Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

So sad...
I often joke that I work "in da hood." It is essenially true...the hospital I work at, in the ER (we are a Level II trauma center) is in the poor area, and SAginaw is becoming more and more known for gang activity and gun violence. Over the weekend, 3 died in 4 separate shooting incidents. Sad enough, but I found out tonight that one of the young men killed (he was only 19) was the son of our night shift secretary. It sounds quite deliberate, not like he was caught in the crossfire type situation. It seems pretty clear that he was a target, along with another young man (age 20) in the same car. It just hits way too close to home when it's the son of someone you know well enough and share some of the same things in life. She has a daughter in the Army in North Carolina, my son is in the Army in Georgia. Her youngest is 13 or 14, the same age as one of my kids. She is taking at least a month off work, and says she doesn't know if she'll be able to return to the ER. I don't blame her...I don't know if I could either. To see some of the things that we see knowing it has happened within your own family? I cannot imagine the pain she is going through.

So please keep Stephanie and Fred and their family in your thoughts and prayers...I know she would appreciate it. We shouldn't have to attend funerals of ones so young!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Re: So sad...
that is so sad. Of course I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Oh my gosh, that is so devastating. I will definitely keep them in my prayers.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

:( ((HUGS)) Nancy and to the ones affected. Soooo sad...
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

I can't even imagine. (((HUGS))) to the family and you as well.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Prayers lifted for all of you! Such a sad waste of life!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

so sad - prayers for everyone involved
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

very sad....and it is hard to work someplace like that and go back. I know that from experience...

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

This is so sad... for everyone involved. (((hugs))) to you and to her and her family - and to the families of all of the boys.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

wow that is so sad. I could not imagine how that must feel. Thoughs and prayers for them and their family.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

1grandma

Cherry Addict

My thoughts and prayers are for them and for all people caught up in gangs. It is a very sad situation.
Bibi

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Nancy, my prayers will be with your friend, her family and you and your family. This type of violence is so very difficult when it affects you personally and I know from experience how very difficult it is. We have been through the same type of thing, lossing a family friend to murder from stab wounds. The pain eases but the feeling of devastation does not, and I would understand if your friend does not return to the ER.

I now how hard Paramedics, EMT's, and ER Personel have it. Often closure only comes when loosing a patient in route to hospital or in the ER. I could see at times the stress it would cause when my mother was a paramedic. Remember to take care of yourself Nancy, when it is close to home it is so much harder. {{{HUGS}}} my friend!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

And we had another shooting last night! 4 people shot at a birthday party (granted, why we they outside partying in a not so great area of town at 3:30 in the morning?). No one seriously hurt, but what the heck?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

will keep them in my prayers.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee