Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

amberella

Cherry Bomb

Re: let's talk eyebrows
I prefer to wax too, but... thirty bucks?!?! Does the wax have gold flakes in it? Usually smaller owner-run salons are much cheaper.. there's no reason it should cost that much just for eyebrows. I wouldn't do it if it did. :D
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

janello wrote:I have really light eyebrow so waxing doesn't really even show up....I just try to tweeze the wild hairs every now and then. I am lucky I don't have my dad's gorilla eyebrows!
Gorilla Brows...hee hee ...that made me giggle!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Well -- do I have some great news for you ladies! Eyebrows thin as you age. Yup - found this out first hand. Here's the rub, though. The grays - well those bad boys grow and grow - very fast. So - I have nearly nonexistant eyebrows with super long grays! It's wonderful!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

I go for the wax. I have an awesome hair stylist who will cut my hair and wax my brows for $30. I give her $40 and go every couple months or so. I try to pluck a little in between.
***Tanya***

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

I wax my own (perks of being a stylist)...tweeze the strays...it's work but it's better than the fuzzy caterpillars that would be there LOL
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Art_Teacher wrote:I actually don't stress over mine too much. I just leave them pretty natural and pluck if they get too out of hand (about once a month).
I'm in this group. I am very low maintenance when it comes to my appearance....I don't have wild eyebrows even though they are dark, I dye my own hair, and leave it long so haircuts are rare too lol. Even the hair on my legs isn't as thick as it was when I was younger...I guess one of those benefits of growing older! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

writerlady wrote:Well -- do I have some great news for you ladies! Eyebrows thin as you age. Yup - found this out first hand. Here's the rub, though. The grays - well those bad boys grow and grow - very fast. So - I have nearly nonexistant eyebrows with super long grays! It's wonderful!

great even my eyebrows can't age correctly! mine are getting thicker

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Haven't waxed in a long time; have considered threading; my sister has someone actually pluck hers and she does a great job.
Image Charlene

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

writerlady wrote:Well -- do I have some great news for you ladies! Eyebrows thin as you age. Yup - found this out first hand. Here's the rub, though. The grays - well those bad boys grow and grow - very fast. So - I have nearly nonexistant eyebrows with super long grays! It's wonderful!
I have a bunch of white hairs that I just leave alone. I do dread the day they all turn white!
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

happayscrappay wrote:wow, it's $30 here and I would have to have it done at least every month, probably more. I pluck every couple of days!

Holy cow!!! $30! I pay $5. But my gf is a nail tech and does my nails and brows at her house. But the asian places around here only charge $8. I have it done every 6 weeks. And she plucks a few for shaping. I CAN'T pluck myself...it hurts too much and my hands won't cooperate to grab the right hairs. Same reason I can;t wear contacts! Can't get the hand/eye coordination down!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Mine are dark and deep. I get them waxed every two month and tweeze in between. It costs about $8-10 to do and for me it's worth it as after two months I can't keep them shaped well especially on top.

Can you head to a smaller town near you?
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

dang! I like the prices where you all are! I think the cheapest I every paid for a wax was $15, it was out of town, and I thought I got an awesome deal!
Hi! I'm Rachel

anazelia

Cherry Cola

Art_Teacher wrote:I actually don't stress over mine too much. I just leave them pretty natural and pluck if they get too out of hand (about once a month).

me too

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

anazelia wrote:

me too

me three!!! :)
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

Cherry Bing

I wish eyebrows were my issue. I deal with lip and chin hairs... being dark hair gal has its disadvantages. Especially with wacky hormones after kids.

I have a natural arch.. but I do pluck once a week if that.. I get the strays.. and I dont tweeze mine to look like a sperm. My daughter tweezes hers what I think looks way too thin with a sperm head at the beginning.

the bonus to getting older- hair doesnt grow as fast. I dont have to shave my legs everyday in the summer like I used to.

I tried the waxes for eyebrows. got it too hot. and burnt my skin. Plus it never comes off on the sheet right. I tried the disolving creams.. the best thing I tried was sugaring. but I cant find it in the store anymore.

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

firemanswife7 wrote:I wish eyebrows were my issue. I deal with lip and chin hairs... being dark hair gal has its disadvantages. Especially with wacky hormones after kids.

I have a natural arch.. but I do pluck once a week if that.. I get the strays.. and I dont tweeze mine to look like a sperm. My daughter tweezes hers what I think looks way too thin with a sperm head at the beginning.

the bonus to getting older- hair doesnt grow as fast. I dont have to shave my legs everyday in the summer like I used to.

I tried the waxes for eyebrows. got it too hot. and burnt my skin. Plus it never comes off on the sheet right. I tried the disolving creams.. the best thing I tried was sugaring. but I cant find it in the store anymore.

note to self: don't read Lana's posts until you swallow what's in your mouth! the sperm thing just cracked me up

my guy did mine last night after he highlighted my hair and didn't charge me -

Cherry Bing

Lol sorry, should warn ya. Sometimes I can be a lil graphic. but be honest you know some people pluck their eyebrows so severe it looks like a comercial for a sperm bank on their forhead...

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

you crack me up!
I keep hoping that all the hairs in places they don't belong will just go white like the stuff on my head so I don't have to think about them anymore. there have to be advantages to premature gray hair
Hi! I'm Rachel

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Ah - a new term

SPERM BROWS!

firemanswife7 wrote:I wish eyebrows were my issue. I deal with lip and chin hairs... being dark hair gal has its disadvantages. Especially with wacky hormones after kids.

Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Cherry Bing

lol...

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee