Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Kitkat137

Sweet Cherry Pie

Recipe Scrapbook
I am thinking about starting a recipe scrapbook. Has anyone else ever done this? What size album did you use? How did it work for you? Any suggestions?
Kat >^..^<

Image Image Image

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Recipe Scrapbook
I have never done this, but it sure sounds like something right up my alley! I will be anxious to see what responses you get, and would love to see any results you do!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

cort

Cherry Bing

OHH I am very curious too. I would like to do ones with my grandmothers recipes in it. So I'm going to tag along and see what you get.
ImageImage

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Years ago I purchased a 5x7 card file for my daughter with an embossing punch for her from Williams Sonoma. I thought when my son found the young lady he wanted to marry I would do the same. I changed my mind when I started scrapping. I have the album, I have the papers, and I have just not started.

The recipe album will include family favorites. Some come from my cookbook collection, some are passed down from my husband's family and some from mine. I'll find a book stand for it, too. I also plan on taking a photo finished dish for each recipe.

My son will turn 23 this year and my daughter just turned 24. Both seem absorbed on getting their degrees first. My daughter is working on her Masters and then will start teaching. My son is still working on his Bachelors and plans on going through to his Doctorate. Oh well, marriage for both and then grandkids seem a distant future.

Cherry Jubilee

I have done a few recipe books. I have one that is 8x8. And I've done several 6x6 recipe cards (mostly from swaps). I have put those into 12x12 albums (2 cards to a page and then I decorated the base pages a little more. I like that size best. Also, I have a 6x6 flip album from CTMH that I put my "used alot" recipes and leave that on the counter. Like it's got a few of the cookie recipes I do regularly, my chicken fried steak, banana bread, etc.

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

I was on a board once, where a group of us did a recipe book. They were 4x6 cards I believe or maybe 6x6. We each chose a recipe, scrapbooked it and send copies to everyone in the group. I'll have to find it and post it. It was really cute.
Image Charlene

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I did one awhile ago from a few swaps i did when I was a paper scrapper, it was 6x6. Now I have a box, I'm working on turning into a recipe box, hybrid style. The cards will probably be an odd size but perfect for my KaiserCraft box ;) If anyone is interest I'm sure I could come up with a template. :)

Ayla

Cherry Addict

MindySue wrote:I have done a few recipe books. I have one that is 8x8. And I've done several 6x6 recipe cards (mostly from swaps). I have put those into 12x12 albums (2 cards to a page and then I decorated the base pages a little more. I like that size best. Also, I have a 6x6 flip album from CTMH that I put my "used alot" recipes and leave that on the counter. Like it's got a few of the cookie recipes I do regularly, my chicken fried steak, banana bread, etc.
Are you willing to share your chicken friend steak recipe? That sounds so good!!!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

KarenL

Cherry Tart

I have made several, and they always turn out darling! My favorite is to use glassine bags that I sew together and then cover with gaffer tape. I have often decorated with Cosmo Cricket Early Bird line because of the cute cooking theme. By using the glassine bags, you have automatic pockets for putting extra recipe cards inside, along with photos or stories of family recipes. It's easy, very cute, and works well. Message me with any questions, Karen

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

I have done 2 of these. One 6x6 and one 8x8. the 8x8 was a Christmas memory/recipe SB for my sister. Each picture or story had an accompanying recipe with it. Her MIL made tamales from scratch each Christmas with the women in the family. I printed her recipe on lined binder paper. I distressed it with ink and crinkled it up and really "aged" it. then I carefully tore it into 4 pieces w/o losing any of the recipe and put it on the page with a picture of the MIL and the story of the tamale making. That was my fav page but the point is to use recipes that go with family stories and/or pictures. My sister treasures that album
The 6x6 was more "modern". I did a variety of recipes decorated to match the food - like orange and green with dancing chili peppers on a good Mexican food recipe.
Both were well received but I must say the Christmas one was the best.

Good luck and looking forward to your project.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I never made one, but I'm planning on making 2 for gifts.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

bfaretra

Cherry Bing

I have one "in progress" - it has been "in progress" for two years. I am making 9 of them - one each for me, my siblings and my son. The focus is recipes from my mother & grandmother. I am doing them in 8 1/2 x 11 binders. Some pages are paper, some will be digital & some are hybrid. My goal is to get them done for Christmas, which should be reasonable since I have the supplies and my list. I am waiting on some stories and photos from my siblings. When I was growing up we always got to choose the dinner meal on our birthdays. I am making sure that those recipes and stories about them will be in the book. I am including photos of some of the dishes but not all. For some reason there seems to be a lot of cake & cookie recipes.........

msims6

Cherry Tart

Last year I decided to do a family recipe book My vision was to include pictures and stories along with family recipes the pics and stories could be of anything not just food related as long as family related. I sent out an email to my family and got one response so it has been a slow go on this project for me but would love to see others ideas and progress. I was going to scrap every page myself but do a 8x8 printed by shutterfly with a hard binding this way others could pay a small price and have their own copy.

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

"I sent out an email to my family and got one response so it has been a slow go on this project "

LOL I find that nagging, reminding, nagging, sending notes, nagging, calling and nagging and finally nagging seem to help but not always. But the same folks who dont respond will be the first to point out anythng that doesnt agree with their memories or any mistakes in the finished product.

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

msims6 wrote:Last year I decided to do a family recipe book My vision was to include pictures and stories along with family recipes the pics and stories could be of anything not just food related as long as family related. I sent out an email to my family and got one response so it has been a slow go on this project for me but would love to see others ideas and progress. I was going to scrap every page myself but do a 8x8 printed by shutterfly with a hard binding this way others could pay a small price and have their own copy.

I had exactly the same idea 2 Christmas' ago. I was going to do them for my 3 sisters, mom & aunt. I sent an email also and only ended up with a few recipes. I know if I buckle down and hound my family, I can get it done, but for now it's pretty much been put on the back burner.

---------------------------------------------------------

koala1966

Cherry Delight

I did one when I first started scrapbooking - it was digital (well PowerPoint, lol) and 8 1/2 x 11 because we wanted to give a copy to every family within our family and we needed it to be easy (and cheap) to print. It was all family recipes, and I included pictures of family members who were somehow associated with each recipe (they made it, or it was their favorite, or something like that). I printed the pages on bright white 90 lb paper and put them into page protectors, then into a 3 ring binder. This way the pages are protected from spills and we can easily add to the books. Everyone loved them.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Make sure it's not too big to fit on a shelf with other cookbooks.

Lynda

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee