Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

So do you mat your pics before placing on your layouts?

Total votes: 45
#1 Nope No votes
#2 Sometimes (32) 71%
#3 Always (13) 29%

Kristin

Cherry Cola

Do You Mat?
I'm in the #3 camp - starting to work on my ds's grad board and I seem to want to mat every photo with cardstock of course.

blfonty

Cherry Cola

Re: Do You Mat?
I'm an "over" mat-ter and trying to reform. I've been known to have 7 or 8 layers if you count the background, too.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Melissa S.

Sweet Cherry Pie

I used to, then I quit. Now I usually just leave a white border around the photos and mat it a lot of times or not at all :)

Deanna13

A Cherry on Top

I nearly always do. I like the extra support for the photo and I think it also highlights the photo better.
Image Image ImageImage

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

I do, but I sometimes don't. :) I don't like doing it at all, I wish it was one of the things the "easy button" could do for me!
- Jillian

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't....totally depends on the layout, the picture, the papers in the background, etc. If the paper is busy, sometimes I will mat just to delineate the edges of the photo. If it's minimalistic...it often doesn't need it. Just depends! How is THAT for a non answer?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

It all depends on how I want to display the photo(s). Sometimes I mat them, sometimes I don't.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Most of the time I do, really depends on the layout and the paper I'm using.

stateless

Cherry Garcia

I mat more often than not, but if I think I can get way without doing it I'm all for that! I am lazy!
- Valerie/stateless

debamas

Wild Cherry

Most times but lately, I've not so much and wonder if I should've.
Debbie

glo85cam

Cherry Jubilee

Sometimes
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

I went through a time where I wasn't matting much if at all. But now, I'm putting a lot more "work" into my LO's, and I've been matting more and more.
Kim

Image Image  

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

I'm in the number three camp too! I find that I want to "frame" the photos, and make them pop from the background.
Laurie

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I actually mat about 90% of the time. There are times when it just does not work, but I love the way it draws you to the picture!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Sometimes I mat. I do not feel obligated to do so. If I feel like it, I do.
Bibi

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Sometimes I mat, and sometimes I don't. Just depends on the pictures and the look I am going for.
ImageImageImageImage

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I think I am in the middle. Depends on what the pic and the layout is....
Susan

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

I am a matter all the way.

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Since I've been layering so much, I feel the mat is often too much. So more than not, I've not been matting my photos. I used to hate the "not matted" look, but love the layering so it's going by the wayside for me.

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It all depends on the look I am trying to get.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee