Scrap-A-Day, May 22nd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Re: Scrap-A-Day, May 22nd

Post by scrapy1967 »

Afternoon ladies! No scrapping for me but I will be taking lots of pics over the next few days. Brandy try google in welding with a gypsy and you should be able to find some you tube videos on how to do it.
ImageImage 

jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 649

Post by jrrah4903 »

No scrapping for me - unless I catch a major 2nd wind, its only 5p here and I am ready for bed time!
- Jillian

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3752

Post by blbabe1234 »

scrapy1967 wrote:Afternoon ladies! No scrapping for me but I will be taking lots of pics over the next few days. Brandy try google in welding with a gypsy and you should be able to find some you tube videos on how to do it.

Thank you Janet! :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
pawprints wrote:We had thunderstorms early this morning which woke the pups up. Had to take little Twinkie out to potty in the pouring rain. Lots of fun lol. I am so tired right now I need a nap. Wish I could get the energy to clean up this desk and do some scrapping. Yawn. Maybe later.

Awe..poor Twinkie. How did she fare with the thunder?

It woke her up, but other than that I don't think it bothered her. Boomer isn't bothered by thunder at all, and neither was Cider. I'm hoping it will be the same with her. It is so funny I remember one time we were having a really bad thunder storm and Cider was sleeping on the floor of the den while dh and I were watching tv. It was thundering like mad and he didn't even flinch, and then all of a sudden there was one really loud crack of thunder that made the whole house shake. Well, Cider just picked his head up for a second and looked around and then immediately went back to sleep. LOL I thought that was so cool, as in all other doggies I ever dealt with were petrified of thunder storms.

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Wow! You sure do have some tough pups. Jeffrey gets upset when the windows start to rattle, since he used to have to be in that cr@p before we rescued him. Penny doesn't care. Ruby and Bear will wake up and if we're sleeping, they will jump in bed with us. LOL. Lady is the only one who gets terrified as she was born during a thunderstorm underneath my BFF's neighbors house almost 13 years ago. She will get under the bed or something and shake. Poor baby. We have some spray - Comfort Zone Spray with D.A.P. We spray it on a blanket, then wrap her in it and I hold her and rock her like a baby. She will calm down in about 15-20 mins and the storms don't bother her as much.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:Wow! You sure do have some tough pups. Jeffrey gets upset when the windows start to rattle, since he used to have to be in that cr@p before we rescued him. Penny doesn't care. Ruby and Bear will wake up and if we're sleeping, they will jump in bed with us. LOL. Lady is the only one who gets terrified as she was born during a thunderstorm underneath my BFF's neighbors house almost 13 years ago. She will get under the bed or something and shake. Poor baby. We have some spray - Comfort Zone Spray with D.A.P. We spray it on a blanket, then wrap her in it and I hold her and rock her like a baby. She will calm down in about 15-20 mins and the storms don't bother her as much.

My in-law's dog Chowder was petrified of thunder storms. She would know they were coming before we did. She would start to tremble and be so scared and we hadn't even heard the thunder yet, and then sure enough a little while later it would start thundering. She would tremble the whole time. Poor baby.

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:Wow! You sure do have some tough pups. Jeffrey gets upset when the windows start to rattle, since he used to have to be in that cr@p before we rescued him. Penny doesn't care. Ruby and Bear will wake up and if we're sleeping, they will jump in bed with us. LOL. Lady is the only one who gets terrified as she was born during a thunderstorm underneath my BFF's neighbors house almost 13 years ago. She will get under the bed or something and shake. Poor baby. We have some spray - Comfort Zone Spray with D.A.P. We spray it on a blanket, then wrap her in it and I hold her and rock her like a baby. She will calm down in about 15-20 mins and the storms don't bother her as much.

My in-law's dog Chowder was petrified of thunder storms. She would know they were coming before we did. She would start to tremble and be so scared and we hadn't even heard the thunder yet, and then sure enough a little while later it would start thundering. She would tremble the whole time. Poor baby.

Awe..that is so sad. Poor Chowder.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

beachlover wrote:I was not planning on scrapping tonight, but just found out one of my niece's has prom tomorrow evening so I may be taking pics there... SOOOO, if I don't scrap a bit tonight, I won't get back at it till Saturday, and this month is almost over already! I have quite a bit of challenges I want to accomplish yet and not a whole lot of time! I just need to decide which one I can pull tother fastest and easiest :winkb:

congrats to everyone to got a chance to play today and everyone who will, and everyone have a great day!!!
Prom on THURSDAY? THAT's different! Everyone here thought it was weird that Ali's prom was on Friday!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Just have to report... I AM SCRAPPING!!! I have the list of challenges up on my screen and I am doing the color challenge. Doin' it digi. So great that I can scrap even tho my scrappy table/desk is a mess! I said the h*ll with cleaning up today, I want to scrap! Can anybody guess what my subject is, and what color I am adding to the brown? :-D

ImageImage Image Image  

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:Just have to report... I AM SCRAPPING!!! I have the list of challenges up on my screen and I am doing the color challenge. Doin' it digi. So great that I can scrap even tho my scrappy table/desk is a mess! I said the h*ll with cleaning up today, I want to scrap! Can anybody guess what my subject is, and what color I am adding to the brown? :-D

Yay!!!!!

Hhhmmm....Miss Twinkie....and the color will probably be PINK!?!?!?
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

blbabe1234 wrote:
pawprints wrote:Just have to report... I AM SCRAPPING!!! I have the list of challenges up on my screen and I am doing the color challenge. Doin' it digi. So great that I can scrap even tho my scrappy table/desk is a mess! I said the h*ll with cleaning up today, I want to scrap! Can anybody guess what my subject is, and what color I am adding to the brown? :-D

Yay!!!!!

LOL! Now what makes you say that Brandy? :winkb:

ImageImage Image Image  

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

Here are two non-challenge projects I got completed today!

Kim

Image Image  
average_kim
Cherry Cropper

Post by average_kim »

blbabe1234 wrote:
average_kim wrote:I've been scrapping a little! I made a card for a friend. It's of a hula bear, and I put the bear on an action wobble--I'll try to post a pic later of it. Then I finished a title for a layout I made about 2 months ago! I've just learned how to weld letters together with my Gypsy--I hate having titles with lots of letters to glue down, but it worked out with the welding! Then I got two layouts done for challenges here. Thought I'd get another done, then take pictures of all of them and post!

I have a roast in the crock pot, and I just plan on opening a can of carrots and making instant mashed potatoes (hey, I crave them sometimes, lol, maybe that comes from all the years of eating in the school cafeteria, lol!). So I can scrap up until DH shows up from work!

I have a gypsy and didn't know you could weld letters together! Did you do an update on it or something? Very cool!

I'd seen it in magazines, and I get really frustrated that some of the controls' icons don't make sense really! But if you move your letters together until they touch (I sometimes overlap mine), then group them. Then go to the advanced controls and hit the button that has a star, circle and square on it, then when you click off that word, if it's red, then it's welded together. I haven't exactly perfected the technique, but it's working for me!
Kim

Image Image  
average_kim
Cherry Cropper

Post by average_kim »

Sorry, I'm not much of a techie on the Gypsy welding! Here's a link to a video. I love Joy's Life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wQKJFfbanI
Kim

Image Image  
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

pawprints wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:

Yay!!!!!

LOL! Now what makes you say that Brandy? :winkb:

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

average_kim wrote:Here are two non-challenge projects I got completed today!

These are both gorgeous!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

average_kim wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:
average_kim wrote:I've been scrapping a little! I made a card for a friend. It's of a hula bear, and I put the bear on an action wobble--I'll try to post a pic later of it. Then I finished a title for a layout I made about 2 months ago! I've just learned how to weld letters together with my Gypsy--I hate having titles with lots of letters to glue down, but it worked out with the welding! Then I got two layouts done for challenges here. Thought I'd get another done, then take pictures of all of them and post!

I have a roast in the crock pot, and I just plan on opening a can of carrots and making instant mashed potatoes (hey, I crave them sometimes, lol, maybe that comes from all the years of eating in the school cafeteria, lol!). So I can scrap up until DH shows up from work!

I have a gypsy and didn't know you could weld letters together! Did you do an update on it or something? Very cool!

I'd seen it in magazines, and I get really frustrated that some of the controls' icons don't make sense really! But if you move your letters together until they touch (I sometimes overlap mine), then group them. Then go to the advanced controls and hit the button that has a star, circle and square on it, then when you click off that word, if it's red, then it's welded together. I haven't exactly perfected the technique, but it's working for me!

Sweet! I'm gonna definetly try that!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

average_kim wrote:Sorry, I'm not much of a techie on the Gypsy welding! Here's a link to a video. I love Joy's Life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wQKJFfbanI

Thank you for the link! :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

I made a card and did 6 layouts today. I'm surprised I got so much done since I got a late start since I made lunch and brought to dh at work to surprise him.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

butterfly843 wrote:I made a card and did 6 layouts today. I'm surprised I got so much done since I got a late start since I made lunch and brought to dh at work to surprise him.

Wow! You sure were on a roll today! WTG!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”