We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

My Pineapple Cheese Ball Disaster....
I was making a pineapple cheese ball this afternoon. I accidentally added 2 cans of crushed pineapple instead of 1. My pineapple cheese ball is now pineapple cream cheese dip. LOL Oh well, dh loves it anway. Anyone else have any cooking disasters for the holidays?
Image ImageImage

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

Re: My Pineapple Cheese Ball Disaster....
I don't cook much...so no disasters yet unless my pigs in a blanket burn!
Image~Angie~

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

The dip sounds delicious! :-D

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

AnnOminous wrote:The dip sounds delicious! :-D
Thank you Ann. It really does taste good, just not what I expected and a lot more of it. LOL
Image ImageImage

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Oh no!! Lol at least it could be saved as dip! :-D :-D So far no mixups! My fresh tomato salsa turned out fab today! Learnred a new secret that really makes winter tomato salsa taste amazing!!! Hope my pasta salad comes out as well!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Haven't cooked yet, will do so tomorrow. But when I was 16, I decided to host thanksgiving dinner for my whole family...my brothers and sisters, my aunt and uncle and their kids. My mom had passed away the previous spring, but I didn't want family traditions to change. I had never been interested in cooking, so wasn't good at the timing that went into it. I horribly underestimated the time it would take to cook the turkey, and there weren't pop up timers in those days. I took the turkey out of the oven,a nd it was still pink inside. My dad had just gotten his very first microwave oven, so my sister in law sliced the turkey and placed in on a platter and put it into the microwave to finish cooking. Only we didn't realize she had used the platter from my grandmother's china, which has 22 karat gold trim around the edges. We turned around the see the platter glowing and the microwave making weird noises. But...the turkey was done by then, the rolls turned out great (I made rolls from scratch for the first time ever --can anyone say overachiever ambitious fool? lol).....the microwave worked great for another 20 years, and the platter cooled off and was fine. And I still have the set of china!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Ayla wrote:Haven't cooked yet, will do so tomorrow. But when I was 16, I decided to host thanksgiving dinner for my whole family...my brothers and sisters, my aunt and uncle and their kids. My mom had passed away the previous spring, but I didn't want family traditions to change. I had never been interested in cooking, so wasn't good at the timing that went into it. I horribly underestimated the time it would take to cook the turkey, and there weren't pop up timers in those days. I took the turkey out of the oven,a nd it was still pink inside. My dad had just gotten his very first microwave oven, so my sister in law sliced the turkey and placed in on a platter and put it into the microwave to finish cooking. Only we didn't realize she had used the platter from my grandmother's china, which has 22 karat gold trim around the edges. We turned around the see the platter glowing and the microwave making weird noises. But...the turkey was done by then, the rolls turned out great (I made rolls from scratch for the first time ever --can anyone say overachiever ambitious fool? lol).....the microwave worked great for another 20 years, and the platter cooled off and was fine. And I still have the set of china!
What a meal for such a young person to take on. I'm so glad the china platter survived. One time my son put a crystal bowl in the microwave, but it wasn't so lucky. It shattered to pieces.
Image ImageImage

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Oh yeah the melted cheese disaster in the bread bowl, ended up in the trash!
Have a coke and a smile!Image

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

scrapaholic wrote:Oh yeah the melted cheese disaster in the bread bowl, ended up in the trash!
Oh no! I think those bread bowls look so pretty, but I'm not brave enough to try making one. Sorry you had to trash yours.
Image ImageImage

MimaScraps/Lori

Cherry Bomb

Hope everyone enjoys the delicious meals you gals cook! I know they will...
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

JDs Mom

Cherry Bomb

Nothing major, thank goodness! Got the cinnamon rolls a little browner than I like them for the bread pudding but that's ok...they just soaked up more of the glop and turned out yummy anyway. For dinner this evening we had fruitcake-stuffed pork tenderloin, roasted root vegetables, green been casserole (my favorite have-to for Christmas meal), bread pudding and a triple-berry pie. We always do French Toast made with eggnog and Panettone for breakfast and the rest of the day, we're just going to snack--spanakopita, gouda and bacon mini-quiches, Swedish meatballs, stuffed mushrooms, sausage and cheese and crackers, and all the cookies and candy that I've been making this past month and squirreling away! Diet Schmiet!!
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

I love to cook so I'm sure I've had many disasters. Just can't think of one right now.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

PurpleGoddess

Cherry Blossom

AlwaysHappy wrote:
AnnOminous wrote:The dip sounds delicious! :-D
Thank you Ann. It really does taste good, just not what I expected and a lot more of it. LOL

I've never tasted a pineapple cheese ball or a dip...So can we get the recipe for that?

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Ok - I want the recipe for the pineapple cheese ball......... (PLEASE?)
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

I wouldn't exactly call it a disaster but I stuffed a turkey with stuffing made from three loaves of bread. It took a lot of cramming into the cavity and neck cavity. That was the first time I'd ever made a turkey - first Thanksgiving I was married........
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee