Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

m1218p

Cherry Picker

Re: Learn to digi scrap
Lynda Kay, that is one very real and exciting aspect of digital scrapbooking. You can print as many copies as you need. You can buy a 12 x 12 printer, you can scrap at 12x12 and print on regular photo paper at 8 x 8 (this is what I do) or you can scrap 8.5 x 11. In any case if you do a page and you need 8 copies, you just print them! Or have Walmart or Costco or somebody more high fallutin' do it. You could find yourself really unenthusiastic about creating several scrapbooks for various family members if you had to paper scrap them! But with digi, you scrap it once and print as many as you need.
Proudly creating for Bella Gypsy Designs

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

I am so very interested in learning, but I am not sure I can afford PSE before you start your classes. I certainly am going to look into it.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

m1218p wrote:Lynda Kay, that is one very real and exciting aspect of digital scrapbooking. You can print as many copies as you need. You can buy a 12 x 12 printer, you can scrap at 12x12 and print on regular photo paper at 8 x 8 (this is what I do) or you can scrap 8.5 x 11. In any case if you do a page and you need 8 copies, you just print them! Or have Walmart or Costco or somebody more high fallutin' do it. You could find yourself really unenthusiastic about creating several scrapbooks for various family members if you had to paper scrap them! But with digi, you scrap it once and print as many as you need.

Thanks again for offering this class and I am eager to be in it. I have an Epson printer that will handle 12x12, so I'm ready to put it to use on heritage pages. I have so many photos to scan and work with, including those of my great grandmother who lived from 1862 - 1962. I used to walk her across the street when I was 6 to my grandmother's house for dinner. I would love to do her justice with a lovely page or two.

Lynda

m1218p

Cherry Picker

Mildred, try e-bay. I took just 5 minutes or less and found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adobe-Photoshop ... 3cc9eaff6e

Thats PSE9 for $40. You might be able to find something better if you take more than 5 minutes! :) :inlove:

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

For those that aren't sure where to buy PSE, you can always download a 30-day trial version from Adobe here. There are instructions in this link to convert to a full version.

This is how I got started. I wasn't sure if I was ready for "prime-time", but it only took me about 3 or 4 layouts to get fully hooked.
Laurie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

letumom wrote:For those that aren't sure where to buy PSE, you can always download a 30-day trial version from Adobe here. There are instructions in this link to convert to a full version.

This is how I got started. I wasn't sure if I was ready for "prime-time", but it only took me about 3 or 4 layouts to get fully hooked.
That's what I was going to say! Gotta love 30 day trials. And it isn't a shorter program, it's the full program, you just only get it for 30 days.

I use PSE9.... I had a trial of PSE8 at the time and by the time I went to buy, PSE9 had comeout and that was all I could get online lol.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Ok, please sign me up if you have room for one more. I will try the 30 day trial one first and see how things go for me. I am excited to try digi scrapping.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

clandse

Cherry Tart

Sounds fun! I'm in. I have always wanted to learn how.
Candy

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

Well, I searched Amazon, and there are no more PSE 8 for $37.00, which is what I paid July 2! sorry
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

m1218p

Cherry Picker

Good Morning Ladies! I see the following people who are sure they are signing up: Debbie, jnet, cynderellaj, writerlady, LyndaKay, Mildred, and clandse. That makes 7. I have room for 3 more. My primary concern in limiting the class is just to try to be sure I have time to answer all your questions.

I am looking into the possibility of setting up a little forum for us off-site. That way you can leave comments/questions, I can leave answers, you can post your layouts there, I can post links to the tutorials there so you can download them. We'll see if this works out. I hope so!

You can't beat a PSE FREE trial for cheap. If you're concerned you may not like digi scrapping that's a good way to go. If you're concerned you won't be able to do it, fogeddaboutit. You WILL learn. I'm not going to let you fail. The only way this won't work for you is if you give up. Yes, there is a learning curve. I admit I'm still learning things about this marvelous program called PSE and I've been using various versions of it for 7 years. But, the objective is to be able to scrap a layout, not master the thing, during this class. So, you can do it!

I've already written the first week's tutorial. It's boring. But, necessary. I'll probably work on the more exciting second week's tutorial this weekend. I can hardly wait to get started!

debamas

Wild Cherry

m1218p wrote:Good Morning Ladies! I see the following people who are sure they are signing up: Debbie, jnet, cynderellaj, writerlady, LyndaKay, Mildred, and clandse. That makes 7. I have room for 3 more. My primary concern in limiting the class is just to try to be sure I have time to answer all your questions.

I am looking into the possibility of setting up a little forum for us off-site. That way you can leave comments/questions, I can leave answers, you can post your layouts there, I can post links to the tutorials there so you can download them. We'll see if this works out. I hope so!

You can't beat a PSE FREE trial for cheap. If you're concerned you may not like digi scrapping that's a good way to go. If you're concerned you won't be able to do it, fogeddaboutit. You WILL learn. I'm not going to let you fail. The only way this won't work for you is if you give up. Yes, there is a learning curve. I admit I'm still learning things about this marvelous program called PSE and I've been using various versions of it for 7 years. But, the objective is to be able to scrap a layout, not master the thing, during this class. So, you can do it!

I've already written the first week's tutorial. It's boring. But, necessary. I'll probably work on the more exciting second week's tutorial this weekend. I can hardly wait to get started!
Looking forward to it. I think I'll do the free trial. It's good to know it's the full version too. I have a feeling I'm going to like it very much once I've had some instructions. Thanks for doing this!
Debbie

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

I agree with Debbie about doing the free trial first. I am sure I will probably like it to. I am excited to start this too. I am going to wait to download it until the night before your class starts. I also thank you for doing this. It is very nice of you.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Can't wait for the classes to start!! :)

Lynda

m1218p

Cherry Picker

Lynda, I'm excited too! We tried to set up a message board off site. We got most of my creative team set up. Do you want to guess who we can't get set up????? Me! I know there will be times when someone from the team will be online and I won't, so I thought it would be a great idea if they could stop by and answer questions in between times when I'm there. I plan on being there OFTEN, multiple times a day, but it never hurts to have extra help. Most of my creative team are "old hands" at digi scrapping. There a bunch of ways to do most everything in PSE and different points of view could be helpful. Maybe they can phrase something in a way that makes it easier for you where I can't. But, because I now have a group of which I cannot be a member, we kind of decided THAT wasn't going to work, LOL.

I've put in a request with Brandon, here at ACOT, to see what they can set up for us. I figure if they're going to advertise my free class all over scrapdom by placing it in the Digi News (people get paid for this at other sites, LOL), maybe they'll be willing to give us a forum here. By the way, I was not in the least unhappy that little blurb appeared in the Digi News. In fact, I was tickled about it. But, a forum sure would be a help! I know I can get us something at my other store's site, but I don't think that would be right. You all are ACOT people and it's only right we hold the class here, not at another store. Anyway we'll see what they can do to help us out.

I want a place that's kind of private. You're going to have mixed feelings about your first couple of layouts. On the good side, you're gonna be so proud of yourself for doing whatever you've done. And you're going to see that there's amazing potential to improve. But, you might be disappointed that it doesn't look like some of the layouts you've seen in the digi gallery. (That's called expecting too much of yourself, LOL.) We've all learned to walk while falling down a bunch. Maybe we've learned to play the piano while hitting a LOT of sour notes. It just takes practice.

I'm ready to get this show on the road!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Speaking as one who has been blessed enough to participate on creative teams, I really want to encourage those of you who are giving this a try. My first digi layouts were pathetic, and if it weren't for the fact they show the progress I made, I would never show them to anyone! My first attempts came out of a determination that I was NOT going to be unable to do something others could do..yes, I tried out of pure stubbornness. This was the first digi layout I posted....

It certainly left a LOT to be desired! But with the patience of those here on the boards, and a lot of trial and error, my skills improved. I have done layouts I never would have considered in paper, such as a eulogy to a dead mouse (the laptop kind) and a daily album for December 2010. And I think my favorite layout changes with each new one I do, but digi scrapping also got me to start an album about me, so that my kids will get to know "Nancy", and not just "Mom." This is one layout from that album....

My venture into digi land began with a journaling challenge that took off (and I think you all know how much I journal now! lol).... What will be YOUR trigger to dig your toes and earn some cookies?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

m1218p

Cherry Picker

Ladies, I have the BEST news. I am in love with Brandon, er, something about that doesn't sound right. Let me rephrase. I sent Brandon a message over the weekend and he responded this morning. I would not have been even a little shocked if he'd said "Are you crazy? I can't do that by September 1st!!!!!!!" But, he didn't. He said "sure"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to have an area on the boards called "Learn to digi scrap" with an area for me to post the tutorials and an area for Questions and Answers and an area for you to post your layouts!!!!!!! I think this is THE BEST possible solution!!!!!

I've already begun planning tutorial #2 in my head. I am so excited!

ncokely

Cherry Cola

I need to do this---count me in. I don't rmember what PSE I have mayber 7 or 8. I just have never got very far with it. If I can follow you for a day or two and things work, I will switch to the free trial of PSE 10. I am another who needs to save money for extra purchases.
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

m1218p

Cherry Picker

Nancy, I'm so happy to hear you will be joining us! I am on a tight budget myself, so I completely understand folks who want to use older versions or the free trial. A little of the terminology may have changed from your screen display to mine, but we'll muddle through. WELCOME aboard!!!!!!

That makes 8. We can take 2 more and we have to cut it off. A couple of you mentioned having friends who wanted to learn. Get them signed up now.......... we're running out of space. Really, I am not sure I can pull more than 10 of you along at one time, giving you each reasonably quick responses to your questions. That's the limiting factor. I want you to be able to use your scrap time to scrap, not to wait for an answer from me. KWIM?

Judy in NM

Cherry Garcia

I'm interested -- but I'm making sure I understand -- you'll post the tutorial on your blog and then we'll do it on our own time -- and post questions, etc.? on the forum?
~~ Judy ~~

m1218p

Cherry Picker

Judy, since we are going to have a forum here, I am able to make a few improvements/changes in how I thought this would work. I will most likely upload the tutorial document to a download site like 4shared. That way you can download it and print it out easily to use as a handbook. You will want it to refer back to while you're working on your first few layouts. The links for the tutorials will be posted in the forum. There will also be a place in the forum for you to post your questions. I will be checking the forum multiple times a day so that I can answer your questions ASAP. Answers will be posted in the forum because there's at least a 90% chance that your question is just a question someone else hasn't gotten around to asking. By posting both the questions and the answers in the forum, everyone can benefit from the answer to your question. And, when you've completed your layout, we'll have a place to post them.

Are you in? I'll be thrilled to to have you join us!

Return to “Manufacturers and Designers New{s}”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee