Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

MominCT

Cherry Blossom

Thickers Storage
I saw something in the gallery I liked, does anyone store them in plastic magazine holders? I have mine in a huge wooden bin but its not organized enough for me!
*Danielle - Married since 6/2/01 & Mom of 2 Boys - 9 & 11
ImageImage

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Re: Thickers Storage
I have mine stacked vertically in a plastic crate. I'm able to go two wide and about 75 deep this way. I have them sorted by color.
Rebecca

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

I have mine sorted by color in plastic drawers!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I have mine in plastic drawers but the are just hodge podge--not sorted!
Susan

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

I wish I had enough to sort! I have only one set right now, and they are orange with red polka dots. Apparently.. that really caught my eye one day! :)
- Jillian

Cards4Ever

Cherry Picker

I got this box at Marshall's it can hold 60 packs of Thickers. I am using it to store all my alphabet stickers. I have over 50 sheets in it with room to grow.
Mandi My Blog

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I keep mine on the wall, I use a pot and pan rack I got from Ikea. There are a bunch on each clip and I also rotate them out. I also have a big plastic tub full of alphabets.

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

Here's a pic of how I store my thickers. Love it. Easy to thumb through. I have about 60 pkgs. with room for probably about 25 more pkgs. I found this milk crate at Walmart several months ago. It is about 1/2 the width of a regular milk crate. So light and fits in smaller spaces. Easy to take to crops or keep close by when scrapping.

Image ImageImage

debamas

Wild Cherry

I have mine in long drawers, by color. My only problem is once I open a pack, I have the hardest time getting them back inside the plastic sleeve. All those plastic sleeves with the glued down tops...I can't get the embellies or whatever to slide back in without sticking to that edge!
Debbie

ammielou

Sweet Cherry Pie

you guys are killing me!! i don't have any thikers and just got my first roll of washi tape.
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 

MominCT

Cherry Blossom

Amy don't feel bad - I have no washi tape :)

I looove the milk crate, once we move I'm definitely putting them in my craft room. Hope you don't mind if I lift the idea!
*Danielle - Married since 6/2/01 & Mom of 2 Boys - 9 & 11
ImageImage

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

aghh....love the milk crate idea, too! With two homes my Thickers travel a huge amount. They are in a tote and get switched out about every other weekend when I'm at the ranch. I'll go through the summer this way and in September I'll be back at the ranch as we pick and start to ready our next show string. We had the entire show string retire this year.

When I'm at ranch home they are organized by type and then color. By type: Foam, glitter, chipboard, vinyl (faux leather), puffy, mistables, etc. Maybe I'm strange I pick by type first. My favorites are now mistables and of course they are all the same color.

glo85cam

Cherry Jubilee

jrrah4903 wrote:I wish I had enough to sort! I have only one set right now, and they are orange with red polka dots. Apparently.. that really caught my eye one day! :)

I'm with you! lol I bought a set of cute pink ones in Big Lots today....think that makes 4 sets that I have now. ;)
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]

bay63

Cherry Bing

debamas wrote:I have mine in long drawers, by color. My only problem is once I open a pack, I have the hardest time getting them back inside the plastic sleeve. All those plastic sleeves with the glued down tops...I can't get the embellies or whatever to slide back in without sticking to that edge!

That drives me CRAZY! I try to put them back and just end up frustrated and just throw them back in the package
ImageImage Image

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

glo85cam wrote:
jrrah4903 wrote:I wish I had enough to sort! I have only one set right now, and they are orange with red polka dots. Apparently.. that really caught my eye one day! :)

I'm with you! lol I bought a set of cute pink ones in Big Lots today....think that makes 4 sets that I have now. ;)

ohhh, I forgot about Big Lots - I used to find scrappy steals in there all the time, I haven't been in a couple years. Better hit them up!
- Jillian

cajenkins81

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have mine half-way in a 3ring binder in sleeves, thrown in a box. So I just kinda dig thru there and see what I can find. I don't have 50 packs like y'all, but then again I just started scrapping again a few weeks ago, so I'll have plenty of time to buy more!! I LOOOOVE the half a milk crate, I'm gonna have to look for one of those!!

For the ladies who say you have none, keep an eye on when they go half-price at Hobby Lobby, or check out some daily deals sites like Peachy Cheap or Crop Chocolate. That's the only way I buy mine, such a great price. I LOVE my thickers!!
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I have found Thickers for cheap anywhere from $1.50 -2.50 a pack at the following: Big Lots/Hobby Lobby/TJ Maxx Just gotta hit it at the right time I guess! If you are lucky enough to live where they have HB and a TJ Maxx you could pop in anytime!!
Susan

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

Hmmmm.....I don't have 50 sets but I do have mine in a manilla folder. I have gotten several sets lately.

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

I sort mine by color into plastic sleeves put into a 3 ring binder
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

debamas

Wild Cherry

jrrah4903 wrote:
glo85cam wrote:

ohhh, I forgot about Big Lots - I used to find scrappy steals in there all the time, I haven't been in a couple years. Better hit them up!

I stocked up on Thickers from Big Lots years ago...not too much there now. But I have a nice stash and several just plain cardstock ones I can color myself.
Debbie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee