Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Yes or No - 326
If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in one percent of those that took the drug, would you want it to be released to the public?

** For the purposes of this question, view this as a guarantee that 1% of the people that take this drug will die, without reason or warning. Not just 1% of people with underlying conditions or problems, but 1% of the people, so it could be you, your son, your grandmother, your neighbor. We all know that almost all drugs come with a small risk of death, but this drug has a guarantee of death in 1% of those who take it - even those who are otherwise healthy. **
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Yes or No - 326
Yup. I have to assume the risk would be known. Therefor the release of the drug would simply present an *option* that was not there before. Those wanting a cure could choose to take it and have that 1% risk... or not.

ETA: Now if you want to know if *I* would take it? No stinkin' way. I have horrible luck and would totally be that 1%. :?

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Yes, I would. While I of course don't want anyone to die because of a drug, I believe the improvement in the quality of life would outweigh the risk. I want people to at least have the option.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Yes.... for all those that it would help, you have to take the gains with the losses.

Flasher

Cherry Crush

ScrapGoo wrote:Yup. I have to assume the risk would be known. Therefor the release of the drug would simply present an *option* that was not there before. Those wanting a cure could choose to take it and have that 1% risk... or not.

ETA: Now if you want to know if *I* would take it? No stinkin' way. I have horrible luck and would totally be that 1%. :?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I don't want others to not have the option, but I'm not so sure I'd take it myself.

sherry

Cherry Bing

yes

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Yes
Image Image

megamay

Cherry Cola

I would want people to have the option.

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'll say yes because as long as people know the risks, than it's their choice to take it or not. But I wouldn't want it not to be an option to the other 99% of people.

colormegirl01

Cherry Blossom

No. I wouldn't. There is too much death already.

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

as much as i want to say yes and let people have the option to choose I have to say no :( I know i wouldn't take it so i can't say yes for others.

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Absolutely positively YES.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

I would want it released so that those who are affected have the option to take it. And as for me, if there was a chance that it would improve my life, or else kill me, I would take it.

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I say no, if youknow 1% would die. I say no.

RitaS

Cherry Bing

No. No return from fatal.
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Since over 40 million Americans have some form of arthritis, let's assume all take the drug. That's 400,000 deaths. That's too high for me!

Lynda

JillinIN

Cherry Cola

Yes. If I had arthritis, I would want the choice of whether to take the risk or not.
My brother and my 23 year old niece were both diagnosed with arthritis at 18 years old.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

No. I have arthritis and it's very painful, but not worth dying for. That would be a lot of people who would die.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

candykane

Sweet Cherry Pie

No ~
ImageImage Layouts for Jan 2011
LayoutsImage for Feb.2011

bfaretra

Cherry Bing

If it were for rheumatoid arthritis, I say yes!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee