Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

digi_scrapper

Cherry Tart

Re: ***New Cherry Questionairre***
emarie803 wrote: Wow, thank you! Did you know that we also share a birthday?? :-D

Hi! Very nice to meet you! :-D
I did not know we shared the same birthday! That is so cool. I can tell from your picture that I'm "ahem" a lot older. lol

I love checking out your gallery! You are very talented. How do you whip out so many lo's?

I saw that you have a blog and clicked on it to follow you. I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't read it yet. I haven't gotten into the whole blogging thing yet although I'm trying. I started one up last December just to write down things I've done so I wouldn't be at such a loss when it came to journaling on my pages. I only have about 5 entries. Ha!

I'm also new to the "forum" thing as well. (Can you believe I'm taking computer science classes? ha)
I started doing the journal challenges to be more active and meet people. I've written 3 but only uploaded one. I hope to get better at that.

Thank you so much for writing!
Sue

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

How did you find ACOT?? I was searching on Google for Stickles!

What technique would you like to learn?I want to learn how to use PSE8 for scrapping; I own PSE8 and completed a class recently.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? usually 5-6

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I am compiling a scrapbook (paper) for my granddaughtter now but would prefer to go digi.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?My gd was born in 2001, and I started her book; however, I stopped (do not know/remember why. I retired after teaching 25 years and now will play "catch up." I have nine years of digi pics with loadds of events to place in her book. I am also writing poems and journal entries as much as possible and including keepsakes...big challenge.

Do you have your own scrap room?Yes, our house was built in the sixties and has a "formal living room," which we would never decorate! It is my office and now scrap room. I have been busily organizing.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes, we have a shop here in LA that is really nice --but expensive...

What gives you the creeps? mice--more than anything else; dirty old men; drunks; snakes; litter boxes; complete darkness; hurricanes; open coffins with loved ones inside; the thought of losing a child or my granddaughter...

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Well, it is 2:37 am right now--def a N.Owl!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? I rarely have a drink but love strawberry diquiris and Corona Light beer with lime.

Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

GoldenDragonfly

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? :-D
I found ACOT by searching top scrapbooking supplies on google.

What technique would you like to learn?
I have a lot to learn. I've really just started only a few months ago so any lesson would be great.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout?
I love to place one photo but in order to do that the photo has to be really good. I guess most of the time only one or two.

Are you into digital or paper layouts?
Started off with digital about a year ago & I decided that I want something I can hold and look at or feel. Right now I'm loving my paper layouts.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?
One of my disorders is ADHD. So because of the I want to do it all at one time. Right now working on "Family", "About Me" & "Christmas Past"

Do you have your own scrap room?

I don't know if you would call it a scrap room or a scrap area. I have everything like my desk, my containers, my paper (divided by color)...

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life?
No but I would love to. Maybe soon :)

What gives you the creeps?
Spiders

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird?
night-owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage?

Coca-Cola
GoldenDragonfly

BarbK

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??

I participated in ADSR5 and also, one of the designers I know from another board told me about ACOT. So, looking forward to getting to know you better.

Don't know yet, haven't had much time here, but will definitely be looking around.

Usually 3 or 4. If the photo is spectacular (as are most pics of my grandchildren....hehehe) then I showcase them individually.

Definitely digital.....I can't scrap on paper for the life of me and absolutely do not understand THAT!

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)?

Most recent page was about Jackson and bugs. You can see it on my blog, if you like!

I LOVE BUGS

Absolutely! Couldn't live with out it, but then I don't have young children to house.

Yes, in 2007 went to Mall of America for Scrap and Stamp Fest and met up with friends from a cardmaking website. There were 16 of us and I'm proud to say that I organized the trip re: hotels, scrap rooms and stuff like that. It was the best weekend ever and I came home broke!

Real life mice! I have a phobia and DH had to take 2 days off work once and I needed medication to calm me down. I was alone in the house and it was out to get me.

Early-bird.

7-up

This was fun, thanks for asking.

maggie3333

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? I go on a site called Scrapbook Daily Deals each day. There are links to several sites that have scrapbook deals that change daily. They recently added ACOT and so I have been checking out your site recently.

What technique would you like to learn? I would like to learn more about using MTC to make die cuts on my Cricut. It seems to be so time consuming for me and I would like to learn more tricks on how to speed up the process.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I usually only do 2-page layouts so typically I use 4 or 6 pics on each 2-page layout (2-3 pics per 12 x 12 page).

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I do paper layouts but I occasionally use digital elements that I print out on my computer.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I most recently completed Fall and Halloween from last year (I don't scrap in chronological order...I just work on whatever I am in the mood to scrap). Right now I am shopping for product to scrap my wedding.

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes, it's in the basement and I am now spilling out into our family room in the basement because I buy way too much! We are currently in the planning process for building a new home and I am designing my own scrap room that will be HUGE above our garage. I cannot wait!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? I love crops! I try to go to Archiver's here by my house once every month or two. I also have gone to crops at a local non-profit that has free services for cancer survivors and their families.

What gives you the creeps? Close talkers

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? I am a night owl and stay up to about 2 am but have to get up at 7:30 each morning during the week to get ready and get my son off to preschool.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? My fave drink is a fuzzy navel...I love peach! A lot of places don't serve it so I love Riesling and Dr. Loosen Bros is my fave brand.

ElizabethC

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? You know I don't remember. I thing I found it from someone's blog and it led me here.

What technique would you like to learn? I am not a technique kind of girl, so its okay. I just stick with what I know.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Anywhere from 3-4 normally.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? I've never done digi and don't have a desire too. I am a paper girl through and through.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Where our DD is right now in her life.

Do you have your own scrap room? Well sort of. I am in our den. So is Dayv and Alyssa. However the room is pretty much mine.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes.

What gives you the creeps? Death. Although I know where I'll be going and look forward to that, death is really weird to me.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? I am an early-bird. I stopped fighting it years ago!

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Hot tea or water.

MonicaInRaleigh

Cherry Tart

I am Monica from Raleigh ...as you can see from my log in :D

How did you find ACOT?? customer

What technique would you like to learn? not sure

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 1 -4

Are you into digital or paper layouts? paper

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? did a layout about my hubbies fantasy football obsession :D

Do you have your own scrap room? kind of - its a hallway

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? yes, both

What gives you the creeps? spiders and snakes!

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? night owl !

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? hmmm mudslides, baileys and cream , pina coladas... sweet and smooth!

craftyk

Cherry Bing

How did you find ACOT?? I don't really remember... but it may have been from searching google.

What technique would you like to learn? There are so many I don't know where to start!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? It depends. Mostly on photo size or my mood.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper, but I really want to learn how to do digital scrapbooking.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Birthday theme

Do you have your own scrap room? No, but I have a scrapbook / craft area!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? No not yet.

What gives you the creeps? Spiders, bugs.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Definately a night-owl.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Whatever I'm in the mood for at that time.

jmitchell05

Cherry Picker

How did you find ACOT?? It was more than 2 years ago, I don't remember. I either found it because I was searching for online stores or I found it through my online swap group.

What technique would you like to learn? embossing

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 3-5

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? I am working on baby pages for a friend

Do you have your own scrap room? not exactly, I have the dining area, which means we never eat at the table

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Both, I love crops, even if I don't get anything done.

What gives you the creeps? snakes

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? nite-owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? rum and coke

Jessi

lynnayars

Cherry Tart

So to introduce myself. I am Lynn, I live in Central MA and am a single mom of 2 handsome boys (well young men at 18 and 20). I take care of my 77 year old mother and I have a 1 year old tortoiseshell colored tabby named Turtle. I love God and Jesus is my Lord and savior. I enjoy reading mysteries and crafting. I attend a Methodist church and am always trying to learn. Unfortunately, I get easily distracted and can't remember stuff like I used to. And here are my answers:

How did you find ACOT??
I don't remember. Probably Google search for a certain product. I think stuff for my son's school album.

What technique would you like to learn? Digital Scrappin'
How many photos do you usually place on a layout? 4 - 6

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Well I am trying to do a heritage book for my mom and a school album for my son that just graduated high school.

Do you have your own scrap room? no. i wish. All my stuff is packed up and I only scrap at crops.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Until this past weekend I had only been to real life crops.

What gives you the creeps? I can't watch real medical procedures like on TLC or Discovery. Other stuff like bugs, snakes, spiders, dirt doesn't bother me.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? a complete NIGHT owl.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? A margarita on ice with salt.

Love, Luck and Lollipops - Lynn

evolhk

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? My BFF Google ;-)

What technique would you like to learn? All of them!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Meh, 2 or 3 tops

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Both, although I know very little about the former

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Zip. Zero. Zilch. Seriously. I scrapped loads a few years ago and then I loaned my entire LOT of supplies and tools to a coworker for the weekend so that she could create a scrapbook for her fiance's birthday. She never came back to work and I've only just stopped being bitter enough to replace things. :x

Do you have your own scrap room? Not exactly. I do have a spare room that is all my own. It currently holds my elliptical and some boxes that need to be unpacked.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Yes, in real life a few years ago. Online crops sound fun :)

What gives you the creeps? Snakes

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? 100% Night Owl

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? The best brew on tap, usually. My hubby & I brew our own beer, so I'm kind of a beer snob.

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Hi, my name is Mildred Gehrke and I live in MN. I am married and have 2 girls (24 and 18). I am new to both scrapbooking and this site. I taught myself to scrapbook by using google and the sites I found. I have been scrapbooking for 1 year now and have lots to learn yet. I have finished 1 12x12 album and 1 8x8 album. The 8x8 album is of my youngest daughter's puggle Molli, and the 12x12 album is of my youngest daughter's senior year. I have several other themes for albums in mind, but can only work on one at a time.

How did you find ACOT??
- I was on another scrapbook site and they advertized ACOT. I really love this site.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? - I have a hard time choosing my photos, so I usually have more than one. Depending on the size of the photos I choose will determine how many I put on my layout.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? - Paper Layouts

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? - I am creating an album for my daugher and her boyfriend.

Do you have your own scrap room? - Yes I have my own scraproom.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? - No I have never been.

What gives you the creeps? - Reptiles or any kind.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? - early-bird. I have a full time day job and start work at 6:30am, so I am up in the morning at 4:30am.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? - UV Blue and 7up......NUMMY!!!!!!!
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

wonderalice23

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??
Pretty sure I saw it somewhere in CK magazine....
Hm...., more intricate scrap designs...

Really depends on my layout, I think the most is 4 so far

Paper!

Don't tell..its a suprise homemade baby book for my sister!
Pretty much....the only other things in the room are a secretary desk for our bills/important stuff and a bookcase for our magazines and cookbooks.
Yes, love them, going to one on Saturday!
Not too much really...I like bugs, snakes and rodents....but honestly the only bug that really "bugs" me are silverfish....just darn creepy lookin!
Night owl.....trying to be a normal hours gal at some point
Hah! Not so much a drinker....honestly give me a pepsi or a milkshake (because these are definitely not AM foods for most, except me)

~Jenn, aka Spooky

teresar66

Cherry Blossom

How did you find ACOT?? I was searching for sites to get ideas for LOs.

What technique would you like to learn? Distressing technique and using distressing inks and embossing powders

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? Depends on my mood and/or layout I'm trying out.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper all the way. I love to feel the paper and elements that I use.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? For myself I'm starting a scrapbook for the trip to Disneyland I took at Halloween time. I'm also doing an 8x8 albm for a friend.

Do you have your own scrap room? I wish I did.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? NO but I would love to.

What gives you the creeps? Rattlesnakes.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Depends on the day and how I feel.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Dr. Pepper or tea usually

http://papergalore.blogspot.com/

April Goals: 0/20 Layouts

2011 Layout Total: 36 Layouts

o1mommy

Cherry Blossom

How did you find ACOT??
A friend from work.

Distressing.

2 or more.

Paper but hope to try some digital.

Kind of in a funk right now. Hoping seeing some of the work hear and participating insome challenges will get motivated again.

Dare to dream.

No but looking into one this spring with my coworker.

Spiders

Night Owl
Coffee

Thnak you for givingme the opportunity in participating.

TheQueenofthecrop

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??

Youtube

How to use tool effectively.

1-3

Paper

Mini album with K&C theme Serendipity

Yes, I love it!

Unfortunatley not.

Night-owl

AM Coffee PM Arnold Palmer

www.thequeenofthecrop.blogspot.com

semaras

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT?? I was googling to try and find some supplies for a book I'm preparing to do for my daughter's first year of high school, and... Voila: I landed here! :-D

What technique would you like to learn? Digital.

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I like visual variety, so anywhere from 1-6, I suppose. Haven't gotten started yet though; I'm just now stockpiling supplies for my first book.

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper for this first one, then hopefully, digital.

What page/theme are you working on right now (or did you complete most recently)? Basketball, track, and general high school pictures for my daughter. Desperately seeking paper supplies in royal a blue and gold combo, as those are her school colors, and I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to do this. I have found lots of blue, and lots of gold, but I'm not having much luck finding the colors together. :?

Do you have your own scrap room? Nope; I may try and set up a table in my office/kids' homework room when I really get down to business.

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? Once, maaaaany years ago, I went to a cropping party. That was almost 14 years back.

What gives you the creeps? Peering over the edge of a cliff... so I avoid doing that, lol.

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Night owl, without question.

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Gin and tonic when I go out (rarely) and the occasional beer at home.

babyblueangel_30

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??
I found the site in a search awhile ago.. a year or 2 ago just looking for online scrap stores.

Id like to learn hmm Im not quite sure.. there are so many things I don't know how to do.. I think ribbon sculpture looks pretty cool

Usually 2-3

Paper

Most recently I completed an ocean/beach theme layout

I do kinda, one half of the room is mine and the other half is my husbands office.. but we're moving soon and I will have my own scrap room

Never been to one... but looking forward to the online one here this weekend.

Spiders

definitely a night owl

Not a big drinker.. so Im gonna go with Pepsi :D.. but if I have to choose an alcoholic beverage I'd say a Strawberry Vodka

This was fun thanks! :D

Hey Jude

Cherry Tart

How did you find ACOT??
I found ACOT quite a few years ago when it was Stickers Galore on the web while surfing in search of paper scrapbooking products. Iv'e been a fan every since then. :-D

I'd be interested to learn how to blend the photos in a digital layout into the background, I think however you need to have Photoshop to learn that. :?

Minimum four usually about six on two pages. I am accustomed to doing layouts of two pages, I don't do one pagers unless the papers on the opposite side can be made to "work" together. Example I'd never put a layout done in purple and pinks on a page opposite a page done with blue's and blacks.

I was a paper scrapper for years, maybe ten. For a while a friend and I were doing scrapbooks for clients and I fell behind paper scrapping pages for four grandkids. So about a month ago I hopped onto the digital band wagon. Pretty sure I'll catch up much quicker!

Just finished a layout in blues and whites with a touch of pink for my grandaughter titled Winter in VT.

Yes I do have my own scrap room and now I've captured the computer as well (that has it's own room too - now mine LOL!)

I've been to many crops but never one online.

Parking lots at night when I'm alone.

Been an early-bird all my life. I love worms! :-D

I'm pretty boring at 5 O'clock so a Fuze Empower drink of Gogi Wild Berry is pretty much it for me. (Unless I'm at a Bluegrass Fest, then I'll probably nurse a Cherry Vodka and Coke.) ;)

BarbE2187

Cherry Tart

I'm not sure I qualify but I am new to the forum. I've been shopping at ACOT for a couple of years now..just never realized they had a forumn. :o)

How did you find ACOT?? I found the forum today in an email about the crop

What technique would you like to learn? I love hand making my own flowers and would love to learn how to make as many kinds as possible!

How many photos do you usually place on a layout? I'm a one photo scrapper most of the time

Are you into digital or paper layouts? Paper! I spend enough time on the computer, I like to scrap to get away from it all :o)

Here is a layout I finished yesterday.

Do you have your own scrap room? Yes I do and I love it!

Have you ever been to a crop, either online or in real life? In real life, this is my first online crop

What gives you the creeps? Spiders and snakes

Are you a night-owl or an early-bird? Early Bird

What is your favorite "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" beverage? Caffeine free coke - I drink coffee all day so I go caffeine free at night :o)

[/quote]

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee