Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

elanab

Cherry Tart

Favorite embossing machine?
Hi,
I'm super new here. I'm wondering what everyone's favorite embossing machine is. I've been looking at the Cuttlebug vs. the Big Kick, and I've looked a little bit at the Texture Boutique. I don't scrap super frequently, as I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old. I go on a few retreats per year instead, so I'm looking for something that travels well. Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

LuvUMore

Cherry Picker

Re: Favorite embossing machine?
:-D I've borrowed my friends Cuttlebug and really liked it so I'min the market for one... anxious to follow this thread and see what others have to say.
August Goal 1/10 layouts 9/20 cards
Mini Album for Mom

ImageImageImageImage Image

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Welcome, elanab!!! Hope you stick around. I don't have an embossing machine, just an old Fiskars manual thingie, but I hope you get some good machine reviews.

Lynda

Ashjoy

Cherry Bomb

I only have the CB here, and love it.
Joyce 

cort

Cherry Bing

I just got the big kick for christmas, and haven't used it to emboss with yet ( been in a crafty slump for some reason :bludconfused:)

I also own the texture boutique ( it was my first embossing machine.) you are limited to using an a-2 sized card (approx, a small note card with it.) I love it and it's super easy to use. But it embosses only.

However if you don't have a die cutting machine, the big kick might be a better choice since it can be used for die cutting and embossing)

Don't know how much that helps, and welcome!
ImageImage

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Glad you posted this. I don't have an embossing machine and I too are in the market for one. I just get so confused and stressed when doing the research and comparing all the products. So I'm going to spy here and watch all the wise cherries give you advice...maybe I'll learn something :)

chattyscrapper

Sweet Cherry Pie

Hi. I have a big kick and love it. It embosses and does die cutting too. I'm hooked on Tim Holtz dies. it works great for me. I've heard good things about the cuttlebug too, but haven't used it personally.

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

i'm not too big on embossing, so i got this cute, inexpensive one from Sizzix:

no big reason for the purchase other than it's cute (i'm shallow like that, lol :-D )
but it uses any Cuttlebug plates though & i can even emboss chipboards with it!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I have both a Cuttlebug and a Big Shot (same as Big Kick, I think). I love them both. I use the Cuttlebug for now, because I don't have a great place to put out the Big Shot, but I love the versatility of the Big Shot - it takes ALL Sizzix dies, Cuttlebug and all other dies, including Spellbinders. Plus it embosses, and the Sizzix embossing folders they are selling now are pretty great. Best of luck picking something - and have fun with it!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

LuvUMore

Cherry Picker

scrapsakes wrote:i'm not too big on embossing, so i got this cute, inexpensive one from Sizzix:

no big reason for the purchase other than it's cute (i'm shallow like that, lol :-D )

I've seen those and I agree with you, very cute! I have a cricut so if I got something it would be for embossing only... so many choices!
Mini Album for Mom

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

Welcome to the site!

As for an embossing machine, I have a Cuttlebug and I like it. It's versatile and you can use a lot of the other manufacturers dies and embossing folders with it. I saw a great link here showing which folders and dies work with which machines. I'll try to track it down.
Chrissy

ChrissyTina

Cherry Bing

venus70 wrote:Hi. I have a big kick and love it. It embosses and does die cutting too. I'm hooked on Tim Holtz dies. it works great for me. I've heard good things about the cuttlebug too, but haven't used it personally.

Do the TH dies work with the Cuttlebug?
Chrissy

megamay

Cherry Cola

scrapsakes wrote:i'm not too big on embossing, so i got this cute, inexpensive one from Sizzix:

I didnt know you could emboss chipboard with it! I have that one and like it except the only thing that bugs me is that it is so small. I would like if it would do just a little bit larger sized card. it's cute and works great though, and now I am totally going to try chipboard, and I might like it even more!

scrapbookmary

Cherry Bing

I had the Cuttlebug and loved it, but it broke! I didn't save the receipt and Provo Craft wouldn't take it back or exchange it without a receipt. So, I bought the Big Kick and it is much sturdier. I use it a lot, I recommend the Big Kick or Big Shot. I love it and it is wider, with a 6 inch opening. HTH.
...... but age is such a triumph over youth,
again, because you moved across the years to here.
Leaving there where it belongs
for youth to come along and re-discover. by Rod McKuen

LuvUMore

Cherry Picker

I just picked up the Texture Boutique one, got it on sale and paid 17.99 for it! I figure if I start doing a lot I may look into the Big Shot or the other one that was mentioned, but at that price, I just couldn't pass it up!:-D Glad to see I can use the cuttlebugs on it too, I picked one of those folders up as well.
Mini Album for Mom

bfaretra

Cherry Bing

I'm hoping to get a Texture Boutique this week. I just need something to emboss since I have my wonderful Cricut for cutting.

LuvUMore

Cherry Picker

bfaretra wrote:I'm hoping to get a Texture Boutique this week. I just need something to emboss since I have my wonderful Cricut for cutting.
I got mine at Michael's today- 40% off!
Mini Album for Mom

Kaylas_Bah

Cherry Berry

I have a BigKick and love it.
Lori
Image Image

Queenie451

Cherry Berry

I have the cuttlebug. I can emboss and die cut. I have several of the Tim Holtz dies and texture fades and have had no problem using them with the cutlebug.
ImageImageImage

harper828

Cherry Bing

I have the cuttlebug and love it. I use it to make my cards. I will be using it this weekend to scrap some pages.
Live, Love and Create

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee