Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

Re: Our website, what do you think?
I like the changes so far that I see on my computer but I am here just as often from my phone. It would be cool if there could be some changes to how things work on the phone. It's difficult to go from the message board to the gallery or to the store and likewise from the other places back to the message board.
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I agree that for the most part this site is great!!! thanks for all your hard work. I do miss the greyed subjects after reading a post. It does help to know where you have already been. Also, there used to be a way when in your own gallery to separate your LO's into folders, am I missing this, or is it gone? Keep up the good work!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

wimom

Cherry Bomb

ACOT has the best shopping interface! I love being able to search by brand, category, etc., and then further narrow down within those areas. One thing I have noticed is that the little magnifying glass that is supposed to give you a closer view of the product is not working. Instead I get sent to another page when I click on one.

In the gallery, one feature I like on other sites is being able to look at "most bookmarked" within categories.

Thanks for a great site!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

ScrapyCandy

Sweet Cherry Pie

Thanks for asking! Maybe you could pass on my thoughts...the "Daily Deal" has not changed in forever. Maybe it should be updated, removed, or changed to the "Annual Deal". Keep up the good work!!
Scrapycandy

Brandon Singer

Site Admin

wimom wrote: One thing I have noticed is that the little magnifying glass that is supposed to give you a closer view of the product is not working. Instead I get sent to another page when I click on one.

Do you know which page you where on? Does it happen everywhere for you?
-Echo

handerful

Cherry Cropper

mljoles wrote:
javalove wrote:Overall, I think it's great. I just have one suggestion, but I'm not even sure it's possible. Sometimes when I'm working with a line of product, I'd like to be able to pull up layouts to get ideas and see what others have done with the papers/embellishments. I know that I can search by product brand in the gallery, but I'd love to be able to look for projects that members have submitted from a particular line by name. Since gallery members often indicate which products they've used (the little light bulb icon), I'm wondering whether there's a way, via the store, to link those projects to the product. Am I making sense?? What I'd love to see is a link on the product page in the store to various projects in the gallery using that product.

If you are looking at a certain product - if there is a project that has used that product, (and the submitter has linked it with that product) it does show under the "media" tab. :)

Cool! I learned something new. I knew this feature was there before, but I thought it disappeared with updates a while back.

The site is great and easy to use. Thank you, Brandon!
Image Image
RACHEL

ScrapEgypt

Cherry Bomb

Overall, I have been very happy with the ACOT website and have dealt with the changes as well as I deal with any other life changes (reluctant acceptance!). And I do believe that it is one of the more user-friends sites around.

My ONE gripe.......on occasion (usually a bored Saturday night), I go back and look at the layouts I have posted and on multiple occasions I have noticed a "new" comment. In other words - most of the comments come at or around the time of posting. But enough times to make me notice - there are comments posted weeks or months after the layout submission.

SO - I would REALLY like some sort of notification when there is a new comment on one of my layouts. Not sure how to do this - but maybe something similar to the "View your posts" in the message board.

Just a thought................... :winkb:
Cielle

ImageImage Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

ScrapEgypt wrote:Overall, I have been very happy with the ACOT website and have dealt with the changes as well as I deal with any other life changes (reluctant acceptance!). And I do believe that it is one of the more user-friends sites around.

My ONE gripe.......on occasion (usually a bored Saturday night), I go back and look at the layouts I have posted and on multiple occasions I have noticed a "new" comment. In other words - most of the comments come at or around the time of posting. But enough times to make me notice - there are comments posted weeks or months after the layout submission.

SO - I would REALLY like some sort of notification when there is a new comment on one of my layouts. Not sure how to do this - but maybe something similar to the "View your posts" in the message board.

This would be a nice feature to have. It has happened to me, also.
Bibi

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I was thinking, and there is one thing that I like from other sites, that this one doesn't have - when someone makes a comment on a page of yours in the gallery, other sites have a number of comments and when you click on the comments link, it will show you the last page they commented on, and all the others done as well. At ACOT, you never know if someone has commented on an older page, or I have to guess if a page has an extra comment from when I last looked. It would be handy to have a little comment counter or something so we know when our work is getting some love. :)

ETA: oh! Someone else just asked about this too! haha! My bad!

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

1grandma wrote:
love2stamp wrote:
Croppinmama wrote:Love the website but I don't like how the message board feed on the side isn't grey anymore after you read it :waiting:
oh me too. That's how I knew weather I needed to go back and read it, especially during the crops, couldn't remember what games I had already played.

If you have not read a particular thread since your last post there is a little emblem at the beginning of the post. If you have made a post the emblem will not be there. That is how I tell if I need to go back to it.

Not only that, but if you click on that (little orange square) it'll take you to the first unread post in the thread! I LOVE that feature!!

I think most things on the site work great! As others have said, I would *LOVE* to get some kind of notification when someone comments on my Gallery. I myself comment on others' older postings and then wonder if they'll ever see it.

Also I miss being able to do specific searches in the Gallery. Besides being handy for crop challenges ;) it's nice when you're looking for inspiration in a certain area. I know we can use the tag dropdowns at the left but many people don't tag their submissions. (And for all the year I've been here the techniques one has said "Pattered" paper instead of "Patterned" - can you fix that, lol?!)
Image Image

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

thank you for everything that you have done, brandon :) we appreciate your hard work!
i, for one, LOVE the "quick look" that enlarges an item without having to click on it cuz
i'm so dang impatient :-D and as far as improvements, i STILL wish that i could actually
use my ipad or iphone (mobile) to write replies in the MB since it is more convenient...
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

1grandma wrote:
ScrapEgypt wrote:Overall, I have been very happy with the ACOT website and have dealt with the changes as well as I deal with any other life changes (reluctant acceptance!). And I do believe that it is one of the more user-friends sites around.

This would be a nice feature to have. It has happened to me, also.

This happens to me as well. I agree it would be a nice feature to have. Otherwise Brandon, I think you have done an excellent job with the website.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

fabulous idea

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I absolutely love the new dropdown menus...especially the color one! :-D I did notice that when I tried to do a search in the advanced search it didn't work for anything. I kept getting the message that there was nothing found and I was searching pretty general stuff in the digi shoppe...
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Lindsay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Maybe I just need some education, but at other websites and galleries, I'm able to use my Kindle Fire to leave comments or reply to threads. At ACOT, I click the text field and nothing happens. If someone knows what I'm missing, please let me know. I've been able to leave a lot more gallery lovin' with my Fire and would love to do so at ACOT.

wimom

Cherry Bomb

echo wrote:
wimom wrote: One thing I have noticed is that the little magnifying glass that is supposed to give you a closer view of the product is not working. Instead I get sent to another page when I click on one.

Do you know which page you where on? Does it happen everywhere for you?

It happens on all products I tried and always takes me to the home page. Anybody else having this problem? Thanks for looking into it.
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

FairyMouseMom

Cherry Addict

Okay....I may be way out here and letting you know my thoughts...but, since ACOT does a few things....I always thought that maybe the home page would be a good "tree stump," so to speak. From there....you could have your choices of where to go, i.e, topics like: paper scrapbooking, digital scrapbooking, pool supplies, stickers galore, jewelry stuff (if you still do that), gallery, articles, message board,..... That way....you have a base from where to start and where you want to go. People who come looking strictly for paper scrapping stuff...would probably prefer JUST to see stuff associated with that category. And, I think, the same holds true for digital scrappers. EACH of those pages could have a "HOME" button linked on it....so, let's say, after I looked at digital stuff I want to head back to the gallery or look at the articles. (okay...ONE of the reasons I say this is.....when I click on "brand" on the menu bar above...those are strictly paper brands that show up.......and "digital" is all the way at the end of the list...and you have to go do the search that way.)

I don't know...does this make "sense" to anyone else? Or do I need to "explain" it a bit better / differently?
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

javalove wrote:Overall, I think it's great. I just have one suggestion, but I'm not even sure it's possible. Sometimes when I'm working with a line of product, I'd like to be able to pull up layouts to get ideas and see what others have done with the papers/embellishments. I know that I can search by product brand in the gallery, but I'd love to be able to look for projects that members have submitted from a particular line by name. Since gallery members often indicate which products they've used (the little light bulb icon), I'm wondering whether there's a way, via the store, to link those projects to the product. Am I making sense?? What I'd love to see is a link on the product page in the store to various projects in the gallery using that product.
Now I know what the lightbulb indicates!!!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

debamas

Wild Cherry

I love the drop downs too but is there any reason they are not alphabetical? It's taking me longer to locate what I want.
Debbie

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

I love the drop downs too but is there any reason they are not alphabetical? It's taking me longer to locate what I want.
Weird, because they are all alphabetical, except for the colors, which doesn't bother me, since they are color coded.
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee