We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Double Sided Paper Conundrum...
amberella wrote:Hmm... encouraging me to buy two isn't a good idea :waiting: But I suppose I could "accidentally" get a duplicate? :D

I just looked up photoshop stuff, Elements is only $70, but regular photoshop is still $200, and to get the entire design suite is $300. I'd use the suite a lot, but I'd clearly have to win the lottery :P (and yeah, those are good deals, but... still expensive! :?)

Say you go with Elements-$70. You order every other week at 20$ for paper supplies. You save for 2 months instead of ordering paper stuff and you can get Elements. Then you can reuse paper, elements as much as you want, and the freebies are endless! You can resize or color anything without hurting the original! Best best part. There is an undo button. :)

amberella

Cherry Bomb

JeanG wrote:LOL, Amber - I'm an enabler!! "Accidentally" getting 2 seems wise to me....:-D

Don't worry, I have a tendency to TRULY accidentally end up with doubles... especially of the things I really like, I forget I have one already! :P
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

amberella

Cherry Bomb

milmomma wrote:
amberella wrote:Hmm... encouraging me to buy two isn't a good idea :waiting: But I suppose I could "accidentally" get a duplicate? :D

I just looked up photoshop stuff, Elements is only $70, but regular photoshop is still $200, and to get the entire design suite is $300. I'd use the suite a lot, but I'd clearly have to win the lottery :P (and yeah, those are good deals, but... still expensive! :?)

Say you go with Elements-$70. You order every other week at 20$ for paper supplies. You save for 2 months instead of ordering paper stuff and you can get Elements. Then you can reuse paper, elements as much as you want, and the freebies are endless! You can resize or color anything without hurting the original! Best best part. There is an undo button. :)

Yeah, I didn't know elements was that cheap, so I have been considering it. :) I'm waiting to hear back on some job applications, so I'd probably wait 'til I can actually procure some disposable income, though. :D
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

amberella

Cherry Bomb

MOM2SNOX wrote:LOL! That's why I buy TWO of each... one to use, the other to covet, admire and cherish forever and ever :P

Hahahaha!
Ya know, I'm loving all these suggestions to get two :D I think I'm gonna keep note of the ones I really *really* REALLY like, for reorder purposes. I don't know if I'd order two right away, because things always look different in person... I'm a precautionary person.. hahaha :)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

LisaLynn00

Cherry Berry

Interesting.... I have never thought to use the back for another layout! I'll have to remember that. I usually end up getting at least 2 sheets of each paper, so that I can cut one up however I want :)
Lisa - Mama to Chelsea 3/12/09 and Meredith 2/4/13

http://lisaschaefer.ctmh.com
http://lisalynn00.blogspot.com

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

My paper problem is a little different from yours. I'm a little wacky about using beautiful paper because I don't want to cover up the paper with photos and other things. So, it goes is my pretty paper stack and will probably never be used. LOL Now THAT'S crazy.
Image ImageImage

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

killarney_rose wrote:Amber and Angie.....BUY TWO!!!!

BUY TWO, BUY TWO!!!!

I do, and it solved my problem. Or if maybe like the last two layouts I did, I didn't like the offside so didn't need two. I am also capable to not buy two if I like both sides. I have to love love both sides to buy two. I have way too much paper as it is. ;)

I also BUY TWO! I always try to buy two.
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

amberella

Cherry Bomb

AlwaysHappy wrote:My paper problem is a little different from yours. I'm a little wacky about using beautiful paper because I don't want to cover up the paper with photos and other things. So, it goes is my pretty paper stack and will probably never be used. LOL Now THAT'S crazy.

Oh nono, I have that problem too... you're not alone there either... I have a feeling I'm gonna have a pretty paper stack too :P
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

lizziej

Bowl Full of Cherries

I NEVER buy double-sided paper with the idea that I have to use it as a background to make TWO layouts; in fact, the thought never occurred to me until I read this thread. If I like both sides, I buy two sheets so that I can use both sides on my one layout.
Liz - HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
The only good addict is an alpha addict!

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

mysunshine wrote:This particular sheet makes me mad! Why did they offset the two sides? The back you can't see is 4 journal spots - quadrants. If you cut any of the middle spots on the front, you can't use the other side at all! They could have arranged both sides to be easily cut into quadrants, but they didn't. WHY??? It's obviously intended to be used in pieces, not as a background at all!

I totally agree on this one! They could have easily resized one side so that you were able to mix and match which pieces you wanted to use. NOw you have to decide, front or back.

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

I usually buy two also. Only once have I purposely scrapped leaving the back so I can do a LO on it. That is, I put the brads etc through the layers I added and didn't poke anything through the back..It was a pain! (Now I can't even remember the LO to go use the other side! LOL)

I will cut out large areas that are going to be covered with pics, or larger pieces of paper to make it stretch as far as I can.

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I also buy 2 of all the papers I love that way I can use one and keep the other!:-D :-D
ImageImage 

gine

Cherry Garcia

I always buy 2 of each paper..well not always ....if I like it a lot I get 3 and sometimes 4 (need a big blushing smiley)
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Buy two...
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

Shadywolfe

Cherry Blossom

jeez you could buy cricut for that

Shadywolfe

Cherry Blossom

ok so... I'd say buy two but I usually already do that unless I have plans to cut it up then I usually buy 1.. but the reason I buy two already is because I have this obsession with doing spreads now.
I used to only do 1 page and then go on to the next but I've decided in my strange head that it looks better as a spread... more uniform.

So, here's the strange and sometimes expensive part, sometimes, when a paper is really really pretty and double sided, I buy 5. I've never scrapped the back of a paper, though not a bad idea, I'm afraid I'd not be able to work with the other side once I got the first done, I like to use dimension. I buy two for the BG on a LO, then two more for the flip side for the BG to another LO, and 1 more to cut up for say, flowers on friday? LOL I know that's a bit much but it doesn't happen too terribly often. I guess I just wish that some double sided paper had the option of being single sided, then I'd not be wasting the back side.

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

EarthMom wrote:
mysunshine wrote:This particular sheet makes me mad! Why did they offset the two sides? The back you can't see is 4 journal spots - quadrants. If you cut any of the middle spots on the front, you can't use the other side at all! They could have arranged both sides to be easily cut into quadrants, but they didn't. WHY??? It's obviously intended to be used in pieces, not as a background at all!

You still can use it, you just have to be creative. For example, if you cut the count your blessing part out, but wanted to use the blue bracketed part from the back...I would use what part of it hasn't been cut out, and use it as a journaling block butted up next to a photo or mat...that way I've actually used both!

I like the way you think Nancy! I probably would have ditched the backside because I would think I needed those bracket frames whole, but really, you could easily use half of the sheet as a journaling spot, add a strip of paper where you've cut off the portion and it would look like you just covered it up! Stagger a photo over the cut off edge and it looks like it's meant to be that way, right?

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Well, for all the difficult choices that arise, I still think double-sided is better than one-sided anyday.
Leslie

koala1966

Cherry Delight

Yeah, I just buy two if I love both sides. :bluelol: I didn't with my Bisous, shame on me, and ended up making a layout on both sides of the paper because I couldn't choose. Sometimes if I really love it I buy 5. Or 10. :bluelol: It's definitely a problem, lol.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

amberella wrote:So, double sided paper seems like an awesome idea, right? It's getting more for your money!

But... whenever I get double sided paper I feel like I have to use it ONLY as the background, and do a LO on each side, which is obviously a pain! This gets especially bad when i really like both sides, or if I have an idea and WANT to cut it to use in different places but... I just... I can't!

Does anyone else get this way, or am I really just crazy?
LOL! this is exactly why I automatically purchase TWO of every double sided paper!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee