home with their own families. I too, have done the same with the downsizing and leaving boxes of ornaments untouched. Let's record our memories at least and the newer ones, although different, that we encounter in our days ahead.
Debbie

citygirl22

Sweet Cherry Pie

This thread has totally inspired me to sign up for the class. I took a journaling class with Shimelle 2 years ago and LOVED it, so I'm sure this one will be just as amazing. Thanks for all the feedback ladies!
Stephanie
I blog @ Skyline Paperie

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

quote="debamas"]I've not really looked into this, I guess cause my own thoughts with my kids all grown was what would I be scrapping daily about December? I might be missing something here and perhaps a great opportunity. Can anyone expound on Shemelle's concept?[/quote]debbie let me get my notebook from last year! Ok! For everyday there is a layout prompt and a photography prompt. I liked being able to print and then have it in front of me to write my thoughts and notes down. So a few of the days themes are: having a christmas manifesto --memories of christmas countdown of years past and how it is diff now--focus on a gift that made you happy and why it was so special--christmas trees--christmas mentors (shimmelle's AND mine is Elf! Lol)--white christmas??? --happenings of the actual day--presents given and received. There are like 30 or 31 days in that lead up New Year's Eve. I hope this helps![/quote]

Thanks, that does help. I see it's not just the daily happenings in your family but thoughts, rememberences, etc. I could do a good bit of journaling with this and maybe some past photos if I have nothing current. Then again, with Skittles...a Christmas tree going up might be quite a daily challenge and story itself! I don't go to parties anymore, no youngsters to take to church Christmas activities..so I still might be able to do something. I'm horrible about daily scrapping though but at least I think I understand more and will look at this.[/quote]
That's one of the reasons I was looking at this one, instead of a December Daily. It seems a little less "strict" then the December daily.[/quote]
It is totally on your own pace and if you even want to do the theme for that day that she picks, you can do them how ever you decide I think Shimelle's approach is also to get your feelings down so you see the changes over time as well as the moment.
I liked it because I did take time out everyday to look at the prompt and then write down what I thought or jotted down some ideas at least so I do still have my notebook although I didn't get my entire album completed.
It was really great last year as the Shimelle was a gift from a new friend who has really become very special to me so that is also a cool memory for me as well.
Susan

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Thank you ladies for the feedback, I too think I am going to sign up, I didn't realize that you do it once and then can access all the years. That totally makes the price worth it. Maybe this is what I need for my Christmas pictures not to be the same pages over and over again seems like every year they are the same pages and pictures just with different clothes. ;)
ImageImageImageImage

debamas

Wild Cherry

love2stamp wrote:Thank you ladies for the feedback, I too think I am going to sign up, I didn't realize that you do it once and then can access all the years. That totally makes the price worth it. Maybe this is what I need for my Christmas pictures not to be the same pages over and over again seems like every year they are the same pages and pictures just with different clothes. ;)

I visited her site and only saw a 2012 sign up. However, I did read her explanation on the class and am more interested now to do this. Is there a 2013 class?
Debbie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee