Forum rules
April 30-May 2
megamay
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 983

Re: Mother's Day Card Class HERE

Post by megamay »

CARD 2
I decided to make both of the kraft cards first and both the same direction, so that the inserts will fit in them nicely. I used the front side of the Wild Flowers card front, and cut a 1.5 inch strip from the Sunshine paper. I used a pencil to mark where to cut the yellow strip so that it will go all the way across the card, cut it and inked it.

Next I pulled out the smaller leftover piece of blue and arranged my letters in the corner to create the sentiment. Then I trimmed the blue down around the sentiment and grabbed the scrap of the Wild Flowers paper and matted the blue on the brown. I trimmed the brown down similarly, inked the edges of both and glued them together.

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

LOL - I've made cards and stuck them together before - thanks for the reminder to make sure card is open!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

wendy6510
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 2

Post by wendy6510 »

Love the cards!!! Thanks!!
jmo95
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 964

Post by jmo95 »

writerlady wrote:LOL - I've made cards and stuck them together before - thanks for the reminder to make sure card is open!

I am good for making cards that open the wrong way! lol
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

jmo95 wrote:
I am good for making cards that open the wrong way! lol

lol! I do that all the time too.
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

Next I wrapped the brown twine around it twice and tied it in a little knot. Then I glued down the large patterned paper rectangle and the small strip, before adhering the sentiment with some foam tape and fabritac. The fabritac is mostly to keep the twine secured, and the foam tape is to keep the sentiment level on the card, since one side has the twine around it and the other doesnt.

bfaretra
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 27

Post by bfaretra »

I joined late but just in time - am ready to make my Mothers Day cards and had already done some prep work - it is going to be so much fun to make the flowers from the seed paper! Your photos and instructions are great!
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by writerlady »

Love the twine! Gosh - it's like $7 a ball at Wallie World...

megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

Next I wanted to add just a bit more visual interest to my flowers. So I got out my stamp. Bare with me here because this may seem like sacrilidge to some of you. and if you are uncomfortable with it, you can skip the whole stamping flowers part, or find a different stamp that works for you. I cut my stamp apart so that I could stamp with just the one flower bloom. I could have masked it, but , well, I stink at masking. And as I will show you later, I was still able to put the stamp back together and use it as all one piece.

Next I laid out my flowers as before to see how many I needed. Then they all were inked, the large one distressed and the small ones got a stamp in the center with the newly cut flower stamp.

fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 204

Post by fong33 »

That one looks great!
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

bfaretra wrote:I joined late but just in time - am ready to make my Mothers Day cards and had already done some prep work - it is going to be so much fun to make the flowers from the seed paper! Your photos and instructions are great!

thanks
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

writerlady wrote:Love the twine! Gosh - it's like $7 a ball at Wallie World...

oh wow, hmm I might have to check that out because it is my new favorite thing
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

fong33 wrote:That one looks great!

thanks
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

Card 3 - moving on to the green, vertically oriented, cards. Here I used the back of the yellow paper - I cut a 3.25 inch strip from the yellow paper- and just freehanded a large curve in pencil, Then cut it out, inked the edges and glued it to the patterned paper card front. Then I tied the twine around it as shown, wrapping it 3 or 4 times. In this photo it looks like the knot is in the back, but it isn't. The knot should be visible on the front lower right hand corner. Then I glued that to the actual card using fabritac.

megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

The flowers got the same, inked, distressed and stamped treatment. Then I just stuck the sentiment stickers on. I sort of centered the 'mothers day' part between the knot and the flowers, before adding the 'happy' so I could more easily center the 'happy' above the 'mothers day'

Kaylas_Bah
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 12

Post by Kaylas_Bah »

Just got here. The cards are beautiful & the instructions for the first card are great. Will follow along & make these later.:)
Lori
Image Image
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by writerlady »

Love the stamp on the flowers!

megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

incidentally, I just today found another reason to love these tiny alphas on cards...

I had a last minute need for a card and I didnt have one with the appropriate sentiment, so I just pulled the tiny alphas off and replaced them with the sentiment that I needed.
sghartman
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 78

Post by sghartman »

I love the effect that stamp has in the center of the flower. It really adds a great effect. My DDs are driving me crazy with questions and Mama's so I'm just going to have to stop where I am and pick up later. Thanks for some wonderful cards!! I'll check back in later.
megamay
Cherry Cola

Post by megamay »

Card 4
I used a scrap of the yellow to create the sentiment - trimming and then inking the edges. And laid out the flowers as before. nothing is glued here in the second photo.

Return to “NSD Crop 2010”