Get up to 3 FREE GIFTS with purchase → See details
Plus, save 20% or more on all Fall and Halloween products!

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

Hi ladies....summer plans?
I disappeared for a bit but it was much needed. I wasn't in the mood to scrap anymore and I was VERY busy with life in general. I have missed talking to you all and I recently scrapped three pages in one week!! That is a huge accomplishment! lol We have one week of school left until summer and then I leave for our month long road trip!!! I am so excited I can't stand it.

I have never been out west so this will definitely be an adventure. We are going to Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, back to Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, then down through Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia, and home to Florida. We are driving of course and seeing LOTS of the good ole US of A! I will be blogging the whole trip along with my husband and his brother. It should be interesting! lol

HOW IS EVERYONE?!?! Any plans for the summer!!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: Hi ladies....summer plans?
Oh my gosh...what a trip! Definitely lots of photo ops on that trip!

don't really have specific summer plans beyond the annual Run the River kayak outing with my brothers and sister (hopefully) and nieces and nephews and anyone else who comes that weekend is considered family. Bob still claims he isn't camping, he says anything less than a 3 star hotel is roughing it for him lol....but I'll convert him yet! Besides, he will do anything to make me happy...he's such a great guy.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

kguercio

Cherry Bing

Planning with my 5 year old right now....he will be starting kindergarten in the fall. We are planning on a bucket list for the summer and pulling out something every day to do. Also signing up for swim lessons and soccer! Looking forward to a trip to visit my sister in August! Other than that just chillin out!
****Kelly****

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Hi Jenn. Are you going on I-10? I am only two miles from it. Maybe you would like to stop and meet for lunch/breakfast or dinner? Just meet? Are you visiting LSS at all? We have a small one here not far off I-10 only about two miles. Let me know if you are interested and I will see about meeting up with you inbetween work and dh doc's appointment.
Bibi

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Well, after reading that my summer plans seem dull!!!!! What an amazing time you will have, and the beauty of the west is breath taking!!!! Take lots of pictures, as we will all want to travel with you so to speak!!!!Have a GREAT time!!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

jjenni08 wrote:I disappeared for a bit but it was much needed. I wasn't in the mood to scrap anymore and I was VERY busy with life in general. I have missed talking to you all and I recently scrapped three pages in one week!! That is a huge accomplishment! lol We have one week of school left until summer and then I leave for our month long road trip!!! I am so excited I can't stand it.

I have never been out west so this will definitely be an adventure. We are going to Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, California, back to Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, then down through Missouri, Tennessee, Georgia, and home to Florida. We are driving of course and seeing LOTS of the good ole US of A! I will be blogging the whole trip along with my husband and his brother. It should be interesting! lol

I have been in all the states you plan to visit except Missouri. You are in for a wonderful trip my dear. I cant wait to see your pictures/layouts.

My summer is pretty busy too for an old lady. lol Dr. stuff in June-ugh and a trip to Lake Tahoe end of the month for our 46th wedding anniversary.
July my DD and adorable grandson are coming for a week or so.
August my nephew/wife and their precious child will be here for a family visit. Baby is due in 2 weeks and both families are out here-the kids live in Michigan. first grandchild in that part of the family
September, DH and I and his sister are going to Arizona for a week or so to visit DH's younger brother/wife. They live quite near grand canyon so fun.

that is about it. But a lot for old folks like us. lol

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

1grandma wrote:Hi Jenn. Are you going on I-10? I am only two miles from it. Maybe you would like to stop and meet for lunch/breakfast or dinner? Just meet? Are you visiting LSS at all? We have a small one here not far off I-10 only about two miles. Let me know if you are interested and I will see about meeting up with you inbetween work and dh doc's appointment.

I will be going on I-10. I am not sure at this point what time I will be heading in that direction that day, but as it gets closer I will let you know! If all goes well, I would love to meet and say hi. Even if it is only for a photo op and a meet-n-greet!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

Charleneanne wrote:
jjenni08 wrote:I disappeared for a bit but it was much needed. I wasn't in the mood to scrap anymore and I was VERY busy with life in general. I have missed talking to you all and I recently scrapped three pages in one week!! That is a huge accomplishment! lol We have one week of school left until summer and then I leave for our month long road trip!!! I am so excited I can't stand it.

trip to Lake Tahoe end of the month for our 46th wedding anniversary.

I am going to Lake Tahoe! I am so excited. I have heard about it for years so I am happy to see it finally. We are staying in California for a full week in Colfax (about an hour from Sacramento) so we will be doing day trips to various places and it's on the itinerary. Happy early anniversary!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I'm going to San Diego for two weeks and will be spending lots of time at my parents beach house.

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

jjenni08 wrote:
Charleneanne wrote:

trip to Lake Tahoe end of the month for our 46th wedding anniversary.

I am going to Lake Tahoe! I am so excited. I have heard about it for years so I am happy to see it finally. We are staying in California for a full week in Colfax (about an hour from Sacramento) so we will be doing day trips to various places and it's on the itinerary. Happy early anniversary!

Thanks. we actualy live about 1 1/2 hours from Tahoe and if you go the other way about 2 hours from Reno. We were married in Reno and spend a lot of our anniversaries in Tahoe. It is gorgeous to say the least. Colfax is a great little foothill town. Full of history. I am starting to envy you your trip. lol

jrrah4903

Cherry Cola

DH & I are taking my kiddos to DisneyWorld 6/8-6/15 Can't wait :) first time for all of them, so I will be the Henry Family Disney Ambassador for them :)
- Jillian

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

On June 22, My DH and I and my Mom will start our road trip from Oregon to North Dakota. We are going to South Dakota first to see MT Rushmore and then up to North Dakota. My Dad's family all live there and we are going to visit. We were there a year and a half ago when my Dad died unexpectedly while there on vacation. My DH has never seen that part of the US so we decided to take a road trip. We will hit all the touristy sites like Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Bear Country and coming back we will go through Wyoming and see Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons. We will be gone about 2 weeks.

Then the first weekend in August, we have a mother/daughter 4 day trip to Leavenworth WA with my mom and aunts and cousins. The 3rd week of August DH and I are flying to Kentucky for his 30th class reunion. Its going to be a busy summer!
***Tanya***

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

WOW.....your trip sounds amazing. I wish I could go with you. I love road trips. So far the only thing I have planned is the month of June and first week of July. I am leaving May 31 to head to Indiana. I will stay there for the entire month with my dad. DH will be in Arkansas the entire month of June and fly to Indian to meet me to make the drive back home. On the way home, we will be stopping in Chicago to see a few sights like Navy Pier and such. The rest of the summer is pretty open and I am sure something will come up here and there.

Enjoy your wonderful trip.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Your road trip sounds awesome!! Of course, you are missing MY state in all of that :winkb:

I haven't been scrapping much lately, I just have no mojo or desire to play with my stuff :(

As for summer plans, I just found out that I am going to spend a week in July in Detroit for a training program for an organization I belong to. Other than that, I am hoping to just get to go hiking and explore CO a bit. Our big vacation isn't until this fall when we go to Boston :-D

Ayla

Cherry Addict

emarie803 wrote:Your road trip sounds awesome!! Of course, you are missing MY state in all of that :winkb:

I haven't been scrapping much lately, I just have no mojo or desire to play with my stuff :(

As for summer plans, I just found out that I am going to spend a week in July in Detroit for a training program for an organization I belong to. Other than that, I am hoping to just get to go hiking and explore CO a bit. Our big vacation isn't until this fall when we go to Boston :-D
You'll be only an hour and a half to 2 hours from me when you're in Michigan!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Ayla wrote:
emarie803 wrote:Your road trip sounds awesome!! Of course, you are missing MY state in all of that :winkb:

Really? Hmmm...might have to see about sneaking away to meet you! :winkb:

Ayla

Cherry Addict

emarie803 wrote:
Ayla wrote:

I'd love that!
 Image Image

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

Ayla wrote:
emarie803 wrote:
Ayla wrote:You'll be only an hour and a half to 2 hours from me when you're in Michigan!
I'd love that!
I'll be there the week of July 15th so maybe we can plan to meet sometime that week (I leave on Sun the 22)

1grandma

Cherry Addict

jjenni08 wrote:
1grandma wrote:Hi Jenn. Are you going on I-10? I am only two miles from it. Maybe you would like to stop and meet for lunch/breakfast or dinner? Just meet? Are you visiting LSS at all? We have a small one here not far off I-10 only about two miles. Let me know if you are interested and I will see about meeting up with you inbetween work and dh doc's appointment.

I will be going on I-10. I am not sure at this point what time I will be heading in that direction that day, but as it gets closer I will let you know! If all goes well, I would love to meet and say hi. Even if it is only for a photo op and a meet-n-greet!
Debamas, aka Debbie lives near by in Milton. Maybe she can meet with us, too. This would be so cool! To meet another cherry and talk. Please let me know when it is and I will do what I can. Can't wait!
Bibi

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

jrrah4903 wrote:DH & I are taking my kiddos to DisneyWorld 6/8-6/15 Can't wait :) first time for all of them, so I will be the Henry Family Disney Ambassador for them :)

You all will have a blast!!!!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee