Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

Fruit Dip
Anyone have a yummy fruit dip recipe you want to share with me? My baby girl's promotion is coming up in less then two weeks and we are having guests over after the promotion for cake but I also want to have a huge fruit tray with lots of different fruit dips. I would love some yummy recipes if you have some to share with me. :)

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Fruit Dip
I always make one that is just a brick of cream cheese and a jar of marshmallow fluff. It's yummy.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

Yup...my favorite is the one Jenna mentioned.

You can also mix in 1/2 a jar (or more, to taste) of caramel ice cream topping into that recipe. It's GREAT on apples! :-D

Ayla

Cherry Addict

craftyfool wrote:Yup...my favorite is the one Jenna mentioned.

You can also mix in 1/2 a jar (or more, to taste) of caramel ice cream topping into that recipe. It's GREAT on apples! :-D
That sounds yummy!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

Those both sound good. Anyone else have something different?

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

deerewife wrote:I always make one that is just a brick of cream cheese and a jar of marshmallow fluff. It's yummy.
I've done that one with added nutmeg and a little orange juice. YUM!

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Lynda

javalove

Cherry Bing

My daughter can even make this one. It's very easy but tasty...great for spring and summer!

1 cup milk

1 3.4-oz. package instant lemon pudding mix

8 oz. sour cream

Whisk milk and pudding for 2 min. Let stand 2 - 3 min until soft set. Whisk in sour cream. Chill.
Lisa

Image Image

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I used to make a dip with whipped cream and a strawberry Jello flavor.

Just a tub of whipped cream, than you grab one of the strawberry flavors like strawberry bannana, or strawberry kiwi, or whichever, and than just mix in the power to the whipped cream. It's a bit sweet and has a fruity flavor and is delicious for dipping fruits in - any kind!! Just start with half a package of the jello first though and after mixing it, see if you like how strong it is, if not, than keep adding more to taste. :-D

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

Mine is just a little bit different and I even vary how I make it based on what I am doing....

1 pkg. cream cheese
1 jar of Kraft marshmallow creme
....DO NOT use Fluff, it doesn't work!!!

Now here's where I can vary

For a very basic dip, I add 1 cup of VANILLA yogurt to the above mixture and 3 tbs. of Orange Juice. (Another variation I have done with the basic dip is instead of the oj, I put the juice from a can of Mandarin Oranges in the mix (then put the oranges on the fruit platter)

For a fancier dip, instead of Vanilla Yogurt I use Yoplait Creamy Raspberry and Strawberry Yogurts. I usually add 2 full containers and part of a third....depends on what consistency you like.

The yogurt gives it a little tart to offset the sweet from the marshmallow creme. I must make this a dozen times over the course of a year! I'm always voltuneered to bring fruit trays and my "Sub In A Bowl" spread to events!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

sugar_crystalz

Sweet Cherry Pie

I made one a couple months ago that had mayo, sour cream, and marshmallow in it. Sounds weird but it was actually really good (and I'm not a big fan of mayo). It was a little tangy rather than being sickly sweet. I'll see if I have the recipe saved and come back and post it.
**Crystal** Scrapping, knitting mama to 3 girls!

jmitchell05

Cherry Picker

I was gonna say cream cheese and marshmallow, cream cheese and yogurt, and caramel. You can do different flavors just by changing the kind/flavor of yogurt; vanilla, strawberry, peach.
Jessi

Cherry Jubilee

deerewife wrote:I always make one that is just a brick of cream cheese and a jar of marshmallow fluff. It's yummy.

I do this, but add a teaspoon or so of vanilla. Also, sometimes I've added food coloring just for fun!

Cherry Jubilee

SusanZenn wrote:Mine is just a little bit different and I even vary how I make it based on what I am doing....

1 pkg. cream cheese
1 jar of Kraft marshmallow creme
....DO NOT use Fluff, it doesn't work!!!

Now here's where I can vary

For a very basic dip, I add 1 cup of VANILLA yogurt to the above mixture and 3 tbs. of Orange Juice. (Another variation I have done with the basic dip is instead of the oj, I put the juice from a can of Mandarin Oranges in the mix (then put the oranges on the fruit platter)

For a fancier dip, instead of Vanilla Yogurt I use Yoplait Creamy Raspberry and Strawberry Yogurts. I usually add 2 full containers and part of a third....depends on what consistency you like.

The yogurt gives it a little tart to offset the sweet from the marshmallow creme. I must make this a dozen times over the course of a year! I'm always voltuneered to bring fruit trays and my "Sub In A Bowl" spread to events!

I use marshmallow fluff all the time... I've never had a problem with it not working.

amberella

Cherry Bomb

I've had several of these recipes, and they're all good... but I'm kinda lazy so I usually just use vanilla yogurt. :P
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

scrapbookmary

Cherry Bing

Yummy! These all sound delicious. I think I'll try a couple for my upcoming scrap retreat.
...... but age is such a triumph over youth,
again, because you moved across the years to here.
Leaving there where it belongs
for youth to come along and re-discover. by Rod McKuen

Judes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I just use yogurt, flavored or not.
[font=Arial:ohrhf522]Pages completed in 2010: 179
Pages completed in 2011: 121
An ideologue knows he's right. A person of faith knows only that he doesn't know. ----Walter Gustafson, Everett. From Seattle Times, Letters to the Editor, 26 Mar 2007.[/font:ohrhf522][/size:ohrhf522][/font]

3 Pals

Cherry Bomb

I loved my Mom's I think it is... cream cheese, sour cream and crushed pineapple that is muddled through a strainer to get all the juice and a little pulp and I think a little confectioner sugar (2-3 Tbls) but I never like it too sweet so never thought it needed it. She made it to a fairly thin consistency but I suppose that can be altered with more cream cheese less juice etc.
ImageImage Image
Ann

bluejeans7

Bowl Full of Cherries

Thanks for all the ideas ladies. I'm going to try a couple of these.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee