We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

cropjester

Cherry Blossom

Need Help Cherries!
I'm selling some stuff at the annual LSS "garage sale". It was ten dollars for display space (had a store credit to cover) items can be new/gently used. AFter the sale I can choose 80% of the profits in store credit OR 65% in cash. I NEED HELP PRICING! Here are a few items:

Cricut Cartridges - unlinked (some are "rare")
Books by Stacy Julian, Wendy Smedley, Beckie Higgins
Acrylic stamps sheets - new or gently used (should I sell seperately or in 3 or six packs)sell for 9.99 each new
Ribbon - grab bags that fill an 8x10 plastic bag
prima flowers in jars - I took out ten jars dumped on floor, mixed up and put back in jar
Various page kits - example 6-10 WEbsters pages paper/prima flowers/tags/butterfly mask
Making Memories white spinny desk thing (used for scissors, adhesive,pens etc)
Clip it Up - with two layers - that thing that you clip your embellies to its a desk top spinny rack

Im not looking to get rich. The sale is 6 days long, and I dont want to bring stuff home.

SO CHERRIES...
Please give me price suggestions AND tell me what you thing is better, cash or credit
Cropjester- a fool who scraps; newlywed, grandmother and personal assistant to Mike the Pomeranian Prince.

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Need Help Cherries!
Definitely cash - since the store has to pay fees on credit card purchases I'm surprised they're making that an option, unless they also pass the fees along to you.

As for pricing, look at what things are selling for on eBay. (Be sure to check "Completed Sales" at the left & then the green ones are the ones that actually sold.) You might be safe going a little higher than eBay prices since there's no shipping and people buy more when they actually see & touch stuff. Definitely no more than 50% of anything that's brand new.
Image Image

blfonty

Cherry Cola

I would say even 25% of new prices...good luck!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

ZELDAdog

Cherry Tart

I was gonna suggest look at prices on ebay too...especially for the Cricut carts...
Jenny

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Will you be there for the sale at all? If so, I'd price higher in the beginning, and then lower the prices the last two days. JMHO. I did this once with a stamp store - and they offered to keep what didn't sell and donate to the local Women in Crisis shelter. It gives these ladies things to do while they are in the shelter.

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

I'd suggest 25-40%, definitely less than half of the original price if you really want the stuff to sell. We did a yard sale before moving and I can tell you I made a butt-load of money and had very little leftover. Imagine 5 boxes of kids clothes and I was handing out plastic grocery bags to "fill for $1". No other booth sold as many clothes as I did. People don't care how much you paid, for them they want a deal or nothing. You may hate to part with this stuff for so cheap cause you know how much you spent on it but you have to reason that right now it's not making you anything, sold, you could walk away with gas money or a nice lunch. :)

Cricut Cartridges - tend to retail like $30 right? You may be able to get $10-15 at the very most.
Books by Stacy Julian, Wendy Smedley, Beckie Higgins - I know those books cost a bundle, I have a few to get rid of too but I'm thinking $3 is the best I could do. Mags are worse, I was pushing .25, making deals like $1 for 6.
Acrylic stamps sheets - I'd go separate cause that is how I'd buy. stamps are a pretty good bet but we're talking $3 to $5 if it's a larger set, like 10 pieces.
Ribbon - grab bags that fill an 8x10 plastic bag - $1-2, I don't know if you could push it for more than that
prima flowers in jars - $2-3. flowers never go out of style and they are prima
Various page kits - tough to say really. Try adding up based on the size of the kit, .10-.20 per paper, .25 for coordinating embellishments, and try to keep a kit under $5.
Making Memories white spinny desk thing (used for scissors, adhesive,pens etc) - I got this as a gift but if I was to buy it on my own I'd want to pay less than $10, maybe $7-8
Clip it Up - with two layers - you could probably get a good deal for this one. Don't know the original price but maybe $10.

like I said, if you really, really want to get the stuff gone, this is what I suggest. good luck!
Image Image

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Your Clip it Up thingy will sell if someone there is a demo of stamps or scrapbook supplies, so I wouldn't price that too low.

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee