Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Suggestions needed - stickle question
I am working with acrylic and used stickles on the edges and it's chipping off. Do you think if I use glossy accents over it, it will seal and stay? Any other suggestions?
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Suggestions needed - stickle question
Sorry - haven't worked with Acrylic so I don't know.
Laurie

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I have never used Stickles on acrylic either. I just got my first bottle of Glossy Accents and I've not used it yet so I don't know if it can be used on acrylic or work in what your doing. Sorry!

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

I hate to say this, but I never got the stickles to stick to my acrylic at all. It looked good, but it was a big flaky mess before I knew it.

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Laura Fiore wrote:I hate to say this, but I never got the stickles to stick to my acrylic at all. It looked good, but it was a big flaky mess before I knew it.
That's what I am experiencing. I'm trying the glossy accents over it to seal if it's going to seal it....It's a bit of mess right now.
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Northern Brat wrote:
Laura Fiore wrote:I hate to say this, but I never got the stickles to stick to my acrylic at all. It looked good, but it was a big flaky mess before I knew it.
That's what I am experiencing. I'm trying the glossy accents over it to seal if it's going to seal it....It's a bit of mess right now.

Lemme know if it works...I've still got about 20 acrylic snowflakes waiting for some love if it does! :-D

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

I think the nature of acrylic isn't going to allow it to stick very well. MAYBE if you scuffed the acrylic first, it may work but I haven't had much luck with it either.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

Actually, there is something you can use to seal it,

clear nail polish! It sticks to acrylic nails ^^
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

The glossy accents worked not bad! I think it sealed it up....but the clear nail polish is a great idea!! Makes sense to me!
Leslie
J - /6
ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee