Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

bfaretra

Cherry Bing

Re: SPeaking of Scrappy Rooms
I am so so envious of all of you

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

Barb, how big is your room? and did you have your counter custom built? I would really like something like that in a corner.....this will be my room....

it's rougly 12 x 9 so it has lots of potential!
Image~Angie~

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

Yours all put mine to shame.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

wahoo_mom

Cherry Garcia

Kitkat137 wrote:im super jealous of all your spaces. I still scrap in a corner of the bedroom. I'm slowly building storage but I find that I have to limit my stock to what will fit in my space - good and bad.

Me too! I scrap in part of our dining area and have to limit myself too. And keep it somewhat clean. Yes, good and bad.
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

Here's what my space looks like. I share the room with the kids so what you don't see in the photo is a couch, another desk with a desktop computer (which is where my WF printer is too), a bookshelf full of board games and an entertainment center with TV on it. Its not organized or cleaned right now in this picture, but I made some changes to the setup....the drawers in front of the windows USED to be stacked 7 feet high so I couldn't even see what is in them for over a year! I got rid of an old recliner and VOILA, expanded scrap space/shrunken kids playroom space! Sounds fair to me!

Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

Nancy - it was a couple days BEFORE! If I were to take it AFTER, you would still see some chip letters and other stuff on the floor that I haven;t gotten to resort yet!!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

nun69 wrote:Barb, how big is your room? and did you have your counter custom built? I would really like something like that in a corner.....this will be my room....

it's rougly 12 x 9 so it has lots of potential!

Wow, it's pretty big, but my section from one end of the tables (at the start of the window) to the corner behind the computer is about 10 and a half feet, and from the corner behind the computer to the closet is a little over 12 feet, but that part cuts into an "L" shape, which is a little over 3 feet deep. They are not counters believe it or not but an assortment of computer tables all butted together. DH and I went thru the Quill catalog to find furniture that we liked. Then we looked at all the pieces that were available and figured out how much desk space we wanted and what pieces we would have to buy to each get the "counter" look you see. We ordered one table to see if we liked it, dh assembled it, and then we decided that we really liked it. So I marked up the floor with cutouts and tape for each piece we were thinking of ordering so we could see exactly how it would all fit. We even made sure to measure the corner unit's curve to be sure everything would fit okay. Then we ordered all the pieces we had decided on, the drawer units that slide underneath, and when it all arrived dh had a building party assembling them all. I like that there are "holes" in the top of the tables to slide all the wiring thru and then there are tree hooks that you put underneath the table tops to string the wires along the top so you don't see them. One thing I hate is seeing wires! It took a long time to get it all done but it was so worth it! DH has a "counter" similar to mine on his side, and one of his tables is actually an entire drawer unit with two deep drawers for files.

Your room looks like it's a great size and you are going to be able to do so much with it! I bet you are so excited! I was so excited when I started to move into my "space"!

I hope this was helpful to you! Good luck Angie and have a blast!!!

ImageImage Image Image  

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

pawprints what a room, Love it.

begratiot

Cherry Tart

I have a boring corner in the basement, although I do have a window (it's a bi=level house). Love having the window but I think I need to spruce it up with some color after looking at these pics. My daughter who is 17, shares it for her music and lounging entertainment so you know what it looks like! I try to keep things neat and tidy - I work best like that. :?
Betsy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She who dies with the most paper - wins!"

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

grifscap wrote:pawprints what a room, Love it.

Thanks!

ImageImage Image Image  

megamay

Cherry Cola

boy am I jealous! but I really do love my room even if it is small and windowless and in perpetual disarray, it is my haven. Since this photo was taken, the chair has gone away and been replaced by a folding table that holds a bunch of DDs stuff.

ImageImage

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

oh girl, i hope you've been hoarding those scrappy organizers i've mentioned
and am so excited for you :) i cannot wait to see your awesome scraproom!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

bellaconsmom

Cherry Jubilee

Love all the rooms so far! I just wish for a corner space, since the baby's crib needed a place, lol!

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

love the rooms!! I don't have my own rom although I have enough stuff to fill one lol!!

nun69

Cherry Jubilee

and Grace I still have pictures of your scrappy room in my PM's saved :) I have it painted and my little desk put together!!! hope to get to organizing it sometime this week :) I am currently painting a VERY {INK room for Abby :)
Image~Angie~

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Barb, I'm moving in with you!!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

ImageImageImageImageImageThis is my scrap area. As you may know, I live in a studio apartment in Philly, so my scraproom is also my living room/kitchen/dining room/office/bedroom. So I had to make my scrap area pretty small. My ceilings are super high, so I tried to take advantage of that by stacking things high. All of my stuff comes from Ikea and Target!
Leslie

jodcold

Cherry Garcia

OMGosh! I love all your rooms! This is such a great thread!
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

EarthMom wrote:
lilkoala3 wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageThis is my scrap area. As you may know, I live in a studio apartment in Philly, so my scraproom is also my living room/kitchen/dining room/office/bedroom. So I had to make my scrap area pretty small. My ceilings are super high, so I tried to take advantage of that by stacking things high. All of my stuff comes from Ikea and Target!
How awesome that you could paint it the colors you like. I love that floor...never had anything like that in an apartment!
It's an EXTREMELY old building in Philly. Those are actually real hardwood floors, no the laminate stuff. It's cool because there are all of these fun old touches. The doorknobs are the original crystal ones, the crown molding is really cool, and the coolest thing is that the original calling box (the thing used to talk to people downstairs when they ring the bell) is still there! Of course, it doesn't work, but it looks like one of those crazy old telephones you see in movies where you hold the thing up to one ear and talk into the other piece. It's neat! Also, you aren't supposed to paint, but I did it anyway, and I'll have to paint it back to white before I leave.
Leslie

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Do you have the whole room pink? or just the corner?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee