1grandma

Cherry Addict

Re: Idol or The Voice?
Neither for me. I only watch DWTS.
Bibi

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

no I don't watch either one. My "reality" shows are usually house hunter, construction/renovation, and farmy/country shows on RFD TV. I am old(er) and dull that way or so I have been told. lol

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

I definitly prefer the Voice!! got caught up in it last season and I just LOVE the fun banter between the judges and how NICE they are to the contestants, heck even the contestants are (for the most part) great working together. The fact that it is more supportive and positive makes it the best :)
Image Image

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I have watched an episode here and there at different times but do not follow.
Susan

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I watched Idol only and no longer. I started watching because my niece found it great to call me on the East coast and ask who was eliminated so she could tease her parents. But this year - the switch of the judges was just too much to continue for me, but the West Coast family watches - but not my niece anymore, either.
I saw the Voice once, and couldn't enjoy it. So that was that.

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

The Voice is were it's at for me. I was an Idol fan up until the third season. I totally believe it is rigged and will no longer watch it. I think the judges are insane and rude. I like the idea The Voice has were the contestants are judged soley on their voice. Idol makes me believe that not only do you have to have a wonderful voice, but it is all about appearance as well. Like you have to be model thin and drop dead gorgeous. That is not so on The Voice :inlove:
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I don't watch either one. Rarely do you hear a standout voice and I can't stand the judges.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

scrappyjo

Cherry Blossom

Idol... I got hooked on it with my daughter..it was THE time when teenagers know it all and we were having the issues that all mothers and teen daughters go through ..anyhow she said mom come watch this show with me...I believe it was the year Taylor hicks won, but we still have that in common, a newly married woman and she still comes to the house every Thursday to watch the result show...

She even tried out for idol....so idol for me:-D !!
Scrappyjo

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

DH and I watch the voice
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I watch neither
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

neither :winkb: I am not much of a reality TV person (although I LOVE DWTS) but I do LOVE the music that comes from Idol...such as Kelly Clarkson, Daughtery and Carrie Underwood :)
SUS ImageImageImage

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I watch them both, have always been a huge idol fan from season 1, but must say too much drama with the judges in idol this year, I like the voice better.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

doviana

Sweet Cherry Pie

Don't watch either one... The hubby would be afraid his TV would blow up if I did.... LOL

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

The Voice is my choice, although Idol has Keith Urban. He is the only reason I watch once in awhile.

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Ayla wrote:I don't watch either one. Rarely do you hear a standout voice and I can't stand the judges.
How do you know you don't like the judges/coaches if you don't watch? ;)
Image Image

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

mgehrke wrote:The Voice is were it's at for me. I was an Idol fan up until the third season. I totally believe it is rigged and will no longer watch it. I think the judges are insane and rude. I like the idea The Voice has were the contestants are judged soley on their voice. Idol makes me believe that not only do you have to have a wonderful voice, but it is all about appearance as well. Like you have to be model thin and drop dead gorgeous. That is not so on The Voice :inlove:
Well... for one thing the judges have changed twice since Season 3. And the 'voice-only' is only for the blind auditions of The Voice, after that they do take into consideration who has 'star quality.' And whatever else you say, only Idol has produced stars, as well asn a lot of others making it in the business. I have yet to hear anything from any Voice winners (ok I did hear a duet Cee-Lo did with Vikki on the radio a little, but not any solo acts).

As I said I love them both, so it's fun to be able to discuss them!
Image Image

harper828

Cherry Bing

I stopped watchng American Idol when Simon and J-Lo left. I do like The Voice, since they're picking people based on their actual talent and not their looks.
Live, Love and Create

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee