We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Hey Jude

Cherry Tart

Re: ***New Cherry Questionairre***
How did you find ACOT??
I found ACOT quite a few years ago when it was Stickers Galore on the web while surfing in search of paper scrapbooking products. Iv'e been a fan every since then. :-D

What technique would you like to learn?

I'd be interested to learn how to blend the photos in a digital layout into the background, I think however you need to have Photoshop to learn that. :?

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?

Minimum four usually about six on two pages. I am accustomed to doing layouts of two pages, I don't do one pagers unless the papers on the opposite side can be made to "work" together. Example I'd never put a layout done in purple and pinks on a page opposite a page done with blue's and blacks.

Are you into digital or paper layouts?

I was a paper scrapper for years, maybe ten. For a while a friend and I were doing scrapbooks for clients and I fell behind paper scrapping pages for four grandkids. So about a month ago I hopped onto the digital band wagon. Pretty sure I'll catch up much quicker!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

Just finished a layout in blues and whites with a touch of pink for my grandaughter titled Winter in VT.

Do you have your own scrap room?

Yes I do have my own scrap room and now I've captured the computer as well (that has it's own room too - now mine LOL!)

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?

I've been to many crops but never one online.

What gives you the creeps?

Parking lots at night when I'm alone.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?

Been an early-bird all my life. I love worms! :-D

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?

I'm pretty boring at 5 O'clock so a Fuze Empower drink of Gogi Wild Berry is pretty much it for me. (Unless I'm at a Bluegrass Fest, then I'll probably nurse a Cherry Vodka and Coke.) ;)

BarbE2187

Cherry Tart

I'm not sure I qualify but I am new to the forum. I've been shopping at ACOT for a couple of years now..just never realized they had a forumn. :o)

How did you find ACOT?? I found the forum today in an email about the crop

What technique would you like to learn? I love hand making my own flowers and would love to learn how to make as many kinds as possible!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I'm a one photo scrapper most of the time

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper! I spend enough time on the computer, I like to scrap to get away from it all :o)

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
Here is a layout I finished yesterday.

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes I do and I love it!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? In real life, this is my first online crop

What gives you the creeps? Spiders and snakes

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Early Bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Caffeine free coke - I drink coffee all day so I go caffeine free at night :o)

[/quote]

HalloweenQueen

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??

I believe i was just searching for a particular item and stumbled upon the website! (Sooo glad I did!)

Not sure.. I do like to try some different things...just bought some smooch ink, maybe I'll do some more stamping which Ive only done a couple of times

most of the time I use at least 3 pics per layout

paper layouts although I do sometimes print out titles or journaling on my computer

working on my Disney 2007 trip and my 2 nieces scrapbooks

Not yet but Im working on it...cant wait, it will be so much easier to scrap

yes I have been to a couple of (crops in real life)

BATS!!!!! I hate them, Ive had probably 7 or 8 bats in my house at various times and its terrifying!!!!! (and Im the HalloweenQueen!! LOL)

A night owl!

:bluelol: Bud Light!

twobugs

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? my daughter, Rachel (Happayscrappay)

What technique would you like to learn? how to use glimmer mist, I always make a huge mess, that looks awful

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? It depends on the subject and how many pictures I took of the event

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? haven't scrapped since Christmas, but have a project on my table I'm making with pictures of my grandkids

Do you have your own scrap room? yes,

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I've done both

What gives you the creeps? having to clean up vomit

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? can't say I'm either

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? don't have one

[/quote]

peaches7

Cherry Tart

I found ACOT while looking to order stickers for work...
I would like to learn how to use glimmer mists... properly! LOL

I like to use more than 1 photo on my pages... like 3 or 4!

I am a traditional paper scrapper

right now I would like to make a tribute to my mom who passed away recently!!!

My scraproom is actually a table set up in our basement!!
I barely attended the last on-line crop...

Walking down a deserted street gives me the creeps...

I'm an early bird

And I love drinking Coronas

lesmitch

Cherry Bing

How did you find ACOT?? a friend at work told me about this site.

What technique would you like to learn? there is so much, i don't know if it is considered a technique but i would like to figure out
the mini alblums.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? usually one or two i have used more but not the norm.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? i do paper layouts

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? my daughters wedding , and a new grandson

Do you have your own scrap room? no

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? no, im trying in between watching grandkids this weekend to do some this weekend which is my first.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? i like amareto sours.

ImageImageImageImageImage

sdcowgirl

Cherry Blossom

How did you find ACOT??
I believe it was throught a general internet search. I have been scrapbooking off and on since 1996. Started when all there was , was Creative Memories. I have been married for 29 years to a military man. We have no children unless you call the 10 to 20 four-legged kind that we have running around.

Some hybrid scrapping interest me and doing more with inks and coloring

3 to 5 usually. I usually just scrap vacation photos. We are fortunate in that we ge to take 3 or 4 big vacations a year.

I do mainly 12 x 12 paper layouts but I have been doing more cards lately.

I just completed a photo album for my mother on our recent trip to Scottsdale, Arizona

Yes, but it is still not as I would like it. It is not effecient in design or layout and am looking at revising it in the near future.

Used to do real life crops on a monthly basis but haven't been to one lately. I have tried hosting my own but the women I work with are much younger and have little children and alot going on in their lives so hard to get them together. I have attended 3 online crops. I have gone to several Creating Keepsakes conventions in charlotte.

I am pretty independent and have spent alot of time alone and have had to make do. Slugs do. I garden, too.

I work night shift so I am definitely a night-owl married to an early-bird gets the worm. We are on two different orbits at times.

crown and coke
jls

epsalazar

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??
I was doing an internet search for "online crop ideas" for a Yahoo scrapbooking group.

I love flowers, so any techniques whereI can make my own

2-3

all paper at this point.

most recently, my kids; just random photos that I love of them

no :(

this is my first online, I have not done any real life ones.

strange noises in the night when I am home alone.

both, is that possible?

Jack and Coke or Mikes Hard Lemonade.....although it is very seldom that 5:00 rolls around for me.

My name is Erica, live in Kansas, SAHM to 4 beauties (2 girls; 2 boys). love photography and scrapbooking (goes hand in hand, right!?)

dhopper2009

Cherry Tart

Hi everyone! I am new to ACOT and scrapbooking in general. Here's my answers...

How did you find ACOT??
A scrapbooking friend friend told me it was crucial to join this message board b/c of all the great ideas!

What technique would you like to learn? I am new to this...so ALL of them.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I have only made 4 layouts and the average so far is 6 pics per layout.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Definitely paper.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Kids trip to D.C. with the grandparents last summer.

Do you have your own scrap room? No, just a section of the livingroom.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? No, but I'm dying to go to a scrapbook retreat for the weekend! That would be an awesome intro!

What gives you the creeps? People with mustaches.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Total night owl!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? White Russian.

knitenuf

Cherry Tart

And WELCOME to ACOT!!!! We are glad you are here!!!!
How did you find ACOT??

What technique would you like to learn? making different paper flowers

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? between 2-4 a page

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? my Daughters wedding album

Do you have your own scrap room? yes, and it's my HAPPY place!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes

What gives you the creeps? dirty places (bathrooms, kitchens...etc.), I'm a bit of a germ phobe...lol

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? corona with lime

castangs

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? The gals on the CK message board were talking about how great ACOT was so I thought I'd check it out and discovered great paper supplies, cute digi kits and this MB too!

What technique would you like to learn? I'd like to get better at digi - maybe even creating digi supplies

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? rarely do I do just one - usually 3 to 4 on a single page LO and 6-7 on a 2 pager. Digi usually means more photos on a LO for me since I print photos in 4x6 for paper LOs

Are you into digital or paper layouts? both (though I'm in more of a digi kick at the moment but I like both equally)

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I'm doing a lot of hockey LOs since my son and my husband are both in their first hockey classes and I've also been doing some challenges (just posted one with my cat as the subject)

Do you have your own scrap room? mostly yes, I share space in my son's playroom for my paper scrapping and I can take my laptop where ever I need to

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes to both and they are fun. I crop occasionally with friends but have never been to a big "commercial crop" or a crop at a convention

What gives you the creeps? bugs

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? I rarely have anything but I enjoy the occasional glass of Merlot, Midori Sour or Oatmeal Stout (dark beer)

TnTScrapMom

Cherry Tart

Hello! I found this site last night and am so excited I did! So far everyone here seems so nice! I'll tell you a little about myself and I can't wait to learn more about the people on here. I'm a stay-at-home mom. I have one son and am married to the love of my life! I've been scrapbooking for almost three years, son after my son was born. It was my sister-in-law that told me about scrapbooking, I went to her house and fell in love with her scrap room. The very first thing I made was an anniversary present for my husband using some supplies that she gave me. Ever since then I haven't been able to stop. I just wish that I had discovered it sooner!

How did you find ACOT??

Searching for a particular brand of paper at a cheaper price (and I found it!)

I love distressing and aging so I would love to learn more ways to do that!

Typically I'm a one photo type of person unless I'm doing a two-pager then it's about 5 or 6 on a page.

Paper. I've heard digital is cheaper but I'm just not compurter savvy in that respect!

Right now I'm working on finally scrapping our Christmas photos and am slowly doing a heritage album for my son when he gets older.

Yes! My husband and I bought our first home a little over a year ago. The third bedroom was supposed to be the exercise/scrap room but I've kind of taken over. LOL

The closest thing to a crop I've been to is scrapping with my sister-in-law. She and I started scrapping about the same time. Her and my other sister-in-law are the only ones I know that really scrapbook.

Spiders and snakes. I used to live in an old farm house so finding snakes in the basement was about a daily occurance. *shiver* Oh, and mice, we had to get rid of our first one a few months ago, it was not a happy experience.

Well I have always been more of a night-owl but when my husband got a promotion several weeks ago he switched to first shift so I'm slowly becoming a early-bird. Unfortunately my almost-three year old has always been an early-bird. LOL

Coke Zero. If I have one everything is right in the world!

Lilsweetpea

Cherry Tart

Hi everyone! I am brand new and so excited to be here!

How did you find ACOT??
Actually it was Heidi who found me. It looks like I will be doing some tutorials for the site. :)

Grunge

Paper all the way baby!

I am working on a boys mini album theme= Rock Star!

I do and I live in it!!

Yes. I go to a weekend get~a~way crop every 6 months.

Anything that crawls.

Being a MOM I think you're always both! LOL

Martinis!!

~ Kristin

craftymama1021

Cherry Tart

[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]How did you find ACOT??[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN] through Sweet Digi Scraps i am apart of Liz's CT

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]What technique would you like to learn? better drop shadows, how to use templates more creatively and how to do more with masking and brushes

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]How many photos do you usually place on a layout? wow i have used as few as none and as many as 6 or 7

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Are you into digital or paper layouts? Digi

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? i don't usually go by themes...more by challenges and kits to scrap

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Do you have your own scrap room? I WISH!

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? no i would love to..just started digi scrapping a few months ago

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]What gives you the creeps? bugs, snakes, and scary movies

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? both...i have a baby...it really depends on what she is like that day..lol

[/highlight][highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? i dont drink very often but when i do it is usually some sort of fruity wine or wine cooler[/highlight]

HeatherDMB

Cherry Blossom

How did you find ACOT??
I believe I saw an ad in a scrap magazine and checked you out ... but it was a long time before I actually ordered.
alcohol inks
as many as possible!!
totally paper, but I sometimes alter my pics a bit digitally first
my son's Ben 10 themed 5th birthday party
I have a corner in the basement
yup, lots in real life and only one online - seems if I don't leave the house, I can't find the time
cockroaches ... it's just WRONG that they can fly!!!!! (PS - I lived in Japan for a few years but don't have to deal with them now in cold Alberta - phew!)
early-bird, but my 2 little kids are doing their best to turn me into a sleep-whenever-wherever person
heavily Irish-ed coffee (!) or, if it's hot, white wine sangria

eksteigmeier

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??

Through my SIL (Mommybruno).

I need to learn how to shadow bette. All of my shadows have that unnatural uniform shadowing right now.

Usually just 1, but no more than 3 usually.

Digital/hybrid

I am working on a Father's day page now, but I just finished hybrid clutch purses for my children's teacher for their end of the year gifts.

Not unless you call my dinningroom table or my bed my scrap room....LOL. That is where I do most of my scrapping.

I just participated in my first crop for iNSD here at ACOT. My SIL and I got a hotel room together and scrapped together. We had a blast. I am very unsure of myself when it comes to scrapping so it was nice to have her there with me.

I don't like the dark. Well, not so much the dark, but that I cannot tell what is hidden in the dark. Another thing that gives me the creeps is when you see little kids with snotty faces....that is soooo gross!

Definitaly not a morning person, but not so much a night-owl either. If I stay up past 10 I am a complete grouch but I can sleep in until 10 and not think anything of it. Thankfully my kids are late sleepers too.

That would have to be a virigin margarita (I don't drink alcohol due to religious beliefs). I just love the salty limey combo......Yummers!!!

So there you go there is a little more infor on me.

Kristin
Kristin

jclipscomb77

Cherry Blossom

suslvgeo wrote:This is a questionairre for any new Cherries that want to participate!

We here at ACOT would love to get to know more about you and this seems like a fun way to do it. Of course we also encourage you starting a thread and introducing yourself, this is just a fun little tool to help you get started!

I will be popping onto the thread and randomly handing out points to those that participate. What are points you ask, click here to find out more.

edited to add:any new cherry can fill this out, but random points will only be given to those that have less than 500 post counts.

And WELCOME to ACOT!!!! We are glad you are here!!!!
How did you find ACOT??

Even during the 5 years I did not scrapbook I still looked at scrapbook stuff, so I've always shopped here.

I have no idea what technique I would like to learn...there are just too many.

I like to use 4x6 photos, so only one or two.

I'm a paper girl.

I completed a wedding album for a woman at work.

My scrap room is 1/4 office, 3/4 scrap room.

I just went to my first ever crop last weekend.

Storms, wooly worms, and heights give me the creeps.

I work noon to 9pm so I tend to be a night owl.

And my beverage of choice is a cold glass of sweet tea!

sallison

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? anywhere from 1 to 10

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I dabbled in digi a couple years ago, but it's just not the same as the tactile high I get from paper scrapping!

.What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I scrap my children and my family pretty much exclusively

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes!!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes! both

What gives you the creeps? the branches of the bushes that scrape against the metal siding of our home on windy night. eeeek!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? I can be both, depending on what the family's schedule is.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? sozzy Navals...sweet, refreshing, but not enough booze to get drunk

signrock

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? Stumbled into the site while looking for a LO inspiration.

What technique would you like to learn? I really need help in all areas. My pages are all looking the same

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? between 6 and 8 on a 2page LO.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper, although I am trying to start some digital work.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? May 2005 - in my daughter's album.

Do you have your own scrap room? I did, until it flooded :-( Now I use the dining room, the family room, living room, kitchen.....

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yup

What gives you the creeps? Public Speaking

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Captain n' Coke, or Margarita
~Net

amancuso

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? I was participating an a challenge on another forum when one of the ladies there mentioned this site, so i decided to check it out!

What technique would you like to learn? I always love learning any new techniques, especially different ways to make handmade flowers.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Most of my pages are a one or two photo layout.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Right now I am working on a Disney Album. My most recent completed page is of my hubby and myself with the fairy godmother.

Do you have your own scrap room? No, but I have a generous corner in our living room of our small apartment. I do beleive when we move this fall i will be getting my own room however!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes. I recently went to my first real life crop in over 5 years, and I participate in an online crop once a month. I would love to find more crops to attend!

What gives you the creeps? spiders.....gross!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night-owl on the weekends, early-bird during the work week.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? strawberry margarita!

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee