We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

%@!*(^#&!!!!!!
I can't believe it! I just found out my credit card # has been compromised. I was trying to make an online payment with my Discover card at a digi site, and it wouldn't go thru. I thought I had typed in the number wrong so I tried it again, and it still wouldn't go thru. I was wondering WTH was going on, so I tried to log into my account at Discover.com and it wouldn't let me in and it gave me a phone number to call. It turned out they wanted to question some of my last few transactions, and it turns out someone made a charge to British Airways for $800 and somewhat dollars on Saturday! They also made a $7 and change charge at a Hotel in Mississippi, which I thought was strange for such a small amount of money. The Discover rep said that these people that get your number will usually make a very small charge first to test the number out to see if it works, then they will charge something big. Discover was right on top of it as they suspected right away. And she told me we will not be responsible for those charges. She asked me about other recent charges to be sure that they were mine, and they were my weekend digi kit charges lol. I also told her that A Cherry on Top is definitely mine, as she could probably see from looking at my account lol! But doesn't it really, really bite that someone would do this! Really sucks! I had my number memorized too. So I have to cut up our cards and wait for new cards with a new number to come in the mail. Oh well. I am so glad they caught it! And how cool that you can talk to them at any time! It was around 1am when I called!

ImageImage Image Image  

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Re: %@!*(^#&!!!!!!
That stinks, but glad they caught on right away. Hope it doesn't take long for the new cards to arrive.

BerryCherry

Cherry Tart

AHHH! That Stinks!!! Card # theft sucks! Glad they caught it!

1grandma

Cherry Addict

My purse was stolen at the grocery store once and the thief got $300.00 in cash and along with all the other stuff, my credit card. I reported it as soon as I got home. They had spent only a few dollars on a sandwich! Wow. I got lucky and I was not responsible for it, either. But that $300 in cash was a crushing blow at the time. You should see me hang on to my purse now!
Bibi

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

holy cow. good thing the credit card people were on top of things. dang. Sorry this happened to you. :bluesad:

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

That really sucks! I had my debit card and a credit card number stolen about 3 months ago. The charges went through on the debit card but my credit card company did what Discover did for you and blocked the account.
ImageImage 

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

that is terrible! I hate it when that happens, happened to me while traveling once ! Credit card people covered my charges for that specific stay and then closed that account and sent new cards....It is such a pain !sorry you had to go through that !
Susan

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

that is terrible! I hate it when that happens, happened to me while traveling once ! Credit card people covered my charges for that specific stay and then closed that account and sent new cards....It is such a pain !sorry you had to go through that !
Susan

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I am surprised they did not call you to verify the large charge. I had that happen on my Chase Visa a couple of years ago and they called at work, at home and on my cell. I asked how could that happen as I am so protective of my card. She responded that all it takes is to let your card out of sign for a second while a server runs your dinner tab and the card information can be captured and used. So......

So glad they did block your account though to prevent further charges.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yes, theives will often do a small charge or two first. At McDonald's our system asks for a manager's override if somebody makes two charges in a row with the same credit card.

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Wow, glad they were on top of things for you, it is a pain though.
ImageImageImageImage

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

Thats my worst fear! Glad Discover is on top of things and you aren't responsible for the charge. Hopefully they will be caught, it seems if they made a charge at British Airways they are taking a flight somewhere and had to use their name?
***Tanya***

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

OMG Barb! That is horrible! I can't STAND people who do that! I feel your pain. Thank goodness that you caught it early! I log into my bank acct every morning to make sure transactions go thru. Just five months ago, I logged in and I had 8 pending transactions totalling $700. I immediately called them and I got my money back. I had to sign some claim forms and got a new bank card. It is definetly super scary.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

beachlover

Cherry Addict

that is horrible! what is even worse is Discover admitting to you that they questioned the charges yet NEVER CONTACTED YOU! I am so sick of credit cards it's not funny! I have had small amts of fraudulent activity taken from my Capital One acct taken off and on over the past few years and am constantly fighting with them to the point where I finally contacted them 3 times since March insisting they cancel my card due to the fact that they do not support their customers and ignore me when I tell them that these charges are fraudulent. They feel the burden of prove is on me. How am I to prove that I DID NOT make these charges? I nevet heard of these places! Any way, finally in the beginning og July they sent me a letter stating they have closed my acct, however I still have fraudulent chartges on my acct they refuse to take off.

Another funny, and big surprise! Capital One is one of tthe Top 10 Worse for Customer Service! Go Figure!?!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

That's awful! I'm so glad you found out and called right away. Thank goodness you don't have to pay for these things!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Yeah, I was surprised they didn't call. This happened once before many years ago and they called me and asked me about suspicious charges. We had just come home from Maryland and they asked it we charged a hotel in Maryland and I said yes. Then she asked if I charged some airline tickets and I said no, and then there were charges at Dell Computer and I said definitely not me. It is a scary feeling when they are reading off all these charges on your card that you didn't make. This was also Discover and I told the rep I was so in awe that they caught it and they said an airline and hotel charge is a flag, and also they know your activity. I wasn't responsible for any of those charges. Discover is really great that way and at flagging suspicious activity on your card. I've had them call me a few times to check on charges that actually were mine. I asked the girl why I didn't get called this time. She didn't know but said that it showed an e-mail was sent to me, but I didn't get that either. Weird. I'm glad I found out online instead of at the supermarket or something like that. I would have freaked out if it wouldn't go thru lol!

ImageImage Image Image  

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

gonecamping wrote:Thats my worst fear! Glad Discover is on top of things and you aren't responsible for the charge. Hopefully they will be caught, it seems if they made a charge at British Airways they are taking a flight somewhere and had to use their name?

That's what dh said. Wouldn't they have to give their name for airline tickets? And I would think their address too. And then when you do fly you have to show ID. So I don't get it.

ImageImage Image Image  

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Glad you got it fixed! Yep, has happened to us too! For years we haven't had credit cards and recently I've gotten a Chase Freedom card, Lane Bryant & Kohls. Had to use the Chase card for truck repair and the LB card for bras but haven't used the Kohls. I refuse to get into trouble with credit cards again!
Image Charlene

cort

Cherry Bing

I'd wanna know where they bought those tickets for and show up personally at the gate...with the cops.

It amazes me how people like to steal and feel that they are entitled to it. :x :x :x :x
ImageImage

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

cort wrote:It amazes me how people like to steal and feel that they are entitled to it. :x :x :x :x

Yeah, makes me angry too. The nerve of these people to just decide to take from others that actually work hard for what they have really makes me so mad!

ImageImage Image Image  

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee