Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: What's the weirdest thing you've accidently washed?
I do not consider this as weird. I am after all involved with cattle. But each of you might think it is really strange. I've washed a multitude of things I work with on a daily, monthly, or seasonal basis. I'm normally really good about checking my pockets. I mean really good because my cell phone is in the pocket, a holder for your hip does not work for me. Gets in the way. But I washed a button to these:

Image <-------- these are the buttons. These are ear tags we use as ear rings for cattle, actually they are identification tags in this case. There are also insecticide tags available to help with flies, and are pointless because they do not work.

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

GRACEpunches5 wrote:lol! the most i've done is chap stick and a green crayon that turned the inside of the dyer green!

I did the same thing with a red crayon. Unfortunately for my DH and son it was in their white load... nice pink spots all over their stuff.... LOL!

---------------------------------------------------------

anazelia

Cherry Cola

handerful wrote:A disposable diaper. Ds likes to "help" put laundry in the basket. He didn't understand that his undies aren't washable & I didn't catch it when thowing the load in.

That was going to be mine also- a disposable diaper.

Queenie451

Cherry Berry

My 13 yr. old son wears hearing aids, and when he gets the ear molds re-done they use a yellow material. After the audiologist uses what she needs, she gives the remainder to my son. It looks similar to playdoh and bounces ... for a while. He put it in his pocket and it went through the wash and dryer. Of course, I was doing a load of whites. Yellow spots everywhere! you can imagine what the yellow spots look like on his white shorts.
ImageImageImage

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

My neighbors was their landscaping rocks -on purpose.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

When my kids were young and at home, (3 boys) there were many things found after the fact, but now other then an occasional screw from my DH's uniform pocket, I can't say there has been much.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

javalove

Cherry Bing

I had the most frustrating experience with this! Last summer on vacation on Long Island, I accidentally tossed my keys in with the wash at a laundromat. I'd never realized this before, but once those babies start filling, you can't open them until the load is completed. I stood there helplessly watching my keys go round and round while my kids were rolling on the floor laughing. Believe it or not, once the remote dried out, it still worked.
Lisa

Image Image

zanettac

Cherry Jubilee

Well he didn't get washed...but my mom accidentally turned on the dryer after the cat jumped in. We kept hearing a thumping noise...it was him. Thankfully he was okay after this whole ordeal.

Carol

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

zanettac wrote:Well he didn't get washed...but my mom accidentally turned on the dryer after the cat jumped in. We kept hearing a thumping noise...it was him. Thankfully he was okay after this whole ordeal.

Moral to the story: the cat never climbed in or on the dryer again! the humans never left the dryer door open again!

Glad you rescued him!

ammielou

Sweet Cherry Pie

Nothing out of the ordinary, two cells phones. At different times, mine and DD's.
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 

handerful

Cherry Cropper

javalove wrote:I had the most frustrating experience with this! Last summer on vacation on Long Island, I accidentally tossed my keys in with the wash at a laundromat. I'd never realized this before, but once those babies start filling, you can't open them until the load is completed. I stood there helplessly watching my keys go round and round while my kids were rolling on the floor laughing. Believe it or not, once the remote dried out, it still worked.
This is funny! Not the keys in the washer part, but the kids laughing at you part. That will teach you to do laundry on vacation!
Image Image
RACHEL

scrapaholic

Chocolate Covered Cherry

dog bones, and sea shells.
Have a coke and a smile!Image

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

I regularly wash rocks and nails, receipts, money - anything from my son's pockets
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Mark does not empty his pockets and when we lived in our apartment, I've had screw come flying at me when I opened up the dryer.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

anazelia

Cherry Cola

zanettac wrote:Well he didn't get washed...but my mom accidentally turned on the dryer after the cat jumped in. We kept hearing a thumping noise...it was him. Thankfully he was okay after this whole ordeal.

that happened to me as a kid. We were playing hide and seek and I jumped the dryer. But it was one of the old ones, that if you didn't turn it off, and you shut the door it goes. Well my grandmother had the door open but didn't turn it off, so when I jumped in and shut the door, it started. Luckily my grandmother was near by and heard me being dried and ran and opened the door. Needless to say, I was very very dizzy.

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm sooo glad he was ok!! I have a friend who lost their cat this way. :(

Can't think of anything I've washed that hasn't already been mentioned...
Image Image

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

a pocket ful of prized rocks

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I am pretty good at checking the pockets before I put them in the washer, but I know I have missed kleenexes or money. Coins end up in the bottom of the washer and the paper money just comes out wet. Kleenexes tend to shred and I have little pieces everywhere.
 Image ImageImage

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

Chapstick...and it stains clothes :?
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

Cherry Jubilee

I washed my dd's brand new iPod that I got her for Christmas this past year. I usually am very good at checking pockets but must have missed her sweatshirt. Sadly, this happened about two weeks after Christmas. So, I got on line and ordered her another one. Unfortunately the old one never did work . .. we were hopeful that after some time it would work. I just checked it yesterday and still no dice. . .. :(

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee