Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

handerful

Cherry Cropper

Ribbon Pleating help!
I tried to pleat my ribbon like this -

ImageImage

I used an atg gun... and it looked really nice, but the next morning it looked like this -

What can I do differently to make it stay?
Image Image
RACHEL

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Ribbon Pleating help!
I always have to staple or stitch mine to make it stay
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Two words... Go digital. You will never have to worry about your glue not working. :winkb:

coversu

Cherry Blossom

Stitch through the ribbon.
Dawn

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

What a pain! Sorry you had bad luck.

I honestly ran my ATG gun over the area where I wanted to apply the ribbon and folded it as I went. I probably used several lines of adhesive but the ATG is very adhering.

In the first photo, I ironed it first before adhering. In the second, I just did the adhesive and folded it free hand as I went. My LOS still look exactly like the photos (mine didn't come undone.)

You could try running the ATG along the back of the ribbon instead of the page. The stitching over top of it idea is great, too.

Let us know how it goes.
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

javalove

Cherry Bing

How about glue dots? I usually use them to adhere ribbon onto paper, but I've never tried them to attach ribbon to itself. Might work???
Lisa

Image Image

immom2anc

Sweet Cherry Pie

I always use zots on mine. A zot on the top of the ribbon, fold it over, then another dot in between the ribbon to hold it in place. I use a lot of zots when I do this, but it stays.
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

gine

Cherry Garcia

I use gluedots and have never had them go undone
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

LisaLynn00

Cherry Berry

I've never seen a LO with this before! Now I have something new to try! I agree that glue dots/zots would probably work.
Lisa - Mama to Chelsea 3/12/09 and Meredith 2/4/13

http://lisaschaefer.ctmh.com
http://lisalynn00.blogspot.com

JDs Mom

Cherry Bomb

Could you gently iron it--not to make it totally flat, but to help it stay down and adhere to the adhesive better?
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

milmomma wrote:Two words... Go digital. You will never have to worry about your glue not working. :winkb:

:-D
Laurie

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

I do it like Beth did, and it almost always sticks completely. Where it pops up a bit,I'll stick it down with a glue dot. The stitching definitely holds it though!

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I use Glue Dots, too.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

milmomma wrote:Two words... Go digital. You will never have to worry about your glue not working. :winkb:

I second this!!! Let me know if you want any adivce on how to get started! :winkb:
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

AmyTeets

Digital Designers

When I do mine, I put a strip of adhesive down then also on every fold behind as well. Does that make sense?
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

letumom wrote:

:-D

It does look in the example like they ironed it actually. I have ribbon glue but any luquid adhesive would probably work better. I don't actually like liquids, my first chouce would always be glue glider, or glue dots but I think I would in this case and then I would probably let it dry under some thing heavy.
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

AmyTeets wrote:When I do mine, I put a strip of adhesive down then also on every fold behind as well. Does that make sense?
this is how I do mine, I have a lo i did about 6 months ago and I did a lot of pleating and the ribbon is still in place. sorry yours came undone.

ajkulig

Cherry Bing

Oh just another observation, is your ribbon slick? Like silky feeling? Because that might effect regular adhesive sticking to it.
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}

scrap-4-life

Cherry Bing

Oh no!! I always stitch mine too but it's sometimes quite tricky!
~Julie

http://www.joverby.blogspot.com/
Spellbinders DT

handerful

Cherry Cropper

ajkulig wrote:Oh just another observation, is your ribbon slick? Like silky feeling? Because that might effect regular adhesive sticking to it.
It is.

I just made it straight this time. I'll drag out the sewing machine or glue dots next time. Thanks for the tips!
Image Image
RACHEL

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee