We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

What do you think is the hardest
part about creating a layout? Is it coming up with the idea, arranging the photos, choosing embellies, or what?

I always have trouble arranging my photos, because I like to take so many and then getting them on the page without it looking cluttered gives me trouble. Using sketches often helps, but I probably spend half my time just trying to come up with a good arrangement. :?
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: What do you think is the hardest
My first hurdle is the paper, then it is how I want to organize lo. My mind knows what it is looking for, but sometimes I struggle to get it there!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

The hardest part for me is deciding on a design. So I either scraplift, do a sketch from pagemaps or a mag. On further consideration, I realize that my greatest hurdle is the journaling. How and what to put a journaling tag or spot.
Bibi

jnet

Sweet Cherry Pie

For me it is choosing the embellies. In fact, I have pages where i just gave up and there is nothing on them except the photos! I tell myself that I will look later for just the right embellie but somehow later never comes.
Jeannette

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

:)

The whole process! I'd like to think there is a tad bit of creativity in this analytical mind! Alas I do not think so!

:)

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Embellishing is my downfall.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Flasher

Cherry Crush

For me it's the photos, both arranging them and choosing the best one or two to use (since I scrap 8.5 x 11, space is always an issue for me).
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

The hardest part is choosing my colors.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

These days it is having the mojo to even get my stuff out and get started :?

When I actually feel like scrapping it is the journaling. For some reason, I still have the hardest time with this

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Em,
Me too! I manage usually to put in a date and place and people's names, but I always get stuck on meaningful journaling. That's why when I paper scrap I leave a space for the journaling and put the layouts aside to do it later. LOL! Unfortunately, I have almost a whole album of journaling to do, because of this!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Art_Teacher wrote:Em,
Me too! I manage usually to put in a date and place and people's names, but I always get stuck on meaningful journaling. That's why when I paper scrap I leave a space for the journaling and put the layouts aside to do it later. LOL! Unfortunately, I have almost a whole album of journaling to do, because of this!
My big problem is that I never leave myself room to do the meaningful journaling when I create my LO so I try to find a place that works well enough and I run out of room when journaling... or I say I will go back and journal later and, like you, I have an album (or possibly 2) that I need to get back to.

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

The hardest part is the design, I've gotten better at using pagemaps or a template, and picking paper/embellies takes me the longest. I also have trouble with a 'good' title. I used to struggle with journalling, but when I really need to journal a good story, I layout the pics and have my dh talk about the event and then I have it!
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

The design is the hardest for me. That's why I navigate towards sketches. But sometimes even with sketches, I struggle. THose pics have to be placed PERFECTLY before I'm HAPPY.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

For me it's narrowing down the options (mainly for paper & embellies), because I'm the type of person who likes to examine them all! Which is why I *love* recipe or Supply list challenges!! Sketches definitely help too.
Image Image

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

My hardest struggle is pretty much the same as all of yours. I think the biggest thing is the mojo and getting the idea to do one though. Because if a thought comes in my mind, that layout is done in no time and everything just seems to work out. If I just sit down to scrap even though I have bought everything I need... I'm not inspired and just stare at it. I think I'm also WAY to much of a perfectionist on myself that I think too much into it and it makes it harder on myself instead of just making it. Cause if I make a page that's a memory instead of a pile of photos, I don't need to be SO hard on myself that its not work of art every time! :?
~ Carissa ~

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Photos and not overdoing stuff. I hate white space or any space for that matter. lol So most of my pages look like hot messes.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Picking a kit that suits my mood for the layout...I have so many that I sometimes even have a hard time picking one from all the stash!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Picking my background paper. Both digi and paper I will have the idea of the page in my head but I truly do not start moving along until I have my background paper (or papers) picked out. Not to say that sometimes I'm still not satisfied and they end up being changed.

ImageImage Image Image  

beachlover

Cherry Addict

for me its deciding which photos to use, especially when its the kids! I can't NOT use a picture that I have printed!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

The designing phase is the toughest for me!!! that's why i used lots of sketches!!!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee