Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Kelly Pyron

Digital Designers

New Camera
Hiya ladies and a few gents! :)

I had a question for you. I recently purchased my dream camera (Whoot!Whoot!). It is a Canon EOS Rebel T3i wit a EF-S 18-55 Lens kit. I love the picture quality, but so far I have only used auto mode and played around with the aperture settings some. My question is, what are some good resources for going deeper into learning more about this camera and photography. Now mind you they have to be cheap (or free) as I spent all my $ on this thing! LOL! If you know of any good websites or articles, or you have any tips for me, please share! :)
Thanks so much!
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

Re: New Camera
I learned the most by reading the manual and just playing with all of the adjustments on manual mode! I know people always say "read your manual" and I didn't really think it would matter until I actually did read it! Anything I wanted to learn, lighting, apeture, SS, etc, I typed in google and just researched that way. I don't really have one good site for everything, but there is alot of great information free out there :) I have the Canon T1i and I absolutely love it...I have had it 3 years and it still works like a charm....I do want to upgrade though....:) have fun!!!!
Image~Angie~

HCayH

Cherry Picker

lol- I just bought the t2i with the same lens! I've been playing around with it and I pinned a few tutorials on pinterest but I'm interested to see what others recommend too.

And the manual scares the crap out of me- guess I need to just dive in...
SAHM of 4- 2 girls and 2 boys! (and one very spoiled dachshund)

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I want a new camera, too. Doesn't look like I will be able to afford one any time soon. But maybe if I read the manual for my camera, I would like it more.
Bibi

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Its a great camera. There is so much information available free on the internet.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

mysunshine

Cherry Bing

I highly recommend taking a class. I had a really hard time with internalizing the information when reading books and even more so when reading my manual. I've taken classes by this team of pro photographers and they are excellent. My husband first gave me the class/safari workshop as my birthday gift last year. I loved it. Then last month I had purchased the same class for my husband by groupon. But it turned out he couldn't go to the class dates, so I went again! I was able to absorb even more since I had figured out the basics. I'm sure there are lots of great classes out there, but this one is a winner, and they travel all over the country.

http://www.capturingtrueemotion.com/wor ... -workshops

It looks like they only have 2 cities on the schedule right now, but they regularly add more and I think they always run a Groupon when they get it all set up. So watch out for that. Also, if anyone wants to sign up, I have a code that reduces the $450 price tag down to $125...which is an excellent deal for the 6+ hours of instruction you'll get. Just send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

Even if you just read their blog you'll get lots of great info.

I also like reading http://www.digital-photography-school.com/ for lots of cool tips and composition ideas.
- Angie - Come read my blog!

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I too recently got a new camera, and yes, the manual can be a bit overwhelming. I wanted to be able to use this for all it is able to do. I am a very hands on learner, so I would look up and learn one thing at a time, then go play till I was comfortable. I have many things yet to learn, but I am improving.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

javalove

Cherry Bing

My daughter is taking a photography class next year in high school. I plan to use her as my main resource since right now I mainly use the automatic settings too. I have the digital rebel and really wish I knew how to play with it more! I've had it for several years and love it.
Lisa

Image Image

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

Hey Kel! If you have a local community college there, check to see if they have any photography classes ;)
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

AmyTeets wrote:Hey Kel! If you have a local community college there, check to see if they have any photography classes ;)
This is a great idea, my niece took a class at the lcc and really learned alot - although she took the intermediate class, not the beginner (sorry, forgot how the classified them).
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee