Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

sherry

Cherry Bing

GETTING MORE USE FROM CRICUT MATS
I've seen some postings on here about spraying the Cricut mats with quilter's basting spray. I looked at Walmart and could not find it. What is it? Does it work? Is it worth messing with? Appreciate any feedback on this.

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Re: GETTING MORE USE FROM CRICUT MATS
It works wonderfully! I found mine at Michaels in the quilting area - near the batting. Not sure if Walmart carries it or not.

I wash my mat about once a month in warm soapy water and let air dry. I spray it whenever things stop sticking. The washing just takes off the paper fuzz that will build up. I haven't bought a new mat since I got my machine over 2 years ago. I do have 2 mats, but both get used.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

Hmm...I haven't washed mine yet--I must not use it enough! LOL Though Idid notice it is starting to get worn on the edge a bit!

I need to go find this basting spray...

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I also saw the post on this, and yes, Walmart does have it. I found it back where the quilting supplies are. It was $7.98 a can. I have not tried it yet, but did wash my mat and that alone brought back some stick.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

dismith

Cherry Blossom

Yes washing alone will help some. I wash/dry and spray with spray adhesive. Anxious to try the quilters spray to see if it is better.

scraptag

Cherry Cola

I should wash my mat, when I opened my expression at Christmas, I took the protector off the mat, and dropped it right on the dog and cat fur lined rug! It's so bad after only a few months, because it was completely coated in dog and cat fur. just my luck!

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Oh I am soo gonna try that quilters spray! I was just about ready to shred it, get really flustrated when it moves during a cutting! You guys saved the day once again!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I wash my mats to with soapy water and air dry, but i use this Image
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

gine

Cherry Garcia

I never washed mine, but use a regular repositionable stencil spray adhesive
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

BeatrizS

Cherry Bomb

i too have been using the quilter's spray for a few years now. and love it. Sometimes just washing the mat helps tremendously. I bought my spray at Joann's (and used a coupon :graywinka:)

JDs Mom

Cherry Bomb

scraptag wrote:I should wash my mat, when I opened my expression at Christmas, I took the protector off the mat, and dropped it right on the dog and cat fur lined rug! It's so bad after only a few months, because it was completely coated in dog and cat fur. just my luck!
Who are you and why are you scrapping at my house?? :winkb:
Seriously--those cricut mats are better than a lint roller. Especially when your long-haired cat jumps up on your scrap table and walks across your mat...slowly...deliberately...as if to say, "Meoooow, pay attention to ME, meeowww!!"
I am off to walmart tomorrow to buy some basting spray. The price of a can is what i pay for the pack of 2 new mats. THAT'S the expense that they don't warn you about--nevermind new cartridge fever--the mats and blades will eat you out of house and home if you use it a lot!!
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

scraptag

Cherry Cola

JDs Mom wrote:
scraptag wrote:I should wash my mat, when I opened my expression at Christmas, I took the protector off the mat, and dropped it right on the dog and cat fur lined rug! It's so bad after only a few months, because it was completely coated in dog and cat fur. just my luck!
Who are you and why are you scrapping at my house?? :winkb:
Seriously--those cricut mats are better than a lint roller. Especially when your long-haired cat jumps up on your scrap table and walks across your mat...slowly...deliberately...as if to say, "Meoooow, pay attention to ME, meeowww!!"
I am off to walmart tomorrow to buy some basting spray. The price of a can is what i pay for the pack of 2 new mats. THAT'S the expense that they don't warn you about--nevermind new cartridge fever--the mats and blades will eat you out of house and home if you use it a lot!!

ah, Carol, you had me rolling on the floor!
Meowww!

Monet06

Cherry Blossom

I don't have a coupon but I am going to go look for that spray at lunch.

maryplus5

Sweet Cherry Pie

That is on my list! I have tried using a spray adhesive...didn't work out so well....plus like the idiot that I am....I layed the mat on top of my carpet and sprayed...now I have a permanent "clean" square with an edge of "life" aka dirt ...surrounding it! The more a scrubbed the worse it got!

simplykate

Cherry Tart

great tip ladies...thanks!!
Kate Enjoy the little things in life!

sherry

Cherry Bing

one other tip I read here-- tape off the edges of the mat before spraying- you don't want the entire mat sticky, just the area where your paper will go

ammielou

Sweet Cherry Pie

All of my area Walmarts have done away with the "sewing" department. They have downsized and made it more of a crafts department. No patterens, material, thread, yarn. Only a few scrapping items, flowers and decoration things. I've only washed my mat, haven't tried the spary. I do have the Elmers spray glue, would that work just as well?
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee