Scrap-A-Day, June 26th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 961

Re: Scrap-A-Day, June 26th

Post by suewho372 »

blbabe1234 wrote:I have been bombarded with emails, and I decided to take a small break and work on the Imagination Challenge:

This is so funny! I love that pic! Your title is so cute!! I love this~!
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Ayla wrote:I started this yesterday, but struggled with finding the right kit until I came across this one from SusDesigns in my stash. From 2011! I'm proud of myself that I used a kit I already have, plus the fact that I scrapped way off theme (remember that challenge from the first MMC?) This is a romance kit...called "One Night in Paris." And I scrapped a fishing photo with it! It's for the Becky Fleck sketch challenge.

Totally GORGEOUS!! I love it!
Susan

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3730

Post by blbabe1234 »

Got to work on the BF sketch:

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

blbabe1234 wrote:
mgehrke wrote:What a wonderful visit it sounds like you had with your family. That is so awesome.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can scrap tonight. As of right now I have no other plans. I believe DD#1 and DH will be gone this evening and DD#2 and her fiance are packing their things as they are moving out this weekend. 2 down and 1 to go. Then DH and I will be empy nesters, which I thought would bother me, but doesn't. I am so excited for us to start our next chapter of our lives. I had DD#1 before DH and I got married, so we have never had "OUR" time. Things are going to be so quiet and I just can't wait.

Oh and I LOVE my new bed. I got a really good night's sleep last night. Even DH ended up in bed last night :)

I sure hope you can scrap today Mildred. What will you be working on?

I understand how you might be extremely excited about having "us" time with your DD's out of the house. I don't have children, but it hasn't been just me and DH very long. I think it was "US" for about 6 months into our marriage, when my brother and his GF (now wife) moved in. Then when they moved out, we had the house to ourselves for 3 wks before my mom came to "visit". That "visit" turned into 10 1/2 months! Then when she left on Easter Sunday, we had the place to ourselves for one month, and then my BFF and her two li'l dogs moved in when she got evicted from her place. I have sat with her on how to "budget" and realizing the difference between a "want" and a "need". Its sad that I have to teach her that. Its sad that kids these days don't know how to do that. And I don't mean to sound mean when I say "kids these days". I'm 33, so some people still see me as a "kid".

So glad you love your new bed. Did you get one of those Sleep Number beds?

Well no scrapping for me. My laptop is acting up again. I don't get it. One day it works and the next it doesn't. So to answer your question, I am not working on anything tonight. I did open my 2 ACOT packages :) I forgot about all the washi tape I bought. I can now scrap my birdie and I got birdie paper and washi tape with birds on it. Also I got some birdie embellies too. I just have to wait for my photos to get here which should be soon. They shipped yesterday :)

I don't think you sound mean when you say kids these days. I totally get what you mean. I consider anyone under 30 a kid. So you are safe :winkb: And no we did not get a Sleep Number bed. We are getting rid of a Sleep Number and got a Temperpedic bed with memory foam :inlove:
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

mgehrke wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:
mgehrke wrote:What a wonderful visit it sounds like you had with your family. That is so awesome.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I can scrap tonight. As of right now I have no other plans. I believe DD#1 and DH will be gone this evening and DD#2 and her fiance are packing their things as they are moving out this weekend. 2 down and 1 to go. Then DH and I will be empy nesters, which I thought would bother me, but doesn't. I am so excited for us to start our next chapter of our lives. I had DD#1 before DH and I got married, so we have never had "OUR" time. Things are going to be so quiet and I just can't wait.

Oh and I LOVE my new bed. I got a really good night's sleep last night. Even DH ended up in bed last night :)

I sure hope you can scrap today Mildred. What will you be working on?

I understand how you might be extremely excited about having "us" time with your DD's out of the house. I don't have children, but it hasn't been just me and DH very long. I think it was "US" for about 6 months into our marriage, when my brother and his GF (now wife) moved in. Then when they moved out, we had the house to ourselves for 3 wks before my mom came to "visit". That "visit" turned into 10 1/2 months! Then when she left on Easter Sunday, we had the place to ourselves for one month, and then my BFF and her two li'l dogs moved in when she got evicted from her place. I have sat with her on how to "budget" and realizing the difference between a "want" and a "need". Its sad that I have to teach her that. Its sad that kids these days don't know how to do that. And I don't mean to sound mean when I say "kids these days". I'm 33, so some people still see me as a "kid".

So glad you love your new bed. Did you get one of those Sleep Number beds?

Well no scrapping for me. My laptop is acting up again. I don't get it. One day it works and the next it doesn't. So to answer your question, I am not working on anything tonight. I did open my 2 ACOT packages :) I forgot about all the washi tape I bought. I can now scrap my birdie and I got birdie paper and washi tape with birds on it. Also I got some birdie embellies too. I just have to wait for my photos to get here which should be soon. They shipped yesterday :)

I don't think you sound mean when you say kids these days. I totally get what you mean. I consider anyone under 30 a kid. So you are safe :winkb: And no we did not get a Sleep Number bed. We are getting rid of a Sleep Number and got a Temperpedic bed with memory foam :inlove:

Sorry to hear about your laptop. Technology, huh? Sometimes you love it, sometimes you hate it!

My pics shipped yesterday too! I am so excited!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

No scrapping today. However, I sorted through my patterned paper and put a few in my "don't know if I want to keep this" bag. Then I put it out of site for a few months and then donate or sell the items if I don't come back looking for them! I purchased a 12x12 scrapbook frame for DS. When I was with Mildred, I bought a sheet of paper that was covered in R2D2. So he has new wall art ;) Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up two frames! I have a 12x12 sheet of Sassafrass paper that I CANNOT cut into! I want to hang it up and look at it forever. Off to hunt for another frame coupon....
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

hi cherries!! i am so excited I actually did some scrapping today!
i am sorry Mildred about your laptop-- technology really is frustrating sometimes!
memory foam will be so nice. i have a nice 3 1/2 memory foam topper for my bed. I love it!

Well I got another done today. I tried to make some leaves and vine-like things to mimic the pic. I feel like something is missing (yes besides the journaling!! LOL) Anyone have any ideas???
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

ernstem wrote:No scrapping today. However, I sorted through my patterned paper and put a few in my "don't know if I want to keep this" bag. Then I put it out of site for a few months and then donate or sell the items if I don't come back looking for them! I purchased a 12x12 scrapbook frame for DS. When I was with Mildred, I bought a sheet of paper that was covered in R2D2. So he has new wall art ;) Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up two frames! I have a 12x12 sheet of Sassafrass paper that I CANNOT cut into! I want to hang it up and look at it forever. Off to hunt for another frame coupon....
Beth-- that sounds like a cool pic for your ds! I do the same thing at times and usually it is at a store that is far away! UGH!!! Good luck getting another coupon-- hope that works out well!!! :)
Susan

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2362

Post by Art_Teacher »

suewho372 wrote:hi cherries!! i am so excited I actually did some scrapping today!
i am sorry Mildred about your laptop-- technology really is frustrating sometimes!
memory foam will be so nice. i have a nice 3 1/2 memory foam topper for my bed. I love it!

Well I got another done today. I tried to make some leaves and vine-like things to mimic the pic. I feel like something is missing (yes besides the journaling!! LOL) Anyone have any ideas???

Susan, this is so cute! I don't think it needs a thing besides some journaling. I would put the journaling under the documented tag. Love the texture and the leaves. Awesome!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

suewho372 wrote:
ernstem wrote:No scrapping today. However, I sorted through my patterned paper and put a few in my "don't know if I want to keep this" bag. Then I put it out of site for a few months and then donate or sell the items if I don't come back looking for them! I purchased a 12x12 scrapbook frame for DS. When I was with Mildred, I bought a sheet of paper that was covered in R2D2. So he has new wall art ;) Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up two frames! I have a 12x12 sheet of Sassafrass paper that I CANNOT cut into! I want to hang it up and look at it forever. Off to hunt for another frame coupon....
Beth-- that sounds like a cool pic for your ds! I do the same thing at times and usually it is at a store that is far away! UGH!!! Good luck getting another coupon-- hope that works out well!!! :)
I printed one from the store's website. So I can stop later tonight if I feel like it. The cashier took my flier when I was there a couple of days ago. Grr. There's always another way to get more ;)
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

That's awesome. I love bringing someone into "the fold" lol
So sweet that you know that someone thinks so much of you and that while you & dh were "just being you" you made a difference for someone. So touching.
I think I'm going to get to scrapbook tonight. I had a busy day with work and running spent some fun time with dd#2 (child #4 - my baby) she's 14 and we have fun hanging out which isn't often because she likes to hang out with her friends and spends a lot of time in her room, but she still likes to do things with me too and I totally love and appreciate that.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

Art_Teacher wrote:
suewho372 wrote:hi cherries!! i am so excited I actually did some scrapping today!

Susan, this is so cute! I don't think it needs a thing besides some journaling. I would put the journaling under the documented tag. Love the texture and the leaves. Awesome!
I agree. By putting your journaling under that tag, it keeps the diagonal flow from the upper left to the lower right. Love that picture, and those leaves are awesome!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

elisanlily
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by elisanlily »

I was able to get an altered project, a card, and a layout finished today! I'm so glad I was able to scrap some today. I really needed to get some stuff done. Now if only I could finish my actual DT work, then I would be able to relax. lol.
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

Ayla wrote:
Art_Teacher wrote:

I agree. By putting your journaling under that tag, it keeps the diagonal flow from the upper left to the lower right. Love that picture, and those leaves are awesome!
Thanks guys-- I will see what kind of journaling tag I can find -- you know it has to be the "right" one!! maybe I will draw one in......
Susan

elisanlily
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 3

Post by elisanlily »

Oh I also found this really neat idea on the Pebbles blog....

Alter journaling cards for any projects. It's a really great tutorial and lots of ideas. I always have some left over that I have no use for.

http://www.pebblesinc.blogspot.com/2013 ... ay_25.html
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

elisanlily wrote:I was able to get an altered project, a card, and a layout finished today! I'm so glad I was able to scrap some today. I really needed to get some stuff done. Now if only I could finish my actual DT work, then I would be able to relax. lol.

Sounds like you had a good scrappy day! :-D
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee

Post by suewho372 »

elisanlily wrote:Oh I also found this really neat idea on the Pebbles blog....

Alter journaling cards for any projects. It's a really great tutorial and lots of ideas. I always have some left over that I have no use for.

http://www.pebblesinc.blogspot.com/2013 ... ay_25.html
just looked at this-- some really great ideas!! Thanks for sharing!
Susan

butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

I put my huge pile of layouts into albums finally which took awhile (I scrap a mix of themes at once, and haven't put my layouts in albums for at least a month). I also made bottle tags for wine bottles for my sisters engagement party and cupcake toppers. Wanted to scrap more, but had to go pick out a new fridge since ours died today.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

butterfly843 wrote:I put my huge pile of layouts into albums finally which took awhile (I scrap a mix of themes at once, and haven't put my layouts in albums for at least a month). I also made bottle tags for wine bottles for my sisters engagement party and cupcake toppers. Wanted to scrap more, but had to go pick out a new fridge since ours died today.

Sucks that ya's fridge died. Ours is on our last leg. Trying to keep it alive!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”