Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

sherry

Cherry Bing

RIBBON GLUE
Once again, I have not been on the forum in a good long while- used to get on it daily but my life has turned upside down with sick family members and care etc. It's been crazy, crazy. But I get the best advice on here for my various scrap needs, always. The best tips.

Ok- glue for ribbon- asked this question maybe 2 months ago and got several suggestions. I bought the Making Memories Ribbon Glue and I do like it very much and it does the trick great, but I feel it is expensive for the little bitty tube. Does anyone know if that age old Aileen's Tacky Glue will work? It's a much larger bottle and much cheaper. Appreciate any response. Thank you!!!!

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Re: RIBBON GLUE
I just use my ATG. IT works fine.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

cort

Cherry Bing

I will sometimes run pieces of ribbon through my xyron to make it adhesive.
ImageImage

sherry

Cherry Bing

Yes, I've used the Xyron on lighter ribbons, but the heavier lace pieces I've been using lately, that doesn't work. No one uses Aileen's Tacky Glue?

sakura-panda

Cherry Blossom

I use Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue (green and white bottle) or the Xyron "X" for ribbon -- somehow, I've never been able to get the glue from my ATG to stick to them.

I always think of Tacky Glue as a not-photo-safe craft glue. I just Googled it and found that isn't true, but it just isn't something I think about using. (And I think I do have a bottle of it somewhere.)
~ Katie ~

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Anything is safe around photos these days - we have strayed so far away from the acid free/lignin free stuff it isn't funny. Do you think metal embellishments won't rust over time? Do you think the fabric won't yellow? I've already had paperclips rust - not the store ones - the scrapbook ones. So the thought now is that as long as you keep the fluff stuff away from your photos - you're good.

Just be sure your photos are adhered with safe glue, and use what you want on the rest of the page. REALLY.

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Maybe I don't use that much ribbon, but I love the MM Ribbon Glue & mine seems to be lasting quite a while. :)
Image Image

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

I tend to use Glue Dots for ribbon. The longer the piece...the more I use. If I have it going all the way across the page I probably use 4 dots total.

Glue drives me crazy...cuz it has to dry...I'm FAR too impatient for that jazz. :winkb:

blfonty

Cherry Cola

Depending on the ribbon, I like glue dots, glue lines, and Xyron or I use my regular Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro when it will stick.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

I use Aleens tacky glue for lots of things - it holds really well and you don't need a huge amount - just dot it along very thinly. A bottle will last forever. For sheer ribbons it may show through but it's fine for thicker ones
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee