need help on organize paper

Moderator: ACOT Employee

4brats
Cherry Tart

need help on organize paper

Post by 4brats »

How do you organize your paper? Iam a paper HOG now i need to organize my mess. I have cropper hopper holder, do i do colors or what?
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Re: need help on organize paper

Post by Queen Mum »

I have my cardstock organized by color.

I have lots of paper packs so they are organized by theme: Winter, Spring, Travel, Metallic, heritage. Then I have another Iris cart container of K&Co, another of Anna Griffin, etc

Strays are organized by color

Some papers have matching embellishments so they are organized together.

I hoard.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

my cardstock is by color in the rolling unit pictured in the corner

my patterned paper is in ArtBin super satchel cases stacked up on the floor. I have one for 'sets' which are times when I by a good size chunk of a complete line and embellys, then I have a pet one, holiday, and then the rest are pretty much sorted by manufacturer. I tried color on the patterned paper at one time but it didn't work out well for me.

ammielou
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 263

Post by ammielou »

I use shipping boxes from the post office. I organize by color, holiday, boy, girl, and pet.
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

I organize my cardstock by color and my paper by company first and then by the line within the company.
dreamsofnyssa
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by dreamsofnyssa »

I use the vertical paper holders. I have my cardstock in order by color and patterned paper is together by manufacturer.
Stefani *Ü*
My Blog: Dreams Of Nyssa

deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

I organize by keeping it all in a big stack...I don't recommend that method!

I have started pulling out holidays and putting them into large ziplocs with the appropriate embellishments, but otherwise it's a mess. Someday when my room is done hopefully I'll decide how I want to organize it.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

i organize my plain cardstock by color families....and then things like K& Company and my Core'dinations are grouped by brand name. Of course it is way outta control either way.

and i keep my scraps in an Iris 12x12 bin...not organized just kind of thrown in any which way...which explains why i usually don't dig thru it
ImageImage
Cherry Bing

Post by »

Okay I found this old rolling tv stand. I keep cropper hopper plastic vertical organisers in. I sort them alphabetically by company name that way in case I want to apply for a contest or crop using a particular product, i know where it is. (you can get priority boxes and cover them in pretty paper after you cut an angle on it). I keep specialty papers together like glitter paper/die cuts etc.
dshepard
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 520

Post by dshepard »

Most of mine is in vertical storage. Solids by colors, patterns by themes or styles like masculine, feminine, geometrics, etc. My seasonal stuff and holidays are grouped together with the embellishments in 12x12 drawers. Good luck!
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

Cardstock is by color family.

Pattern Papers are by company then by line and embellishments that go with them. If I purchase a kit from one of the kit sites it is kept together. These two are kept in large zip loc bags (perfect way to use the bags which come with ACOT orders). Once a line or kit gets down to two or three papers they put with the stray papers. The only manufacturer I always keep together is Nikki Sivils since her colors match so well between lines. Stray papers are kept by pattern type: Stripes, Circles, floral, word, and geometrics. Vellum is kept separate. I don't have many theme papers and what little I have is kept together by theme.

Scraps are kept in a Creative Memories Power Layout Kit. The cardstock kept by color. All other scraps by the five categories. Helps me to manage my scraps and keep them to a minimum.
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

bluejeans7 wrote:I organize my cardstock by color and my paper by company first and then by the line within the company.
Okay I forgot to add that I store all my paper and cardstock in those vertical paper holders from Cropper Hopper.
Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 151

Post by Ashjoy »

How do you scrap? If you scrap by manu then organize by manu, if you scrap by mixing manus the do it by color. It's gotta be what will work for you, or it won't be organized long.
Joyce 

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

bluejeans7 wrote:I organize my cardstock by color and my paper by company first and then by the line within the company.
This is exactly how I do it! And I have tons....and tons....and tons!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Sandi0805
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2310

Post by Sandi0805 »

Ayla wrote:
This is exactly how I do it! And I have tons....and tons....and tons!
Well great minds do think alike. This is exactly how I have mine organized. I have individual cropper hopper folders for each line and then they go straight on the shelf. When I run am out of folders or don't have much of one line, then I use a divider and put the papers in the cropper hopper holder. Christmas and other holidays all have their own folders etc. Like Nancy said, I have way too much and I just gave away about 450 sheets of chatterbox and mme to a friend that is starting out scrapping.
 Image ImageImage
sakura-panda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by sakura-panda »

I organize my paper by product line. If I only have a couple of sheets of something, I have a box set aside for those and I think of it as "assorted". :D Most of my pp has been bought either as a complete set of a line, or as a montly kit that featured a line, so that is the easiest way for me to sort it.

My cardstock is organized by color in one of these:

I looked at the Cropper Hopper vertical storage, but decided I didn't want to make the investment. If this one didn't work, I was out $8 and I could go back and give a second look to the $35 Cropper Hopper system.
~ Katie ~

Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Same here.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”