We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Good Morning Oct 23
Good Morning! I got up this morning and made homemade biscuits. It is my second attemp. They turned out OK, but a little too well done on top. Crispy bits. I liked the crunch and ate them with sweet potatoe butter and another one with blackberry/peach jelly. They were too good.
I also talked to the insulation company and paid for two bags of insulation and the labor $140.00 for the inside walls to be insulated. I love having the inside walls done around the bathrooms-old ladies make some very unpleasant sounds in the bathroom. lol So, today, I want to do a little scrapping. I hope my mojo comes back!

What are your plans for this blessing of a day?
Bibi

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: Good Morning Oct 23
Good Morning - so far this morning has been very trying. I have an issue that I am working on and thought I had it figured out until someone else told me no. I am still questioning the answer the person gave me, because I don't believe it is true. So now I am a bit frusterated and have no place to turn. My team mate is on vacation and my manager is locked up in her office as usual. So I while I sit here stewing I thought I would check back in on the MB.

Bibi I hope you get to scrap today. I am planning on it after work. I need to get the Becky Fleck sketch done today as it is the last day.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

1grandma

Cherry Addict

mgehrke wrote:Good Morning - so far this morning has been very trying. I have an issue that I am working on and thought I had it figured out until someone else told me no. I am still questioning the answer the person gave me, because I don't believe it is true. So now I am a bit frusterated and have no place to turn. My team mate is on vacation and my manager is locked up in her office as usual. So I while I sit here stewing I thought I would check back in on the MB.

Bibi I hope you get to scrap today. I am planning on it after work. I need to get the Becky Fleck sketch done today as it is the last day.
Mildred, I hope you get the problem resolved soon. Therre is no point to being frustrated with it. It is what it is and until you get more input from your manager with the door shut, you are just stuck. Enjoy the time by being creative. I find that by letting go of the problem, it allows my brain to figure it out without me putting worry roadblocks in the way. Good luck!
Bibi

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

1grandma wrote:
mgehrke wrote:Good Morning - so far this morning has been very trying. I have an issue that I am working on and thought I had it figured out until someone else told me no. I am still questioning the answer the person gave me, because I don't believe it is true. So now I am a bit frusterated and have no place to turn. My team mate is on vacation and my manager is locked up in her office as usual. So I while I sit here stewing I thought I would check back in on the MB.

Mildred, I hope you get the problem resolved soon. Therre is no point to being frustrated with it. It is what it is and until you get more input from your manager with the door shut, you are just stuck. Enjoy the time by being creative. I find that by letting go of the problem, it allows my brain to figure it out without me putting worry roadblocks in the way. Good luck!
Thanks Bibi - I will. I just sent an email to the person to let them know where I am at with this. I am done with it for now and won't think about it again until I can meet up with my manager.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Morning Mildred and Bibi.

Bibi - those biscuits sound yummy. I can't make homemade biscuits to save my life. That's why I have DH.
:)

Mildred - sorry to hear about the issue at work. Listen to Bibi - she's right on to have you just temporarily push that problem aside and just sit back and relax. Come back to it later and I'm sure you can resolve it. And rather quickly too.

I finally finished that report for my client, so I've got more things to work. I want to try to knock things out with my mom still staying with my brother and me having the house to myself until DH gets home.

I too hope to scrap later today. Didn't get to yesterday, and yesterday was when I had really needed to...just to get away and stop thinking about things.

Hope you all have a great day!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

blbabe1234 wrote:Morning Mildred and Bibi.

Bibi - those biscuits sound yummy. I can't make homemade biscuits to save my life. That's why I have DH.

Mildred - sorry to hear about the issue at work. Listen to Bibi - she's right on to have you just temporarily push that problem aside and just sit back and relax. Come back to it later and I'm sure you can resolve it. And rather quickly too.

I finally finished that report for my client, so I've got more things to work. I want to try to knock things out with my mom still staying with my brother and me having the house to myself until DH gets home.

I too hope to scrap later today. Didn't get to yesterday, and yesterday was when I had really needed to...just to get away and stop thinking about things.

I know how nice it is to have the house all to yourself! No one to interrupt or put in their two cents worth, either. I tell you what; lets have a mini crop at any time you pick this afternoon. You tell me and we can scrap together!
Bibi

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Oh yes, the biscuits sound so good!!! And Mildred, hang in there, I hope it is all taken care of soon. I am off to a very late start today!!! Last night I could not sleep, so when I actually fell asleep, it was 6 this morning. So.....all the things I need to do to get ready for our vacation tomorrow, well, I am sitting here waking up with my cappuccino, way behind schedule!!!! Must be I am getting anxious?????? Not a long vacation, but any is much needed right now. We are heading 5 hours away to the mountains, where we rented a cabin for the next 3 days!!!!I am so in need of the quiet and nature after the past few months, and I am hopeful the trees will be in full color. Here at the beach we do not get much change. If I get everything done, I will be around later to scrap, hope to finish the BF challenge before deadline. You all have a great day, enjoy!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

1grandma wrote:

I know how nice it is to have the house all to yourself! No one to interrupt or put in their two cents worth, either. I tell you what; lets have a mini crop at any time you pick this afternoon. You tell me and we can scrap together!

That sounds AWESOME Bibi! How about 3pm today? That should give me plenty of time to do what I need to do work-wise!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Oh yes, the biscuits sound so good!!! And Mildred, hang in there, I hope it is all taken care of soon. I am off to a very late start today!!! Last night I could not sleep, so when I actually fell asleep, it was 6 this morning. So.....all the things I need to do to get ready for our vacation tomorrow, well, I am sitting here waking up with my cappuccino, way behind schedule!!!! Must be I am getting anxious?????? Not a long vacation, but any is much needed right now. We are heading 5 hours away to the mountains, where we rented a cabin for the next 3 days!!!!I am so in need of the quiet and nature after the past few months, and I am hopeful the trees will be in full color. Here at the beach we do not get much change. If I get everything done, I will be around later to scrap, hope to finish the BF challenge before deadline. You all have a great day, enjoy!

Why don't you join me and Bibi around 3pm today. That's when we'll be getting our "scrap" on!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Oh, Susan, I hope the colors are pretty for you too! I had posted on Facebook a couple of days ago about whether it was my imagination or were the colors extra intense this year? They have been gorgeous in my neck of the woods!

I slept until 1pm...amazing considering I didn't work last night. I had been up until 3am, got up at 6.30am to take the kids to school, was back to sleep by 9am. I feel like I've lost my day, but at the same time I feel great!

I'm working on an altered project that will be for one of the monthly challenges....I'm pleased with how it is turning out so far. Maybe I can get it done today. Otherwise...no real plans. We had thought about going golfing but the rain that was forecast for tonight came last night and this morning instead, so golf is out. Oh well..maybe tomorrow!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Up at 7:30 ugh. Usual morning routine, make bed, fix breakfast, tidy up kitchen, take shower, get dressed. lol then I started a load of wash. Addressed some cards and wrote nice notes in them (hate to do the notes). And now goofing till time to go to my pedi. After pedi, drugstore, gas station, and market. Leftover soup for supper tonight. Fairly productive day for a lazy woman.

Hope everybody has a wonderful and safe day.

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

blbabe1234 wrote:
oceanbreezes423 wrote:Oh yes, the biscuits sound so good!!! And Mildred, hang in there, I hope it is all taken care of soon. I am off to a very late start today!!! Last night I could not sleep, so when I actually fell asleep, it was 6 this morning. So.....all the things I need to do to get ready for our vacation tomorrow, well, I am sitting here waking up with my cappuccino, way behind schedule!!!! Must be I am getting anxious?????? Not a long vacation, but any is much needed right now. We are heading 5 hours away to the mountains, where we rented a cabin for the next 3 days!!!!I am so in need of the quiet and nature after the past few months, and I am hopeful the trees will be in full color. Here at the beach we do not get much change. If I get everything done, I will be around later to scrap, hope to finish the BF challenge before deadline. You all have a great day, enjoy!

Why don't you join me and Bibi around 3pm today. That's when we'll be getting our "scrap" on!

3pm, will do my best to join in!!!! Making HUGE progress getting around, so it is possible!!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

ZELDAdog

Cherry Tart

I'm pooped! Had a field trip with my 2nd grader today. We went to a local Science Center...where we've been a gazillion times. But they usually have a few new things each time we go. This was my 3rd field trip in 3 weeks...I'm OVER field trips for now!It'll be time to pick up the other 2 in about 20 minutes. They have Cub Scouts tonight. So more running around...UGH.That's my day...
Jenny

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

I'm at work - scrapping - but at work. LOL I kind of like what I'm doing - I promise I'll show you guys - but right now it's part of the "Mystery Kit" I got from the UK. When they post - I'll post .

Those biscuits DO sound yummy. I love peach.

Where in South Carolina are you? My very good friend lives there - in Irmo? I've never been there - heck, I've never been to Florida - I've been just about every where in the US but that part - Southeast.

m1218p

Cherry Picker

Well, my day is pretty screwed up so far. My back was hurting yesterday afternoon so I took a muscle relaxer and laid down for a nap. FIVE HOURS LATER, I woke up. So I ended up staying up late last night and sleeping later than usual this morning. I shuffled out here in my robe and slippers to find an e-mail from someone who wanted me to revise a legal contract for him. And, after all, he sent it to me last night so he wanted to know just exactly when I'd have it finished! Once I got it done, after dealing with the Jehovah's Witnesses and the water delivery guy who showed up at my door, he informed me the other party to the contract is in travel status and he's so happy he now has plenty of time to review it. Nevermind the stress he put on me!

So, finally at noon, my day is mine. I have been unable to do anything much in the house for the last 3 days. And, though I'm doing better, I sure can't jump in with both feet today. But, I need to see what I can do to salvage the place. And, some design work would be a good idea too!

Bibi, I may end up having biscuits for breakfast/lunch (I haven't eaten yet today) all because of you. That DOES sound good! Mildred, cut your manager some slack! And, relax. From the manager's point of view: when I was a manager, if I left my door open, there was literally a line outside of it. I was able to help my employees get their work done, but the only way I got mine done was by working 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. Sooner or later, she'll have to come out of that office to get some coffee or use the restroom. Waylay her then, LOL.

I wish I could hang around and write more, but some folks actually have the crazy idea that I'll put out a new kit next week. I think I'd better get on it!
Proudly creating for Bella Gypsy Designs

1grandma

Cherry Addict

blbabe1234 wrote:
1grandma wrote:

That sounds AWESOME Bibi! How about 3pm today? That should give me plenty of time to do what I need to do work-wise!

The world cut loose about 1:30 and I am only just now back from running errands that were unplanned. Sorry. But I am going to do the BF challenge now. Are you still around? I can only hope.
Bibi

1grandma

Cherry Addict

ZELDAdog wrote:I'm pooped! Had a field trip with my 2nd grader today. We went to a local Science Center...where we've been a gazillion times. But they usually have a few new things each time we go. This was my 3rd field trip in 3 weeks...I'm OVER field trips for now!It'll be time to pick up the other 2 in about 20 minutes. They have Cub Scouts tonight. So more running around...UGH.That's my day...
Busy, busy. I loved CS but they wore me out!
Bibi

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

1grandma wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:
1grandma wrote: I know how nice it is to have the house all to yourself! No one to interrupt or put in their two cents worth, either. I tell you what; lets have a mini crop at any time you pick this afternoon. You tell me and we can scrap together!

The world cut loose about 1:30 and I am only just now back from running errands that were unplanned. Sorry. But I am going to do the BF challenge now. Are you still around? I can only hope.

Hi Bibi. I'm watching tv and hanging out on here during commercials. I didn't get to scrap much either - work got crazy busy and I finally got to sit down at 4:30, but a edger punch I was using decided to get clogged with the paper. So I fumbled with that. I BARELY finished that two pager I started on Saturday.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

The world cut loose about 1:30 and I am only just now back from running errands that were unplanned. Sorry. But I am going to do the BF challenge now. Are you still around? I can only hope.[/quote]

Hi Bibi. I'm watching tv and hanging out on here during commercials. I didn't get to scrap much either - work got crazy busy and I finally got to sit down at 4:30, but a edger punch I was using decided to get clogged with the paper. So I fumbled with that. I BARELY finished that two pager I started on Saturday.[/quote]
I just completed the BF #23! It is the first time I have scrapped in over a week! Just not mojo. But you induced me. Thanks. It helps to know you have a partner somewhere. LOL
Bibi

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

1grandma wrote:The world cut loose about 1:30 and I am only just now back from running errands that were unplanned. Sorry. But I am going to do the BF challenge now. Are you still around? I can only hope.

Hi Bibi. I'm watching tv and hanging out on here during commercials. I didn't get to scrap much either - work got crazy busy and I finally got to sit down at 4:30, but a edger punch I was using decided to get clogged with the paper. So I fumbled with that. I BARELY finished that two pager I started on Saturday.[/quote]
I just completed the BF #23! It is the first time I have scrapped in over a week! Just not mojo. But you induced me. Thanks. It helps to know you have a partner somewhere. LOL[/quote]

Awe...you're so sweet Bibi. And you're welcome! Can't wait to see your LO! :-D
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee