Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

Making Memories Paint
I have the bottles of paints by Making Memories and went to use one last week and it was all dried up. The bottle had not yet even been opened prior to that day but who knows how long they sit on shelves in the stores. Has anyone else had this problem and what do you recommend? I have about 40 bottles and I would love to be able to use them. I sent an email to Making Memories over a week ago and have never gotten a response on what they recommend. Someone told me to add water. Would love any feedback on this. Thanks.
 Image ImageImage

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Re: Making Memories Paint
That has happened to me, and I just threw it away. I have been buying another brand now, if I need paints. I don't use them a lot.

glo85cam

Cherry Jubilee

If it is a water based paint, then adding a little should work.

I only bought red, yellow, blue, and white and then mix my own color as I need it. I know this wouldn't work for everyone, but so far it works for me.
glo

[img:3st2c6tv]http://sbing.com/i/thumbnails/proudjubilee.gif[/img:3st2c6tv]

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

glo85cam wrote:If it is a water based paint, then adding a little should work.

I only bought red, yellow, blue, and white and then mix my own color as I need it. I know this wouldn't work for everyone, but so far it works for me.
I will try a little water. I like painting chipboard and have so many I hate to just throw them away. Thanks for your suggestions.
 Image ImageImage

kiwi-ange

Cherry Blossom

I only have one Making Memories paint and the last time I went to use it, although it wasnt quite dry, it certainly was thick and gluggy. I dont have any advice for you cos I havent fixed mine yet, but didnt throw it away!

scrapmickey

Cherry Tart

I have lots of bottles too, one dried up, just like a Rangers' one. And I also threw them away. My crackle paint was drying up as well. Not completely yet so I added some water and that worked very well.

Do let us know!
Hugs,

Mieke
DT Epiphany Crafts Fashion Accessory team
DT Bird is the Word challenge blog
DT coordinator Little Shop of Sketches
Here you can find my blog

colormegirl01

Cherry Blossom

I have tried using laquer thinner, but I don't remember if it worked.... haha. I think it did though!

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I finally got a response back from Making Memories regarding the paint becoming to thick and dried up. They said that since it is a water based paint to add a drop or two of water. They also offered to send me all new bottle caps if I need them. Will try adding water this weekend and see if it works.
 Image ImageImage

leslie9887

Cherry Tart

I just buy maya mist now. Love it! I still have the dabbers, but they also dry out. Holding your chipboard with tweezers or a rubber glove, spray Maya Mist over a splat mat or in an old shoe box. You can spray a little for lighter or a lot and the color comes out good & dries well & fast. I've also just purchased the smooch ones that I will be trying soon for a more pearized look. Plus with the maya mist, there is no mess to clean up with a paintbrush or towels....

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

It's so maddening when that happens. Glad they told you what to do about it, though.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

immom2anc

Sweet Cherry Pie

I don't know how much the bottles of making memories paint are, but I always just use the Apple Barrel or other acrylic brands that are like 35 cents a bottle. I have had any dry up and they are all acid-free too. Big savings and I have LOTS of colors!
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

immom2anc wrote:I don't know how much the bottles of making memories paint are, but I always just use the Apple Barrel or other acrylic brands that are like 35 cents a bottle. I have had any dry up and they are all acid-free too. Big savings and I have LOTS of colors!
Thanks for the FYI. The making memories are normally $2.00 a bottle. I did find some on clearance though. I will start getting the apple barrel etc. paints. They definitely are alot cheaper. Never thought about using them. Again, thanks for the tip.
 Image ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee