Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

shd-katy

Cherry Tart

Re: CHAT with ScrapHD *HERE*
lilmacgil wrote:I would love to see a black and white option in the filter function for photos too!

yup...
Make sure to choose A Cherry on Top as your retailer when you create an account on ScrapHD!

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

in the early beta testing version of ScrapHD, I was helping test some of the features, specifically thinking as a digital scrapper "how can I use the products I already own" and also, how to use my existing Photoshop program features with ScrapHD. What I came up with was this....

You can "build" a cluster with your digital scrapbooking software using the products you have purchased. Save it as a png image, which will maintain the transparency. Then in ScrapHD, upload that partial layout piece that you just created, and layer it with ScrapHD products. This is a great way to be able to use the tools and advanced functions that you are familiar with using in your regular software and still use Scrap HD's products too!

I'm sorry I don't have my layout to share with you all, I can't find it on my pc and it was deleted from the beta testing after the site went live.
Image Image

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

So much helpful info I have just been reading and learning lol I did post 2 pages back but then I noticed I forgot to say hello.. so Hi!!

I learned a lot!

shd-katy

Cherry Tart

shayla_rose wrote:So much helpful info I have just been reading and learning lol I did post 2 pages back but then I noticed I forgot to say hello.. so Hi!!

I learned a lot!

Hi!! I'm so glad you learned a lot! I also do Webinars all of the time which is an awesome way to get familiar with everything you can do. You guys can sign up on the ScrapHD blog if you're interested...next one is monday 8:30pm CST
Make sure to choose A Cherry on Top as your retailer when you create an account on ScrapHD!

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

MamaK321 wrote:in the early beta testing version of ScrapHD, I was helping test some of the features, specifically thinking as a digital scrapper "how can I use the products I already own" and also, how to use my existing Photoshop program features with ScrapHD. What I came up with was this....

You can "build" a cluster with your digital scrapbooking software using the products you have purchased. Save it as a png image, which will maintain the transparency. Then in ScrapHD, upload that partial layout piece that you just created, and layer it with ScrapHD products. This is a great way to be able to use the tools and advanced functions that you are familiar with using in your regular software and still use Scrap HD's products too!

I'm sorry I don't have my layout to share with you all, I can't find it on my pc and it was deleted from the beta testing after the site went live.

I love this idea! That's why this is such an awesome website and community! I don't think I would have even considered this at first! It will just take some planning on my part! LOL!
Laurie

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

I've learned a lot too! But I need to run some errands, so will need to check back later for further info!

Thanks Katy for all your info!
Laurie

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

shd-katy wrote:QUICK TIP:

SEARCHING!
My favorite way to find what I am looking for is to pick a paper or embellishment that I know I want to use. When you are in the builder and you scroll over that element, it will pop up the name, kit name, object name....For example, say the paper I want to use is by American Crafts...When I scroll over it, it is named

American Crafts - Craft Fair - Millie Singler

I can now search for Craft Fair and all of the papers from that line will pop up! You can also search Craft Fair in the embellishments category and see if there are matching embellishments for that line

This will work great along with that list of manufacturer's product lines that I posted here. ScrapHD: List of Product Lines
I went through ScrapHD and took note of all the product lines. I also went through the paper shoppe here at ACOT and we carry many of the same lines!
Image Image

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

MamaK321 wrote:
shd-katy wrote:QUICK TIP:

SEARCHING!
My favorite way to find what I am looking for is to pick a paper or embellishment that I know I want to use. When you are in the builder and you scroll over that element, it will pop up the name, kit name, object name....For example, say the paper I want to use is by American Crafts...When I scroll over it, it is named

American Crafts - Craft Fair - Millie Singler

I can now search for Craft Fair and all of the papers from that line will pop up! You can also search Craft Fair in the embellishments category and see if there are matching embellishments for that line

This will work great along with that list of manufacturer's product lines that I posted here. ScrapHD: List of Product Lines
I went through ScrapHD and took note of all the product lines. I also went through the paper shoppe here at ACOT and we carry many of the same lines! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=225482

This is helpful, I'm gonna try this.

shd-katy

Cherry Tart

I have a request...I have seen a ton of great LO's by you all popping up this weekend...If you are a Club Member or doing the free Trial, click the Print from Home - even if you don't plan to print...This will allow me to download the file - I want to create a post showing off all of your work!

So, speaking of which
QUICK TIP:
SHARING YOUR LAYOUTS!

You can post the direct link (found next to your LO in the ScrapHD Community) - this will link to your Scrapbook on ScrapHD
OR
Click Print from Home - download the file emailed to you - post the .jpg to the forum

shd-katy

Cherry Tart

letumom wrote:I've learned a lot too! But I need to run some errands, so will need to check back later for further info!

Thanks Katy for all your info!

Thanks for all of the great questions!! Keep them coming if you think of anymore! Have a good day!

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

yes Katy, thank you SO MUCH for always coming out and chatting with us!! I've gotta run as well, the family is waiting for me to get off the pc. LOL
Image Image

sheresas

Cherry Blossom

Wow, that would be nice to see some layouts. Thanks!

Sheresa
Sherry K

lilmacgil

Cherry Picker

For the newbies-newer-than-me...ScrapHD was the first digi scrapping I tried and I haven't used any other software, so you can do digi with just ScrapHD. I have started to download digi papers and elements to use as well, but no software yet. I think it's a great way to get started and you can do almost anything with what's there.
Julia

Image Image Image

Visit my blog!

immom2anc

Sweet Cherry Pie

letumom wrote:
MamaK321 wrote:in the early beta testing version of ScrapHD, I was helping test some of the features, specifically thinking as a digital scrapper "how can I use the products I already own" and also, how to use my existing Photoshop program features with ScrapHD. What I came up with was this....

I love this idea! That's why this is such an awesome website and community! I don't think I would have even considered this at first! It will just take some planning on my part! LOL!

great idea kristianne!
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

shd-katy

Cherry Tart

lilmacgil wrote:For the newbies-newer-than-me...ScrapHD was the first digi scrapping I tried and I haven't used any other software, so you can do digi with just ScrapHD. I have started to download digi papers and elements to use as well, but no software yet. I think it's a great way to get started and you can do almost anything with what's there.

Thanks Julia!! I love how much you "get it" :) Even a lot of digi designers who design in Photoshop prefer the quickness of actually doing the layouts with ScrapHD!

sheresas

Cherry Blossom

Thanks lilmacgil. I have never done digi and find it somewhat over my head.
Sherry K

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Thanks Katy! Gotta run too.

shd-katy

Cherry Tart

THank you EVERYONE! I'm always around to answer questions and take suggestions!! Newbies, this is truly the easiest, most economical way to digiscrap. Can't wait to see you get started. Have a great rest of the day!

sheresas

Cherry Blossom

Thanks for all the info!!
Sherry K

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

I'm shooting some random points to these gals, with THANKS for chatting with Katy!!! now go play with ScrapHD and WIN that Hybrid Contest! :-D :-D :-D

shayla_rose
letumom
fong33
lilmacgil
Image Image

Return to “NSD Crop 2010”